Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Settling Crit vs Mp5, and while we're at it, trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY
    I just want to point out the difference between theory and practice. No decently geared holy paladin goes oom. It really doesn't matter which spec you choose. I haven't seen many qq's about paladins ooming, have you? Therefor, I find it a safe assumption to make that, in *practice* mp5 must not be that critical. Now, ask yourself, how many times have you had that lucky crit? "Insert counterposts here"
    touché

Quote Originally Posted by tbk2009

All you did was take the .45 and double it? Did you not read the post about 5 lines down where it states "What happens when 3.2 hits?"

What happens when you apply the 3.2 changes to these numbers?
    Example 3b becomes 0.2275 MP5, or 45.49% as effective as MP5.

Quote Originally Posted by tbk2009
    I've tested it numerous times outside of raids. The proc chance IS 10%. Wowhead it. Given 1.3sec holy lights you'll proc it within 13ish seconds. You may get a proc per minute or so, 1/4th uptime = 76mp5 worst case.
    Like I said, that was from combat ... and yes, it does vary from encounter to encounter.

beacon, SS, holy lights, occassional flash heal .. it does "tend" to proc more .. depending of course on your activity. I'm finding it subjectively higher, but it does depend entirely on encounter length - the same, btw as your ToR.

IMO - I'm more liking the flexibility of choosing when to devine plea, versus having to - having mp5 on proc IMO - is much better than having to rely on devine plea on every cool down, tanks taking damage be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY
    I just want to point out the difference between theory and practice. No decently geared holy paladin goes oom. It really doesn't matter which spec you choose. I haven't seen many qq's about paladins ooming, have you? Therefor, I find it a safe assumption to make that, in *practice* mp5 must not be that critical. Now, ask yourself, how many times have you had that lucky crit? "Insert counterposts here"

EDIT: Edited for spelling.

/ THREAD