How do u get these off the wall 5k buff or more

I am not new to spriest but i am only getting about 3.4 dps outta my priest

There has to be something a miss

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Re: How do u get these off the wall 5k buff or more

Try having a look at the www.elitistjerks.com priest forums, You'll probably figure out how to do more dps there.

I'm not sure what to make of your armory...looks like you're a main spec healer but you're in shadow gear...but you're also in mp5 gear. Don't use a +10 stats gem either, especially not in a prismatic socket.

I'd also advise you check out shadowpriest.com instead of elitistjerks.

It is all about your spell uptime.

Keep VT, SW:P and DP up
    MB on cooldown
    MF in between

Dont wait for VT to fall off before you start casting to put it back up (but dont cast so soon that you dont let the last tick in)

Clip MF early if you need to cast VT/DP/MB

15+ Year Old Account

Run. Quickly. Worshaka will kill you.

Seriously, read the sticky threads and EJ forum (as linked above). Not to mention how rude it is to make us look you up on the armory rather than provide a link :/

Okay i am srry about leaving a link

here it is..

I am hitting around 3.2 that overall damage. I see burst damage on mobs of 4 or better at 7 to 8k but when i transfer to boss again it drops to 3ksometimes under.

I know about the vt and SW:P deal but thats not the issue, with pally buff or even druid buffs in 25 man raid i cannot break 5k...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashj&n=Kodiemo

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Yep, read the stickies.

Drop the healer items, especially that mp5 trinket. It's bad even for disc or holy. The lvl200 hero badge Sundial is better than that.
    Your hit is way overcapped, 11% is enough for a hordie. You even socketed a bad gem for a +4 hit bonus you absolutely don't need. (on boots)
    Drop the bad gems. Socket spellpower only, or spw/crit. Spw/spirit only for the metagem bonus or spellpower socketbonus. So basically your spellpower is low because of
    1) overcapped hit. Change some hit items, even if you only have a lower ilvl item, it might be better.
    2) healer items that waste budget on mp5 - I guess it was your healer gear originally. Basically your dps gear is not nearly finished and that is a big issue.
    3) bad gemming. Haste gems suck, 10 all stat is really a waste.
    If you're dedicated, drop herb and get something that yields a DPS bonus, like JC or enchanting. Leg enchant could be swapped to spw/spirit instead of the spw/stamina you have now. Shoulder enchant has mp5 aswell.

A WoL or WWS link would be useful so that we could check your dot uptimes and MB usage.

Spec: I'd spec for veiled shadows 2/2. Glyphs look okay.

I think my gear is lower ilvl (basically I'm raiding twice a month or so) and yet I've got 2700 spellpower and 840+ crit rating unbuffed and do 5K-ish with minimal support, about 7K in 25mans on non-gimmick fights.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Make sure you pop your trinket (Nevermelting Ice Crystal) right before you cast SW:P, and also make sure you have 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving before hitting SW:P.
    Yes, the correct opener on a raidboss with Ice Crystal is:
    VT, DP, MB, MF, crystal, SWP
    Or something like that

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Do you have any math to back this up? Both shadowpriest.com and elitistjerks.com recommend SP/haste in yellow sockets.
    Read these sources again. Haste is better than crit in T10 BiS gear. He's not even in T9 BiS gear, where haste is worse than crit. Also, theorycrafting is just a reference point, you need to be able to actually apply these numbers to real scenarios. The value of haste diminishes greatly in any encounter when you have to move. And you have to.

Ditch the shoulders and get the haste ones, instead of the crit/hit, will drop your hit and give your more haste (which is nom nom).
    The MP5 Trinket is rubbish, either get the Sundial of the Exiled from heroic badges, or the Abyssal Rune from Normal ToC5.

Also, get an addon like Event Horizon, its amazing at helping you keep your dots up, and for VT it even shows you where to start casting again so you don't miss a tick.

And give this thread a read - http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23234
    The first post has been updated for 3.3 information

Everybody's knocking his gear/enchants/gems, but I don't think that's his issue.

My Priest is logged out in her Disco set (as I raid MH), so probably not helpful, but my offset for Shadow is pretty much equivalent to his, with a bunch of Disco gems (SP/INT, SP/SPI), missing the Glyph of Shadow, and slightly more of a pvp spec (silence)....and I still pulled 4.8k DPS in PoS on bosses.

My SP is around 2500 vs. his 2450, and my hit is around 315 vs. his 396.

There is most likely something wrong with his rotation.

While setting up the right gear is important, I agree with those people saying he should check out EJ or Shadowpriest.com for rotation help. Shadow Priest rotation is one of the more complex, at least compared to most other DPS specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krageth
    Try having a look at the www.elitistjerks.com priest forums, You'll probably figure out how to do more dps there.
    QFT

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!