Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: So what mechanic do you want added to the Lich King encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    Thanks for reminding us all that children play this game.
    I find it funny how people cant seem to tell when someone is joking. Note there sir that not everyone has a chip on their shoulder as you do some people CAN take a joke.
    And you know what, i find grouping with kids enjoyable sometimes. Its a lot fresher than being with some asshole who takes this game waaaay too seriously and nerdrages at the smallest things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xikem
    I find it funny how people cant seem to tell when someone is joking. Note there sir that not everyone has a chip on their shoulder as you do some people CAN take a joke.
    "IMA CHARGIN MA LAZAAAA"
    "NOU"
    "LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW KTHNXBAI"
    So you think this is humorous? Speaking like this makes you laugh? Who is your target audience talking like this, other children? Seriously lets move the community forward, not back.

So you think this is humorous? Speaking like this makes you laugh? Who is your target audience talking like this, other children? Seriously lets move the community forward, not back.
    I see so in your defense everyone is like you then eh? Honestly half the things i see here are like my joke so if you personally attack each one of them then i suggest you find something else to do with your time. Who's worse? Someone making an inocent joke or soneone attacking them. If you really are the bigger man then why not dispell my comment as idiotic andd ignore it than to make it your personal mission to attack me?

Personal mission? I spent 5 minutes telling you that you're acting childish and stupid whether or not you feel that way is up to you. I actually eventually quit the game because more and more people began to act just like you. I'm 24 years old, that's far too old to be saying the things I've highlighted, if you're a day over 18 I hope you feel embarrassed and ashamed.

I see so in your defense everyone is like you then eh? Honestly half the things i see here are like my joke so if you personally attack each one of them then i suggest you find something else to do with your time. Who's worse? Someone making an inocent joke or soneone attacking them. If you really are the bigger man then why not dispell my comment as idiotic andd ignore it than to make it your personal mission to attack me?
    He's right. Your joke was terrible. Accept it and move on.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted

Thanks for reminding us all that children play this game.
    thank you for reminding us that there are still asses that have avoidet getting banned

Hopefully he drops an old school wf totem for us. Wishful thinking.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I would say a mechanic that checks to see if the raid leader is currently using Gearscore. If so, the Lich King automatically 1-shots the entire raid.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Well how about this: Arthas isn't a moron who beats on tanks when there are squishes all around.

So, Arthas decides that he'll go for weaker+closer (so not the closes tank, but closest non-tank) players first, taunts would still work on a 3 second timer or so.
    Everyone goes into kiting mode, if he turns to a melee (which obviously are close), tanks gotta taunt or someone gotta bubble him. Lets say it takes a single hit from Arthas to kill a player (or maybe 2 hits for slackers), but he first has to 'gaze' him for 2 seconds, and he also has to be in melee range, but he runs same way that Anub does (same speed increase).

There also have to be adds, which are tankable - because they are dumb, they don't hit hard and die fast, but they mean you can't just have someone run way out of range of heals.

The room would need to have ways of kiting the boss, yet there should be some places where you can get out of LOS of healers, so you gotta be smart.

I'd really like it if bosses weren't that dumb to only attack the two guys in raids with most HP + armor.

If i had an ida of how the fight would turn out ..well here it goes.

Tanks start off taunting him and keeping aggro while we have an NPC (tirion,darion, etc.)help us out and have some aura that soaks up some of hia damage ( atleast its better than having them tank and lets face it, we may have come far but we cant take on the lich king as our usual tank and spank). We get lots of mobs like fallen champions and such which OT picks up and dps take them out, and other fun mechanics. At around 75% or so he does his whole "enough i have toyed with you long enough" speech and he sucks us up in frostmourne. From there i guess we take on the spirit of frostmourne or so. Fighting off waves of souls and such while the npc's continue the fight against the lich king. Once we take out the spirit, it escapes into artha. And we battle him again on the frozen throne. At around 5% the spirit is destroyed and we finish off arthas.
    Thats just my guess. Of course it could be better, but i just thought this up now

10+ Year Old Account

Off-topic but... sulfuric I keep reading your posts in the voice of David Mitchell. It makes things much better.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

Extinguish All Life

cast 5 seconds into the encounter as an enrage timer, and he has 100k hp. 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

anything they can throw in.
    a giant cluster f*** that makes the fight hell.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

I hope he gets killed then does a whole speech and shit and while everybody is already taking screenshots and whispering others posting on forums and whatever the fuck not: He gets up and you get to repeat the fight but way harder than before.

Oh the epic lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    Extinguish All Life

cast 5 seconds into the encounter as an enrage timer, and he has 100k hp. 8)
    Because 20k raid DPS is hard

Fear, Doomfire, cleave, void zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Spitfire Totem.

AoE Mind Control like Felmyst

Conflagration. He should do this every 10 seconds, effectively keeping at least one party member CC'ed the whole fight.

Eye beam. It can say "Arthas takes a deep look!" just to be funny.

Wing Buffet, cause knock backs are fun.

AoE fear like onxyia does, except without a cast time.

Parasite like from Illidan and a transition to a form where a warlock has to tank him.

Supression traps that need to be disarmed during the fight.

Fire that puts a 10 minute damage debuff on you and if someone dies Arthas gets a soul charge.

Void Zones at least four every 20 seconds.

Adds should spawn, but they should have no aggro table.

An enrage timer and minimum of five soft enrages.

A 1 second cast, that if you don't interrupt the Tank gets disoriented. Think reliquary of souls.

Blue volcanoes, because people don't realize it's bad because it's not red.

Army of the dead come out of his eye beams overwhelming the add tanks.

A single phase halfway through the fight with vehicles because no one seems to be able to understand how they work so in time for the next phase half the raid will be dead.

Living Bomb.

And lastly a pathing bug so he runs behind the tank and one shots them.

Edit: Cleave too. How could I forget about cleave. Polarities would be nice here. Because someone always stands by the wrong polarity.

I want to see people get sucked into Frostmourne and have to free or fight the captured souls to bring them back to the other side to help with the fight. I already think Blizz is going to be having NPCs help out but the more the merrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    I really like this.

Lich King at 100%, you do 100% standard healing/dps.
    Lich King at 75%, you do 75% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 50%, you do 50% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 25%, you do 25% healing/dps.
    Lich King at 1%, you do 1% healing/dps.

Awesome.
    Nice thought, would really make it challenging to have arthas hitting as hard as he does and you only getting 1% healing. Nice idea, wish they could make a similar mechanic but another way it could be done is a stacking debuff on the tank called "Chill of the Grave" and every 10 seconds the tank loses 2% healing maybe? Maybe to a point were you would need tanks to swap.