Thread: Priest PvE Race

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest PvE Race

What wins out as the best; undead, troll or blood elf?

hlap

Re: Priest PvE Race

Human

Wait for Gnome!

not undead. Horrible PvE racials. The other two are pretty nice as far as PvE is concerned. Personal choice=BE

Max DPS: Troll
    Max MP5: BE

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    QFT
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

u should choose if u want to be spriest or healer

I chewz Gobo!

Overall (Horde) I would say BE

Troll if your expecially attracted to the haste effect.

If you are willing to play Alliance...

Human for 3% Spirit is overall the best plus you get the trinket to get out of CC. (Best priest race)

Dreanei for HoT is more versitile for healing.

Night Elf for moar fade possiblity, wouldnt recomend fade is already powerful enough

Dwarf for PvP stoneform ftw... frost res is pretty good for raiding.
    Venara violated my pretty signature. :'(

^ This. If you really like Shadow go Troll. If you really like healing go Blood Elf.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    ^ This. If you really like Shadow go Troll. If you really like healing go Blood Elf.
    Aye, though the most important part to remember is that Blizzard will be changing all the racials at some point, probably due to threads/views like this. The most most important bit is that you should play the race you like the look of, it's a game, if you don't like the race you are playing, then...does that not seem a bit weird to you?

People concerned with looks do not come to forums asking what race is best. They ask what race looks best, or they pick for themselves based on what they've seen in game. As far as the racial changes? All races will not have the same racial abilities, they will be unique. Until racials are all merged and do the exact same thing there will be a best racial for PVP and PVE. They may not be as extreme as they are now, but it won't remove the 'problem.'

15+ Year Old Account

Don't know if they changed that but the last time I checked (which given was a few month back) troll berserking did not give you casting haste, it "just" made your casts fasters. So your dots wouldn't tick faster because it is not true haste, but you would cast MF/MB/MS faster.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Don't know if they changed that but the last time I checked (which given was a few month back) troll berserking did not give you casting haste, it "just" made your casts fasters. So your dots wouldn't tick faster because it is not true haste, but you would cast MF/MB/MS faster.
    I'm not sure if it was true before, but Berserking, along with PI and BL/Heroism, although the tooltip says casting speed, actually gives haste. So for PvE dps, Troll is by far, the best for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by [url
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26297]Spell[/url] Details

Duration 10 seconds
    School Physical
    Mechanic n/a
    Dispel type n/a
    Cost None
    Range 0 yards (Self)
    Cast time Instant
    Cooldown n/a
    Effect Apply Aura: Haste - Melee + Ranged + Spells
    Value: 20

Berserk affects DoTs too justconforming

Berserk gives us finally a CD we can use in Burn phases :> but 10s are very short

Honestly, there is very very little difference between the races and every race brings something to the table. Not only that but racial abilities do change and theres nothing I hate hearing more than people moaning because the only reason they put up with their butt-ugly [insert race here] priest for 2 years is due to 1 lame and overvalued ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    Honestly, there is very very little difference between the races and every race brings something to the table. Not only that but racial abilities do change and theres nothing I hate hearing more than people moaning because the only reason they put up with their butt-ugly [insert race here] priest for 2 years is due to 1 lame and overvalued ability.
    In a min/max or so called high end raiding guild --> Everything counts... 90% of our guild dps are now Troll or Orc ;>

15+ Year Old Account

Blood Elf and the macro in Arcane Torrent into all your instant cast spells so it used up as soon as it comes of CD every time

My vote goes for Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    In a min/max or so called high end raiding guild --> Everything counts... 90% of our guild dps are now Troll or Orc ;>
    There are also allot of alliance "high end raid guilds". I would say undead cause their cast animation is the best. But for racial roll a Troll.

Top 10 guilds on my server are Horde. 4 used to be Alliance guilds. :P