Geared Enough Tankadin for icc10?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rown&n=Xanicuz

Recently dinged 80 not long ago(bout 10 days) and ive been constant heroic farming i can have successfully tanked 10man raids such as ony10 toc10 uld10
    etc... and my guild needs an offtank paladin for there 10icc run and they looked in my direction and declined me saying i need more hp and i cant find a way to boost it up to about 36k unbuffed i am going to buy the badge helm and shoulders but that will only put me at like 34.5k which they said is still to low help?

Re: Geared Enough Tankadin for icc10?

imo, they are being a tad elitest in expecting 36k unbuffed. My paladin has tanked icc10 as MT and OT w/very similiar stats to yours. I sit at 34.5k roughly w/o Sanctuary up (37.5-38k with it). Its more a matter of healer skill to a point for some of the fights. If you buff out w/full raid buffs and a flask of fort and str/stam food, to over 43-45k, you should be safe... Tell em to give you a shot at the very least, and see how it goes. The only thing i noticed from your armory, is that you are mostly gemming straight stam, and not allowing some of your set bonus's to trigger...which is costing you a slight bit of hit points. This is my paladin's gear setup for tanking, in case you want to compare: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&n=Elaraah

Your hit is a tad low, and I'd go for hitting 25 expertise, for the soft cap. For hit, you should be around 260-263, it will help alot for threat generation /landing hits and judgements etc.

note- just noticed, you logged out in prot gear but ret spec, so that is affecting your display of true health etc... might wanna fix that if ya want peeps to help eval your gear / spec etc and overall tanking readiness. /smile.

u can tank it if u do it right, sure it will be abit hard but with good healing and doing right on tanking u will manage ur way there

i'm around 53-54k raidbuffed (10) and muradin still hurts when i jump on their ship.
    so yes, ~34k is low.
    --
    and spec & glyphs you are using are..
    plane wrong.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

For 10 man, I could see you being an off tank, like a damage sponge on Marrowgar and staying on the first ship picking up adds from the portal on the gunship battle. Main tank? No sadly. I am at 38.3k Unbuffed and I do get low sometimes.

Level your mining and blacksmithing. that will get you 120 additional stamina. (60 from toughness and 60 from two more solid magestic zircon in bracer and glove sockets)

That gives another 1200 health BEFORE talents, which should be about right.

*edit*

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    and spec & glyphs you are using are..
    plane wrong.
    No it's not. There are a few things that aren't 'optimal' but it's not 'plane wrong'. He's currently in ret spec with prot gear on. Check the other spec he has.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gbart71
    My paladin has tanked icc10 as MT and OT w/very similiar stats to yours.

This is my paladin's gear setup for tanking, in case you want to compare: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&n=Elaraah
    Odd, you don't have any achievements for icc10 ^^

And on topic:
    My guild just ran an ICC10 Altrun earlier and we had a 32k UB tankadin with us and it went just fine.
    Wipes on Saurfang because the 3 pugs were failing on the adds, and there were 2 marks up :S

You should be fine
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Like Friskydingos said, I could see you as a raids OT for the first couple of bosses. Sadly, the new 3 require some pretty good tanks. Even my tank http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ron&n=Auragasm gets gibbed on Festergut.

But watch movies/read up on fights if you haven't done them before. Then try to get in as an OT.

Best of luck. ;D

I suppose some of these replies are only considering the first 3-4 bosses. Personally, I would not take a 30k-ish prot pally to ICC10. If you are needed to tank at any point during Festergut, you can expect to get nearly 1-shot. When killing Festergut this last reset on 10man, I was tanking second (at his 3stack) and he hit me for over 30k+ in a single attack. On 25man, his attacks can exceed 35k. My tank set is all ilvl 245-258 minus my Black Heart. I have 41.4k unbuffed and just a hair shy of 30k armor with Devo Aura.

The first four bosses do not hit very hard and you should be able to tank/off-tank them. Any group wishing to go for more than 4 bosses might want to shy away from you as a tank though.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

No it's not. There are a few things that aren't 'optimal' but it's not 'plane wrong'. He's currently in ret spec with prot gear on. Check the other spec he has.
    i did checked the other spec, comment was about his PROT spec.

Glyph of righteous defend? rly?
    Glyph of Spiritual attunement with 2/2 points into the talent?
    i see 5 points in divinity ( no comment)
    5 points in SoP ( -_-)
    and 3 points into reckoning ( HAI )

vindication - highest dmg reduction talent for 2 points any paladin tank can get 0/2
    crusade- highest threat generator, along with conviction. 0 points.
    not even mentioning divine sacrifice or guardian.

so yes, its plane wrong.

zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin

I'm not even a tankadin and I can see a bunch of flaws in that spec. not to mention the glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

so yes, its plane wrong.
    lulz?

