Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So what mechanic do you want added to the Lich King encounter?

Besides the ones already stated, what would you like?

I would like to see a Oculus 2nd boss mechanic added, where he spawns the dragons to shoot beams, but do something like that with frost wyrms, or make Sindragosa not fully dead, and she comes back to aid the Lich King and then dies finally.

Edit: I would also like to see the 3 main wing bosses give him a buff, and you have to kill their very weak shade forms.
    http://theeminent.guildzilla.com/
    Come visit us on the Eminent - Lothar homepage!

Re: So what mechanic do you want added to the Lich King encounter?

Aoe that mind controls you if you get hit.

Doomfire that spawns more doomfire.

Adds that spawn on a timer and can't be killed.

Cure of boundless agony.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Aoe that mind controls you if you get hit.

Doomfire that spawns more doomfire.

Adds that spawn on a timer and can't be killed.

Cure of boundless agony.
    this is 3.3 not 3.1 =p
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I think the Hopelessness mechanic that Falric does in HoR would make an amazing boss ability, especially if they took it a bit further and you did for example, 99% less damage and 99% less healing on the last 1% of the Lich King's health, since first kills where the 1% seems to last forever are always great.

10+ Year Old Account

Decimate every 10 seconds.

Thaddius's polarity mechanic exept more polarities (He's the Lich King, he can screw the rules if he wants) and insta-death if you stuff up.

Be able to summon an undead Wilfred Fizzlebang who turns on the Lich King and helps you fight him by summoning demons but he accidentally summons Sargeras who just casts Rain of Chaos which summons an infernal every second that has 400k hp and an immolate aura that deals 9001 fire damage to each raid member each second. Then after 20 seconds the infernal explodes dealing 1000000 damage every 0 seconds for 1 seconds to each raid member. Once the raid is dead the Lich King raises you, your character is deleted and one ghoul in the Icecrown zone will gain your lost character's name.

Or just take Bronjham and give him the Lich King's model.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account

Any mechanic that makes him unkillable to pugs. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

what are you guys doing here besides dreaming?

The lich king will be live in 2 weeks, the encounter is ready, kinda set in stone.
    No matter what or how hard you wish, NOTHING will get added to this fight...

So what is this thread about? Impossible possibilities? Something like asking yourself on a rainy winters day, what to do, assuming there is no rain???

sry to be so honest but this is really BIG bullshit
    Like a famous german authior once said: "If you cant change it, dont get angry over it and stop discussing it, it´s just wasted ressources.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    I think the Hopelessness mechanic that Falric does in HoR would make an amazing boss ability, especially if they took it a bit further and you did for example, 99% less damage and 99% less healing on the last 1% of the Lich King's health, since first kills where the 1% seems to last forever are always great.
    This could make an amazing soft enrage if it was tuned a bit differently. Maybe it could reduce damage and healing by 1% per stack, and gain a stack every few seconds or something.

1. Massive amounts of minions.
    2. Randomly killing raid members draining there soul either making them his minions or having him grow in power from the soul
    3. A few npcs aiding the raid more like Illidan but with the importance of yogg npcs.
    4. Lots of tank switching and phasing maybe even more then 2 phases like 4 or 5

A phase where dps and heal are reversed. You have to heal raid members with dps and dps boss with heal spell. normal > reversed > normal > reversed switch every 30 seconds with a perma damage on the whole raid, like a necrotic aura or something like that.
    ---

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    I really like this.

Lich King at 100%, you do 100% standard healing/dps.
    Lich King at 75%, you do 75% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 50%, you do 50% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 25%, you do 25% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 1%, you do 1% healing/dps.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    sry to be so honest but this is really BIG bullshit
    Like a famous german authior once said: "If you cant change it, dont get angry over it and stop discussing it, it´s just wasted ressources.
    Nothing you do will stop people from posting in a thread like this tho, so u should take your own advice

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    I really like this.

Awesome.
    Unfortuantly that would end in a never ending boss fight. Zeno kinda proved that in his paradoxes. It would end in a never ending downscaling of all %, making it impossible to kill the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Volirus
    Unfortuantly that would end in a never ending boss fight. Zeno kinda proved that in his paradoxes. It would end in a never ending downscaling of all %, making it impossible to kill the LK.
    DKs can anti magic shell out of that debuff. Not that that would make this particular version of the debuff a good idea.

this would only be the case if it scaled with sub zero percantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ
    Why, in Europe you can't even walk to the corner store without accidentally putting your penis in a supermodel.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortuantly that would end in a never ending boss fight, making it impossible to kill the LK.
    How so? Your debuff is based on the Lich King's current health. You'll never reach 0% healing/dps as that would mean the death of the Lich King.

DKs can anti magic shell out of that debuff. Not that that would make this particular version of the debuff a good idea.
    It's the Lich King's aura, no way to escape this debuff. Sartharion + drakes kind of aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    It's the Lich King's aura, no way to escape this debuff. Sartharion + drakes kind of aura.
    It worked well enough in halls of reflection.

Deleted

Over 9000 waves of flame.. frost breathing frostwyrms and epic cleave.

I just want the lich king to do a "IMA CHARGIN MA LAZAAAA" move then i move in and go " NOU" And use mind freeze on him he then cries and his tears freeze up and tirion takes his frozen tears and stabs his eyes out screaming "LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW KTHNXBAI" ...And thats how it ends

Quote Originally Posted by Xikem
    I just want the lich king to do a "IMA CHARGIN MA LAZAAAA" move then i move in and go " NOU" And use mind freeze on him he then cries and his tears freeze up and tirion takes his frozen tears and stabs his eyes out screaming "LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW KTHNXBAI" ...And thats how it ends
    Thanks for reminding us all that children play this game.

Another drake fight please, I love them so much!