Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More advanced dps pve warrior tips

So instead having a "help me i am a newb topic" lets have one topic where we want a compilation of more "advanced" warrior tips, I will update this post if ppl post smthing, ill Start .

1) use rend if you have BT + WW off cooldown and no slam procs

2) Use ArP food / str instead fish feast

3) Pop a indestructible potion before pull, then a haste potion with heroism or with deatwish if you use heroism at start.

Re: More advanced fury pve warrior tips

4) Retaliation on Bonestorm

5) Dont spam HS, follow the
    >40r dont use HS
    <50r use HS
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg
    1) use rend if you have BT + WW off cooldown and no slam procs
    No use rend if they are on cooldown and you have enough time not to waste a GCD.

Pre potting - Its possible for a warrior to pre pot twice before any pull, If you know the timer b4 a pull is being made you will need 1 min so timers on like LK and Surfang are good for this, pre pot a Indestructible pot 1 min 2 seconds b4 pull, the 2 seconds before pull pop a 15 second burst potion that way you get increased AP and aste right off the pull which will leave you with another burst potion during the fight, so yeah it requires more pots but if you wanna push your dps its well worth it.

If you have a feral druid in your raids drop rampage, its a pointless having it if you have a feral and heroic fury would be a good talent instead. but depends on your raid comp.

Fishleg said use ArP food, well i wouldnt bother, using STR food or Fish feasts will probably grant you more dps, as your probably most likely going to be ArP capped if your raiding high end ICC 25 mans. IF not and your a little away from the cap i suppose ArP food wount hurt but i guess its down to personal preference.

On a pre pull to max bust with the above pre potting system, pop recklessness and deathwish b4 pull so your GCD's are free, open up with a HS and BT once hit use WW this will grant your 4 crits instead of 3 from recklessness and will certainly top you up to at least 15-20k initial dps which wis a good start for you self.

If you loose your rotation as a fury warrior you will loose dps, however dont panic hit anything until you can resume your normal rotation as if you panic and do nothing that will lower your dps even more.

Do not just spam all your abilities, while you may think your getting more dps out by doing it your not, spend time on a target dummy and practice your rotation, the biggest gain to any fury warrior dps is making sure there fingers know there rotation without thinking about it.

Lastly Hit rating is under-rated by alot of warriors, dont be afraid to go over the soft hit cap of 164 this will benifit you loads on your white swings. dont gimp other stats for it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthak
    4) Retaliation on Bonestorm
    !!

Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Fishleg said use ArP food, well i wouldnt bother, using STR food or Fish feasts will probably grant you more dps, as your probably most likely going to be ArP capped if your raiding high end ICC 25 mans. IF not and your a little away from the cap i suppose ArP food wount hurt but i guess its down to personal preference.
    ArP food is cheaper and easier to farm than STR food. Assuming you're using food every boss, just use two ArP gems for something else (most likely STR, although you can match some yellows for STR/Crit if you haven't done so already) and you end up spending less gold.

Do not just spam all your abilities, while you may think your getting more dps out by doing it your not, spend time on a target dummy and practice your rotation, the biggest gain to any fury warrior dps is making sure there fingers know there rotation without thinking about it.
    Not really sure what you mean by this, but you gain DPS as a Fury Warrior by using an attack even if it pushes back your BT/WW rotation. Don't let those GCDs sit idle; if you can Bloodsurge Slam and BT is up in 1s or .5s then use it even if it's going interfere with your normal BTs/WWs.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    ArP food is cheaper and easier to farm than STR food. Assuming you're using food every boss, just use two ArP gems for something else (most likely STR, although you can match some yellows for STR/Crit if you haven't done so already) and you end up spending less gold.

Not really sure what you mean by this, but you gain DPS as a Fury Warrior by using an attack even if it pushes back your BT/WW rotation. Don't let those GCDs sit idle; if you can Bloodsurge Slam and BT is up in 1s or .5s then use it even if it's going interfere with your normal BTs/WWs.
    Well i'm currently doing fairly average for a fury warrior. I agree the rotation is a big part in the fight, but so is if you crit and can keep deep wounds rolling. This week managed 12.7K dps on fester so not too shabby, although I could still improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    Well i'm currently doing fairly average for a fury warrior. I agree the rotation is a big part in the fight, but so is if you crit and can keep deep wounds rolling. This week managed 12.7K dps on fester so not too shabby, although I could still improve.
    That's not how Deep Wounds works. Say you crit once, and it produces a Deep Wounds stack of 600 damage.

Crit
    1s Later: 100 Damage

Then you crit again. It refreshes the duration of Deep Wounds and adds the damage of your new Deep Wounds stack (600) to however much damage the previous stack had left when you crit again (in this case, 300).

Crit
    1s Later: 150 Damage

Then you crit again. It takes the new stack (600) plus the previous stack (750) and generates a new Deep Wounds stack that has a total of 1350 damage on it.

Crit
    1s Later: 225 Damage

"Keeping Deep Wounds rolling" is a complete misnomer; the only time you ever 'lose' Deep Wounds damage is however much is left on the target when it dies. It's effectively a bonus X damage whenever you generate a crit, in this example 600.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deep_Wounds

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides
    5) Dont spam HS, follow the

> x < 40r dont use HS

< x > 50r use HS
    fixd

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

macro bladestorm and heroic strike together

I know this is ment for fury, but u cant rly have skill as a fury warrior

If we're heading into arms territory, Heartseeker scope if you've got a gun/bow as ranged for some extra crit on Tclap.
    (Also works for prot; tclap and shockwave)

Should have named the topic about any PvE dps spec.

Didnt know the stuff with bonestorm, coolstuff.

Re: More advanced dps pve warrior tips

BT>WW>Slam/Open Space>BT>Slam/Heroic Throw>Open Space.... Rinse and repeat. Only use Deathwise and Recklessness as the last part of your rotation so you should get a HS BT and WW crit right in.

With a decent amount of gear, i dont say mine is really good gear but its ok to clear most of ICC25...
    I personally get about 12k on most fights, and was pushing 16k on Festergut

Great ideas guys, gogo op edit yout post.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

I heared that if you have a bloodsurge procc up and ww is off cd that you should first use bloodsurge procc because ww gives a greater change on another bloodsurge procc. This is especially good if you have t10 4set bonus.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps
    Lastly Hit rating is under-rated by alot of warriors, dont be afraid to go over the soft hit cap of 164 this will benifit you loads on your white swings. dont gimp other stats for it tho.
    As this is advanced tips, I'm going to assume that the target audience is likely raiding at the level of 25-man ICC.

In that case, the current gear level support heroic strike or cleave on every main hand swing. This being the case, all of those mainhand swings are hit-capped at 8% hit.

Thus, any hit rating that exceeds this applies to OFFHAND WHITE ATTACKS ONLY.

So, no, it will not benefit you loads.

Other stuff:

Many of our trinkets have a proc ability that greatly boosts dps. On fights where you might pop cooldowns or have heroism/bloodlust called, say, 10 seconds in, or 30 seconds in, you can effectively delay the initial proc of your trinket to match that.

This works because said trinkets typically have a 45s internal cooldown, that is reset to counting 45 seconds whenever the item is equipped. So, if you want your trinket to proc 30s into the fight, just switch your 2 trinkets with each other 15s before the fight.

This is admittedly of limited use in ICC, but was very handy on Anub'Arak for lining up procs with the adds spawning, for some juicy cleaves.

WW doesnt effect your Slam procs, only BT and HS

Quote Originally Posted by Garthok
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46915

Bloodsurge Rank 3

Your Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst, and Whirlwind hits have a 20% chance of making your next Slam instant for 5 sec.

With a decent amount of gear, i dont say mine is really good gear but its ok to clear most of ICC25...
    I personally get about 12k on most fights, and was pushing 16k on Festergut
    No need to get your jacket, I already brought it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turre
    No need to get your jacket, I already brought it for you.
    ^ ^ win

Balls Deep!!