Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: When do you have to much haste as a disco priest?

Just realized hilarious title, fixing bad pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    Okay u cannot read,

I said
    By the time u cast GH u can have cast FH three times and at the end of that which hits for more and is more useful

So by the end of casting GH u can have 3 FH cast.. LEARN TO READ.

and for ur info. without raid buff i can cast FH at 1.04 so when i Bubble i get .92 for FH cast time. thats no raid buffs no nothing but a absorb shield. so before u go bashing and cussing, read the post clearly.....

It is your stated position that by the time you complete one greater heal, you could have completed 3 flash heals, which would be superior. There is no disc. talent that reduces the casting time of flash of light specifically, only talents that increase general spell haste.

Assume you don't have the GH talent, so your baseline casting time for GH is 3.00 seconds (before haste obviously). You are saying you have a 1.04 sec cast time on FH before you get the buff from casting a bubble. That means you have approximately 44.23% haste. At that level of haste, your GH would have a casting time of 2.08 seconds. That means you still can only cast 2 flash heals in the time you could cast 1 greater heal; this is a very obvious conclusion, drawn from the way haste functions.

He understood exactly what you were saying. You're simply wrong. If your position was not "I can cast 3 flash heals in the same time frame I could cast 1 greater heal", then you need to re-phrase your position.

For the record, if you do in fact have a cast time of 1.04 seconds on your FH, then when you cast a bubble (and gain 5% haste), the final cast time of your FH will be approximately 0.9905 seconds, so clearly you're making numbers up somewhere.

@Frisa: yes, replenishment affects shamans. It affects any class with mana (including hunters, at least for the time being), restoring 1% of your maximum mana every five seconds. In other words, replenisment gives you mp5 equal to (your maximum mana )/100

There is no O in Discipline. There is no O in Discipline when you say it aloud (dĭs'ə-plĭn). Call it an E sound if you want to not read, but I am not a disco priest and neither is anyone else in WoW unless you have that cool disco ball item thing.

And yes, replenishment can do a lot. Shaman have a lot of mana too but I easily beat my resto shaman friends in comparable gear levels (on MP alone that is). But for whatever caster you are, replenishment is huge for mana regen and you'll definitely notice the difference without it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    It is your stated position that by the time you complete one greater heal, you could have completed 3 flash heals, which would be superior. There is no disc. talent that reduces the casting time of flash of light specifically, only talents that increase general spell haste.

Assume you don't have the GH talent, so your baseline casting time for GH is 3.00 seconds (before haste obviously). You are saying you have a 1.04 sec cast time on FH before you get the buff from casting a bubble. That means you have approximately 44.23% haste. At that level of haste, your GH would have a casting time of 2.08 seconds. That means you still can only cast 2 flash heals in the time you could cast 1 greater heal; this is a very obvious conclusion, drawn from the way haste functions.

He understood exactly what you were saying. You're simply wrong. If your position was not "I can cast 3 flash heals in the same time frame I could cast 1 greater heal", then you need to re-phrase your position.

For the record, if you do in fact have a cast time of 1.04 seconds on your FH, then when you cast a bubble (and gain 5% haste), the final cast time of your FH will be approximately 0.9905 seconds, so clearly you're making numbers up somewhere.

@Frisa: yes, replenishment affects shamans. It affects any class with mana (including hunters, at least for the time being), restoring 1% of your maximum mana every five seconds. In other words, replenisment gives you mp5 equal to (your maximum mana )/100
    While the poster you quote is entirely wrong in the statement that you can get 3 FH's off in the time of one GH, you are wrong in your math about his FH being cast in .9905 seconds.
    A 1.17 sec cast turns into a .932 sec cast for me.
    Since I have divine fury, my GH goes from 1.94 to 1.55 sec cast.

In the end, unless you purely tank healing and use the shield -> penance -> GH rotation it is generally a bad idea to use GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    Okay u cannot read,

I said
    By the time u cast GH u can have cast FH three times and at the end of that which hits for more and is more useful

So by the end of casting GH u can have 3 FH cast.. LEARN TO READ.

and for ur info. without raid buff i can cast FH at 1.04 so when i Bubble i get .92 for FH cast time. thats no raid buffs no nothing but a absorb shield. so before u go bashing and cussing, read the post clearly.....

/facepalm

You really just lost any credibility you just had. I prove that it is physically impossible to get 3 FH in 1 GH, showed that once past GCD on FH, that the number of FH that can be cast in a GH cast(hint, GCD is in the way) decreases, yet you tell me to read better?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    stuff
    Thanks for rephrasing what I posted better.

OT: If you have any decent amount of haste, I would say to use GH anytime you have BT up(and fully raid buffed) and need to cast a heal, but only if you have DF, otherwise, FH is better. Now in BL/Heroism GH will, again, become better. BT + BL will make GH very desirable when compared to cast.