Page 1 of 2
LastLast

why is dark jade so expensive?

some of the similar gems sell for under 1g on my server but dark jade sells for 10-14g. Why is this?

Re: why is dark jade so expensive?

supply and demand?

15+ Year Old Account

Something to do with Icy Prisms I think. Yesterday my GM asked us to scrape together Dark Jades and the other mats if we could.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    some of the similar gems sell for under 1g on my server but dark jade sells for 10-14g. Why is this?
    Jewelcrafting: Icy Prism
    Transmute: Earthsiege Diamond, arguably the most popular metagem base ingredient (skyflares are only better for caster dps)
    2 Jewelcrafting Dailies
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

funny. on my server it is chalcedony, the expensive one.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmotron
    Recently the prices for Chalcedony gone up to 20g/each aswell

Stormscale has expensive Dark Jades and Chalcedony... around 10g per

Yet the Purple one is like 15g for 20... still nice when a Prism pops out an epic to help balance out those costs

Same on mine - think it's because of the Damaged Necklace and ofc Icy Prism

Shadow Crystals are the ones that end up costing me the most if I have to buy them... Dark Jade and Chalcedony are less expensive, but still more than Bloodstones, Sun Crystals, and Huge Citrines.

Yeah same on my server.

15+ Year Old Account

Since Frozen orbs are even more common than before, the prices for Dark Jade and Chalcedony have skyrocketed...both are around 15-20g a piece, kinda annoying considering the fact that I have around 40-60 of every other coulour in my bank.

10+ Year Old Account

Dark jade go for 1-2g each on our server.. all green gem does.. except for chalcedony.. which go for 20g a piece.. (yeah, really)

You could go take advantage of it
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I get a LOT more dark jade, chalcedony and shadow gems from prospecting cobalt. The tables are reversed with saronite... lots of sun crystal, bloodstone and huge citrine.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Well it is because it is a mat needed to transmute Earthseige Diamond. Along with Huge Citrine and Eternal Fire. I always save money by buying an Eternal Water and getting it transmuted (they are like 5g on my server Fire on the other hand is almost 50g sometimes. When you get Earthseige Diamond cut it can sell for about 50g on AH
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Something to do with Icy Prisms I think. Yesterday my GM asked us to scrape together Dark Jades and the other mats if we could.
    Most of the green WoTLK gems got a boost in prices and blues are the market in which you can make enormous amounts of money. Epics dont sell often unless you sell on a wednesday (raid reset=new gear= new gems= epics) or on weekends. Blues keep selling for all the alts gearing with the LFD
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

Blues? =O On my server, those damn things sell for <10g, sometimes hitting their minimum AH sale price at 4.5g. -with Scarlet rubies at 15-25g.
    And green gems resting at less than 1g each... Apart from Dark jade at 10g and Chalcedony at 15g... Freaking lovely. Not had an epic gem or Dragon's Eye from an Icy prism in about a week and a half either. Economics work, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

simple answer, because people are asshats.

buy saronite ore, prospect it if you're a jc or have a jc friend do it. Then you'll have all the green gems that you'll ever want and usually saronite ore goes for 13g-16g a stack.

1. Supply and demand or
    2. some asswipe manipulating the prices (buying all off the AH and posting back on for much more)

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky
    I get a LOT more dark jade, chalcedony and shadow gems from prospecting cobalt. The tables are reversed with saronite... lots of sun crystal, bloodstone and huge citrine.
    That's just RNG imo. I sometimes get a bunch of chalcedony from saronite... Haven't tried cobalt in a while. Chalcedony sells for a lot on my server and Dark Jade has been spiking up lately.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely