Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: World 1st Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Adept - Dreadmaul

hey at least it's not bugged like in 10 man where the gate isn't even open.

Deleted

When can we expect the next wing to open?

And gz for the kill

congratulations on the kill you guys
    Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&cn=Salomo

Can anybody tell me the name of the addon on the bottom left corner of this video ? The one with the in-combat timer and the buttons that look like logging information or some type of data export.

Thanks

Name of the song is ?

If the boss is down the first day it is released its not worthy of a world first post, simply because it tells you nothing about them being the best if its truly that easy. Bosses that take days for anyone to down are normally downed by a highly skilled guild, and that is what makes it worthy of a post (and significantly more worthy if it takes weeks, such as HM Yogg, HM Anub, or Muru or something later in SWP).

Not to take anything away from killing him, but anyone who does 25 man clears (which is plenty of guilds) should be able to do this today NP

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get the point of worlds first boss kills considering different servers are opened at different times, some have extended downtimes , some guilds practice on the PTR for days before the release of the boss and the update usally finishes on tuesday or wensday morning when alot of people are at work or school and then theres the point that the USA servers open up like 24 hours before the EU ones.

all these varirables affect the world first title too much to be worthwhile.

For example A level students, GCSE students and uni students are taking exams this week and the past week meaning they cant miss an exam or a last class/ lecture just to kill a boss so that there guild gets world first.

the term world first is offensive to EU players because it is basically saying they have lost at somthing which they had no oppotunity to win, first usa kill is less offensive and wouldnt provoke as much hatred from eu players that would probally have killed the boss quicker if the servers all went up at the same time anyway.

Some guild also practice on the PTR for hours per day, i would be much more impressed if a guild that hadnt been on the ptr managed to kill the boss in the first week rather than a guild that has been practicing alot just to basically play a repeat performance on the launch day.

Its similar to someone having 100 driving lessons and bragging about passing the test on the first time to someone having no driving lessons and passing on the 3rd time.

As I see it, all of this arguing boils down to how many other guilds clear it this week. If every guild around also clears it within a couple hours, well yeah I guess it wasn't that impressive after all. If relatively few guilds clear it over the next few days, then this was arguably an impressive first. Either way, I was happy to be informed that someone did it so soon, so thanks for the post and grats Adept!

Blizzard has stated that they intended for the final bosses of each wing to be especially challenging, so to say that this guild has not accomplished something that is especially challenging is to say that Blizzard has failed at their goal for the encounter. So let's be careful who we blame.

When I looked around to find strats and see videos for this based on PTR fights, like at www.stratfu.com, I only saw vids of solid raiding guilds wiping - so I had the impression that it was not an easy fight. I'll definitely be watching www.guildox.com for the next couple days. Who knows, maybe (gasp) it actually is a hard fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    Krenus you seriously are very immature i am taking the topic seriously because it's basically just attention seeking , and trust me i dont take the game seriously i have never even stepped into an arena or raid instance i just find it insulting that you and similar people like you go "usa is better we killed faster than eu" even though eu has not had a chance to kill it. as i said i and multiple people wouldn't find it offensive if it was usa first kill then i and other people would happily say grz.
    Firstly, yes I am acting immature in this topic I apologize.
    However I must point out a few things.
    They might be attention seeking, HOWEVER, Putricide world first was put on the front page due to him being an end wing boss, this guild did not do it for blood princes, they announced the world first about a END WING BOSS, which blizz themselfs stated to be challenging, therefore i see it as appropiate posting of world first and not so much attention seeking.

You said i got "use better we killed faster", firstly i am not from USA and secondly, find a post where i said they were better and EU was shit or anything of the like? all i did was make fun of your post and say gz to the guild for the world first kill.

And Thirdly, if thats the case, People should be offended also if TW does not get a kill, cause dont they get it like 3 weeks after EU does? and was it not a guild from TW that got world first alone in the darkness? They should be included also, yet they are dismissed and by your logic all world first by EU that was done Before TW gets it, also is offensive and unfair.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    I don't get the point of worlds first boss kills considering different servers are opened at different times, some have extended downtimes
    It use to matter because it use to take at least days if not weeks to months for some to get world first, now (as is the rest of the game) its a joke but people still feel the need to boast about it.

Isn't Adept an Aussie guild? All the USA vs EU stuff in this thread is kind of funny if so. ;D

Only people who take the game too seriously have a problem with others getting e-points before them.

Furthermore, if you do take it so seriously that you whine and cry about it on these forums, perhaps you should take a break from the game and try some things outside and get some world firsts for yourself.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless
    Isn't Adept an Aussie guild? All the USA vs EU stuff in this thread is kind of funny if so. ;D
    There is no secret that Aussies are better than EU and US.

Connection Issues, constant 300 ping and a smaller player base yet were never too far behind on cutting edge content.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb-X
    Congrats on the world first.

I can't believe there are so many people complaining. It's no their fault that they're on a realm that opens earlier than yours, and they're in a time zone that allows them the free time to play. I was sleeping when they did this, I'm not going to be a jerk and say "This wasn't a real world first because I was sleeping so couldn't do it".

Congrats again.
    They are on an Oceanic server. Oceanic servers are mostly Australian players or South East Asian players/Perth players with +8GMT, meaning that their server comes up when it is 3am/6am their time. So, yes, they had to have told all their raiders to skip school/work to do this and wake up early, which is a bit extreme just to be able to post on MMO and stroke their epeen.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

7 Lord Marrowgar kills (Icecrown 25 player). 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
    7 Lady Deathwhisper kills (Icecrown 25 player). 4 hours, 6 minutes ago 7mins combined to clear all trash,and kill boss
    7 Gunship Battle victories (Icecrown 25 player). 3 hours, 57 minutes ago 9mins w/ trash combined
    7 Deathbringer kills (Icecrown 25 player). 3 hours, 52 minutes ago 5mins
    1 Blood Prince Council kills (Icecrown 25 player). 3 hours, 35 minutes ago 18mins for new boss +trash leading to them
    1 Blood Queen Lana'thel kills (Icecrown 25 player). 3 hours, 3 minutes ago 32mins

some pretty good splits in there,they were hauling ass

Quote Originally Posted by Power20
    Why was this topic made then?
    Mostly to make you angry tbh.

Seriously - we* killed the boss, and nobody else had yet, so we posted. Now people know its killable - I don't see anyone in this thread claiming its super-difficult. We held off on Putricide because we believed the encounter to be bugged, and we didn't want to waste attempts. This time we didn't need to do that - and got the first kill.

As people have said, Heroic mode(s) will be the real test. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the #1 ranking (until wowprogress changes their system yet again...)

*I say 'we' advisedly - I didn't get up early with the other guys, because I had to go to work. Boss was dead before I would've had to leave though, so I wish I had!

I'm happy to see an aussie guild get world first, maybe you all want to spark a EU vs US war. if a EU guild downs lanathel in approx 1and a half hours after server comes up they can claim world first otherwise zip the lip and look forward to your own attempts

Btw Guys, Congratz on the Kill! Well earned imo.

Lol@ all the haters, Clearly Bads.

<3 Nerius <Icraft Gamiing Network> ( Dont tell Ordos lolololol)

Woke up at 4:30am
    Start raid at 5:20am when servers came up
    Finish raid at 6:30am
    Go to work at 7:30am
    Fell asleep at work @ 9am

OCEANIC REPRESENT MFER, Grats Adept :>