Gotta admit that I'm pretty much a dick whenever I do my daily random.

I have 5 x 80s (2 healers, 2 tanks, 1 dps) and for some reason, I find it more interesting to just join a random than do it with my guildmates. I don't whine about gearscore, I think playing with less geared players is a "fun challenge". I've helped my share of "new to 80s" - no, seriously, I've spent prolly about 4-5 hours over the last 3-4 months explaining to freshly dinged Blood DKs spamming Obliterate/Heart Strike without Diseases about the various specs/rotations.

But...... people doing encounters badly, i.e. not stopping DPS at soul link @ Devourer of Souls, running away @ Ick, etc. or going AFK... they get to see the worst of me.

Quick example. Playing my resto shaman in Pit of Saron... a ret paladin that didn't reset his stacks at Garfrost HC. Party DPS wasn't great, and he had a lot of stacks when he died. This made me feel like a bad healer... so I decided not to heal him for the entire rest of the instance! This was an awesome idea, especially since I decided not to res him either. After the 4th death (Garfrost, Ick, post Ick trash pack 1, trash pack 3), he stopped trying to pull aggro. This was a learning experience for this paladin, i.e. your healer is not a safety net, he absolutely hates you.

Playing my priest, I had a paladin tank not pick up a geist patrol in Utgarde Keep so I spent 15-20s tanking them whilst he melee'd some undead miner ghouls (had already faded), before running OOM and dying. So next 2 packs (they just don't bloody die), I just didn't heal the tank until he died. When the predictable "OMG healer" came, I ofc replied "sorry, I didn't notice you were being hit, I must be an idiot or something".

So 1-1 on deaths. But I'm not the sort of person that likes a score draw. To win this PUG, I had to think quite a lot. The question was: "What percentage would I have to stop healing the tank at during Ingvar the Plunderer so he can die seconds before the boss does".

This was quite a hard question to answer since it depended on several factors.

1) Party DPS
2) Ingvar's dmg output
3) The paladin's rate of losing HP (linked to #2, but you have to remember that paladins have Ardent Defender)
4) Ingvar's HP (linked to #1, but a factor too).

I decided that the DPS DK would easily be able to tank Ingvar's last few percent, so decided not to heal him for the entire period of Phase 2 (when Ingvar's ressed). Sadly, the tank was barely at 30% when it ended. A disappointing result.