Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Seal of Command vs Seal of Vengeance for protection paladins

I topped out at 9k last night on trash in ICC. WAS FRIGGIN EPIC. My guildies were wondering wtf was going on. I was blowin shits up. It was alot of fun, I'm stoked I respec'd for this.

Seal of Command is the quintesential pally seal. I know its not the best all the time anymore, but it has a nostalgia to it. I like that its useful once again, for both prot and ret.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Seal of Corruption/Vengeance is better in my opinion because for trash because of hammer and tab targetting and bosses for movement and aggro drops

ive tried using both on my paladin, saddly i have no physical data ive got exp showing that use of either one can surfice, esp if u know how to seal swap
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

i switched to SoC tanking bout 3 weeks ago love it in heroics my dps jumped up about 800, threats never been a worry with either soc or sov up so didnt make much of a diff for me there.

i still run with the standard sov for most boss fights.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    Ah you think we do?
    More burst aoe threat vs a tiny tiny tiny amount of sustained threat?

10+ Year Old Account

Hammer of the Righteous is a multi-target attack attack, but it procs the SoC chain because instead of hitting all 3 targets at once, it bounces off of each one individually. It'll hit your primary target, then jump to a second, then to a third an then (if glyphed) a fourth. therefore the hammer bounces are still considered a single target attack by seal mechanics.

TL;DR: HotR bounces in the same way Avengers Shield does on multiple targets, and each bounce is considered a single-target attack.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

SoV all the way, with HotR spreading it and command scaling with weapon speed using it for tanking is not worth it : /

Quote Originally Posted by Mdaz
    SoV all the way, with HotR spreading it and command scaling with weapon speed using it for tanking is not worth it : /
    SoV scales with weapon speed too :