Glyph of righteous defend? rly?
    Many many prot paladins use this glyph. Considering that gear from ToC25/T9 only had one piece of gear with hit on it, prot paladins needed a way to ensure their taunts landed because most fights nowadays require taunting regularly.

Him using that glyph is not an issue, but the other things you pointed out should certainly raise an eyebrow.

Parry/stam=bad
    5/5 T9=bad
    No MH enchant=bad
    Failed to max mining for an extra 800 hp=bad
    16 Expertise gem in helm=ZOMGAWFUL

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

you wont be able to tank festergut with that gear after 3 inhales

/end discussion

Ok so :
    Helmet : go for agility/stamina (or dodge/stamina, but agility gives you that slight bit of armor that's not bad) - +15 stam
    Shoulders : go for 30 stam / resil enchant (10k honor) -> +30 stam
    Chest : go for +275hp and +30stam gem -> +20 stam, +275 hp
    (Weapon : chain for +hit)
    Shield : go for +18 stam (BC enchant) if you can keep the cap -> +18 stam
    Gloves : go for 18 stamina -> +18 stam
    Legs : 30 stam gem -> +6 stam
    Trinket : replace the dodge one with the 111stam from H AN -> + 111 stam
    Level up mining and blacksmithing -> +120 stam

Total : +338 stamina (about 3.8k HP considering talents). If I'm correct, you are sitting around 33k5 when specced prot (ret on the armory), that should lift you up to 37k Hp. And that is without changing gear except 1 trinket.

PS : This is if you make ALL changes. You might want to keep the defense/dodge enchant on shoulders, or threat on gloves. But with your current gear + 1 trinket, you CAN go up to 37k. Unbuffed. That is more than OK for ICC 10.

PS n°2 : As a side note, glyph of spiritual thing (+ x% mana when healed) will never be useful in a raid (except if you pull a single trash mob while being oom, but then again, i'll assume you're not so stupid). I can only advice you to take the glyph of seal of vengeance/corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account

level your profession and enchant your stuff..
    gemming for expertise, really?
    no comments on the spec

Dude my guild bearly lets me go with my gear lol (current is H Aviodance gear). With my 2stam trinks i have around 38k UB so yea max your proffs as a main priority and try to get afew more upgrades from ToC10/25
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

go naxx 25 and get the shield from patchwerk then i should say you are good enough to go to icc 10 maybe not 25 but icc10

my pally has 38k hp ub with sanc has 40k its easy to do replace black heart with juggo vitality in 25 toc. then ya be set.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

so yes, its plane wrong.
    Actually, no it's not. While Divinity is a poor talent for tanking, he still has all the meat and potatoes of a proper tanking build. His choice of going into Seals of the Pure, while not terribly common, is a valid TPS choice. If he moved a few of his points over from Prot into Ret combined with SotP, he'd actually see a fairly decent threat build at the sacrifice of a few helpful talents such as Pursuit of Justice.

There's a post on Maintankadin with some information on the differences between certain slight variations in talents and how they affect TPS. While the numbers presented there may not reflect 100% on this guy, if he doesn't lose aggro (or threat cap his DPS) because of his talent choices... technically there's not as much of an issue. But it is good to consider that Crusade is very, very useful in Icecrown, since unlike Ulduar, there are no mechanicals or giants.

EDIT:

Woops, hit reply a bit too early...

He should consider changing the SA glyph to the SoV glyph though.

As for whether he can truly handle it? I think I started tanking ICC10 on my alt pally with maybe around 36k unbuffed. You could probably tank it fine, but I would definitely make sure you're not being stingy on your flasks and as long as you're off-tank, you should be alright.

I have 2 prot pallies. My main tanks ICC 25 man, but has 41K ub (50+ buffed) and never have tank issues (the warrior tanks have 50+K buffed)

I have been gearing an alt for 10 man runs and was wondering the same. I only have 34K ub, and we clear ToC 10 easily (No surprise), but the damn anub shield won't drop, so I am sitting with the COS one still.

I figured that 34K UB would be ok for the first few bosses, and hopefully tank gear would drop. This Friday we are doing a gear check after the ToC run which takes 45 minutes now. Most of the raiders are on alts, so we are at various gear levels.

If we can one-shot ToC, shouldn't we be able to at least down the first 3 bosses? We all run our mains in 10 man and 25 man and oneshot the first 3 bosses in 25 man (still issues with Suarfang), and 1 shot the wing in 10 man.
    "Peace is a lie"