Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    AP = 2 EP
    AP = 1 EP always. You just get 2x as much AP per gem.

well this article certainly answered one of my questions... but i still have another

a guildy of mine is specced into Opportunity instead of 2/5 Relentless Strikes

so my question is... is there any point at any gear level where the 20% mutilate damage increase will outweigh the ~32% chance of restoring 25 energy?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    At no point I've ever found or read about does 2/2 opportunity every outscale 2/5 relentless strikes.

Great read and good work. Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks Annoying!

You said that all envenoms should be 4+ points with certain exceptions. What are they?? I was thinking trying to preserve envenom uptime by throwing up a 3 pointer every once in a while. Is that the case?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    The exceptions are when your SnD is dropping, a mob is going to die with CP on it, or if you're switching off of a target. 3cp envenoms won't preserve uptime. The uptime/point of envenom at 4 or 5 points is roughly the same, but the uptime/point at 3 points is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    At no point I've ever found or read about does 2/2 opportunity every outscale 2/5 relentless strikes.
    weird... i just ran my friends rogue through rawr and it is saying that 2/2 opportunity gives her almost 400 more dps than 2/5 relentless strikes

EDIT: is it maybe because rawr does a 5cp envenom every time (thus using more mutilates)?
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2010-08-13 at 08:07 AM.
    ^win

Rawr for rogues is not very accurate, nor would it make sense for the dps difference to be this large ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Rawr for rogues is not very accurate, nor would it make sense for the dps difference to be this large ever.
    Exactly...don't rely on Rawr, use the Spreadsheet instead. It's much more accurate and as easy to use if you spend some time to understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    Exactly...don't rely on Rawr, use the Spreadsheet instead. It's much more accurate and as easy to use if you spend some time to understand how it works.
    i would use a spreadsheet if i could find a program that is free and works on windows 7 i cant seem to find anything
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    i would use a spreadsheet if i could find a program that is free and works on windows 7 i cant seem to find anything
    http://www.openoffice.org/ works fine for me

Aldriana's is suggesting me to go double Lungbreaker (277) Is this correct or a bug? I've never seen anyone using those. I'm using 277 Rib Spreader MH 277 Lungbreaker OH atm

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty normal for it to recommend double Lungbreaker. The Rib Spreader should be very very close dps-wise, so getting another lungbreaker shouldn't be that big of an upgrade.

I was wondering

With 4 set say i envenom then i get a x4 right atfer i envenom should i wait for envenom buff to go away or just use envenom right away

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can wait without capping on energy, wait. Don't let your energy cap out ever, but pooling for envenom uptime is a good thing.

If you can wait without capping on energy, wait. Don't let your energy cap out ever, but pooling for envenom uptime is a good thing.
    Ah cool thanks man

That's pretty normal for it to recommend double Lungbreaker. The Rib Spreader should be very very close dps-wise, so getting another lungbreaker shouldn't be that big of an upgrade.
    Yeah it was a 25 dps upgrade. Well thanks, I'm the only mutilate rogue anyway so I'll get a second one and just give it a try

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Un-broken! Shazam.

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided to spec muti yesterday. Threw my talents together, grabbed glyphs and then popped this thread open to see that the recommended spec is, point for point, exactly what I specced. I don't raid, so I got glyph of FoK, but the two suggested glyphs are what I put in, too. Guess I'm not so far removed from my rogue as I first thought.

Couple of questions: Is it better to CB Evis or CB Muti in a 5-man situation? Also, would I be better off opening with Garotte to be able to immediately proc HfB, and give my Deadly a chance to be applied for a better initial muti, or should I just open with, say, an Ambush or a Muti on instance bosses?
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I decided to spec muti yesterday. Threw my talents together, grabbed glyphs and then popped this thread open to see that the recommended spec is, point for point, exactly what I specced. I don't raid, so I got glyph of FoK, but the two suggested glyphs are what I put in, too. Guess I'm not so far removed from my rogue as I first thought.

Couple of questions: Is it better to CB Evis or CB Muti in a 5-man situation? Also, would I be better off opening with Garotte to be able to immediately proc HfB, and give my Deadly a chance to be applied for a better initial muti, or should I just open with, say, an Ambush or a Muti on instance bosses?
    Never use CB on Muti, always use it on envenom. I open with a mutilate if I'm 100% sure I can use hfb at the start otherwise I garrote. I raid with 2 feral druids and a fury warrior so there's pretty much always a bleed up right away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, I currently have it macroed to Envenom, and figured that was best. All tanks have a "bleed" effect that goes up, but I'll have to play around to see how quickly on average it goes up. Chances are it is best to just open with a mutilate and then HfB, even in a five man setting.
    For the Alliance!