Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When do you have to much haste as a disco priest?

Hey guys

Been playing disco now for about 6 months, and been stacking alot of haste as of late. im now at 570 (17,38 %).

my regen while casting is 397, my sp is 2624 and crit 32.89 %.

basiclly, i havent been haveing any problems healing any content up til now, and my problem occured at festergut, tank healing, i go oom before the enrage timer.

to save myself i had to pop a mana flask, potions, mana food and have atleast one other priest pop a hymn of hope during the fight. and i still barely manage the entire fight.

ive been a firm beliver of stacking haste and sp to become a more dynamic tank healer, but is it time to switch over to int and regen now instead? how much haste do i actually need, when say borrowed time is not up etc.

any helpfull tips would be apprciated

Re: When do you have to much haste as a disco priest?

Well, my regen while casting is 347 mp5 unbuffed. I dunno what your figure was, but I guess it is unbuffed which means your regen is higher than mine (though trinkets, enchants and other mana giving procs might differ).

The only time I have mana problems is if there is no one that gives Replenishment in the raid. That buff is cruicial for my mana regen and if it is missing I find myself getting low on mana now and then. I guess that is true for most discipline priests that focus on throughput.

But, you also have to remember that you aren't OOM until you have used your Shadowfiend and if you end a fight with a lot of mana you haven't done your job properly or you should replace regen with throughput since you obviously have more than enough mana. One tip is to use Shadowfiend and the Hymn at the same time maximising the mana return. Just let the others know you won't be healing for a couple of seconds, or wait until it is safer to do so.

But if you are getting low on mana while having Replenishment I guess you should try to get a little more int. How high is your INT? And about the haste question, I can't really answer that except haste = more throughput which is great if tank healing. Not so good if shield spamming. But since we, I guess, find ourselves doing a bit of each I say balance it with crit. Spellpower is still king.

Thanks for your answer mate.

No i dint have replenishment up those try's no. and no i didnt time the shadow fiend with hymn either, so good tips indeed.

this is my char

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ine&cn=Gangsta

nothing to special, but should be good enough. Mostly why i asked in the first place was that i was basiclly suprised that i couldnt last, but ill make sure we time the hymn with the shadowfiend, and bring someone who brings some replenishment

Your disco, your disco, your disco needs you!

Why the hell is it called disco anyway? There is not a even a hint of even a small 'o' in Discipline Priest... Not like I'd call my protection warrior "Proto-Warrior" >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos

Why the hell is it called disco anyway? There is not a even a hint of even a small 'o' in Discipline Priest... Not like I'd call my protection warrior "Proto-Warrior" >_>
    Proto-Warrior...Hmm...i kinda like it :P

and real...Real...disco priests can only be human males, since its all in the travolta dance

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodrat
    Thanks for your answer mate.
    Well, I think Blizzard balances around having Replenishment so not having it will gimp us badly. And you have both more regen than what I have and more int (53 more ~ 700 mana) so with Replenishment I can't see you having mana problems.

Now I understand it can happen (at least in 10-man) that there is no one to give Replenishment so keeping some mana regen gear for those situations might be good.

Blizzard absolutely balances around replenishment, that's why 5 specs bring it (Shadow Priests, Ret Pallies, Demo Locks, Survival Hunters, and Frost Mages). Using Festergut as an example, assuming you run close to the enrage timer and you have other basic buffs, you'll get roughly 18-19k mana from Replenishment alone which ought to more than make up for all that extra regen you had to scrounge together. Yes, having extra regen gear is always a good idea, but you should definitely talk to your raid leader to make sure someone has Replenishment. Fortunately, in a 10-man, you only need one person, so that shouldn't be too difficult to work out.

Not like I'd call my protection warrior "Proto-Warrior" >_>
    That sounds fucking bad-ass.

disco priest
    I love you

When you get off beat 'cause you're dancin' too fast? You lose the smooth factor that way.

For priests the hard cap for haste is 11%.

However you can stack haste up to 20% if you use GHeal alot, cause at 20%, without any procs, you can push your casting time to like 2 secs without any proc I think.

They are called disco so that one day one shall come to mmo-champion forums and label all protection warriors proto warriors. And the prophecy has been fulfilled.

Been playing disco now for about 6 months
    What, when did they release this new class?
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

When you're no longer able to dance in quadruple time.

Quote Originally Posted by Furcea
    For disc priests the softcap for haste is 11%.
    fixed

(actually 11.32075472% :d)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Blizzard absolutely balances around replenishment, that's why 5 specs bring it (Shadow Priests, Ret Pallies, Demo Locks, Survival Hunters, and Frost Mages). Using Festergut as an example, assuming you run close to the enrage timer and you have other basic buffs, you'll get roughly 18-19k mana from Replenishment alone which ought to more than make up for all that extra regen you had to scrounge together. Yes, having extra regen gear is always a good idea, but you should definitely talk to your raid leader to make sure someone has Replenishment. Fortunately, in a 10-man, you only need one person, so that shouldn't be too difficult to work out.
    It's actually Destro locks, not Demo. Demonology warlocks bring the Demonic Pact buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

The Disc 'soft cap' no longer matters. It was meaningful when it was hard to come by proper gear, but that is no longer an issue. You should never go beyond 1,012 haste rating. That's the GCD cap without BT.

The Plateaus are:
    154 - GCD cap with BT
    ~655 - Point at which BT-GH is always optimal HPS
    ~800 - Point at which non-BT GH surpasses FH
    1,012 - GCD cap without BT

655-800 should be a goal for all Disc Priests and when you pass around 500 you should add Divine Fury back to your build. The closer you get to 800 the more you should work in greater heal. As you approach 1,012 you should start considering switching to 53/18 GH builds if and only if you're a primary tank healer. Otherwise keep a Divine Fury 57/14 spec because you will still use Flash Heal to stabilize health. 53/18 maximizes sustainable throughput, 57/14 maximizes raid support.

The best way to do this is grab items with SP+haste+crit (i.e. no spirit). That way you gain haste without "sacrificing" crit.

10+ Year Old Account

Disco Priest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

DISCO DISCO HUH HUH
    DISCO DISCO HUH HUH