Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Power Auras: The Guide

Wow so amazing <3

No more Forte!

I should get a SS of what my POWA looks like on my Demo Lock... My UI is a bit cluttered for most peoples tastes but I find I am able to keep track of it all so meh.

*EDIT*

Theres what my POWA looks like. You can see the icons of my spells that I keep track of. Meta Icon goes red when its used and has a Red count down timer to show how long is left and a gree count down timer to show when its back up. Each of the main DoTs is green when its not on and red when it is on with a timer. MC and Decimate have their own icons as well that show up.

[IMG width=300]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/nailx/WoWScrnShot_012910_022606.jpg[/img]

I was wondering if it possible with power auras or some other add-on to know how big your raid support is with demonic pact. So that it shows me the amount of Spellpower I give to the raid, which resets everytime a new demonic pact pops up and shows me the current SP amount.

uhhh thats a good question. Not sure if POWA does that or not. I would have to go searching through the settings. I wouldn't mind it either just as another random thing of info either. I seem to collect those as I raid.... Plus my group likes to pester me and ask how much SP I am giving out now and then.

thx 4 the guide!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grab
    I was wondering if it possible with power auras or some other add-on to know how big your raid support is with demonic pact. So that it shows me the amount of Spellpower I give to the raid, which resets everytime a new demonic pact pops up and shows me the current SP amount.
    PA cant do that math, you need a special addon just for that I think. Pretty pointless as well wouldnt you say? its not like it matter what the SP is except to -awe- if it happen during trinket procs.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I just would like to know it. Thats it. For some it is pointless i agree but for me personally i do want to have such a tool

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the guide! Been having some trouble with powa myself but I think I should be able to sort it from your guides here.

Edit: I should say I'm sorting it for my shaman, but your examples are pretty generic that they should be helpful for anyone

I just would like to know it. Thats it. For some it is pointless i agree but for me personally i do want to have such a tool
    Supposing (and I'm really more guessing here since I don't know the exact calculations around DP) that DP takes your entire Spellpower before DP and converts it for the raid, just look onto your character screen right at the beginning of a fight and /10 (only if you are the demo lock, of course).
    I don't think you need any extra addon for something like that.

Deleted

Nice guide on the portal range! Will be adding it when I get in from work.

Personally I love power auras, use it to have a ui just off center while in combat for immolate timer, cooldown timers for chaos bolt and conflag etc. Flag up a big red sign when I lacking life the tap buff. A great one for pvp is when targetting a player with spell reflect/cloak of shadows/bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Cos u picked buff, its weapon enchant
    Also no need for the main stuff

Edit: the icon will work once your trigger is correct so it will work after you pick the above as well.
    The thing is (I linked the wrong screenshot as well :P) I can get PowA to show me any texture when my buff is missing, just not the icon for windfury/flametongue, or even the weapon missing it. Any idea's how to fix that?
    EDIT: oh yeah, and another thing: how do I make my 'your-mana-is-lower-than-x-%' warning show with the icon of Innervate?
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

Great guide. Question: How can I get a countdown spell timer to show for Immolate? I have tried everything so no success. The problem maybe that the spell has direct dmg & dot. Please help & thx.

I can answer that
    Set it to 'Debuff', and then to only check on Enemy target. Then make it visible in a way you like, and make sure to activate the timer. Whisper me if you want a screenshot, I have a warlock :P.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by davidcruz25
    Great guide. Question: How can I get a countdown spell timer to show for Immolate? I have tried everything so no success. The problem maybe that the spell has direct dmg & dot. Please help & thx.
    As the guy above me said, you need to select the 'Debuff' activation, tick 'Enemy Target'. Make sure to select 'Cast By Me' otherwise it will show when other warlocks have Immolate on the target. Then enable the timer. Once done move it around the screen and give it the graphic settings you like: (Shiney screenshots for instructions)

Once you set these settings you end up with something like this:

With a graphic showing you that it is active, aswell as a timer showing how long it has left. Alternatively you could select 'Invert' and the graphic will show when you do not have immolate on your current target, so you could set this to a giant exclamation mark or something. However if you want a timer and a graphic to show when it is NOT active, then you need to both of these

Download TinyCasterStats from Wow Curse. I Tracks your spellpower, Crit%, and Haste% in a row

It would look something like that and you can anchor it to any point you wish. It automatically updates on the fly from gain/loss of buffs/debuffs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Because it's so overbudget, it can't be situational or mage dps swings enormously. Eclipse is in a similar boat. It's not a bad talent per se (in our minds - druids may disagree), but because the swing is so large, any time you don't benefit from it, your dps drops a ton. (Source)

So they're admitting that the people who actually play the class say how terrible it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanutra
    Paraphrasing....
    How do you handle beast cleave teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Generally I break out the lube and wait.

I've a question of mty own, and I may have overlooked this, but I already use PowerAuras as a PvPer. It has Excellent functionality with Backlash Procs, as well as Owlkin Frenzy and Clearcast, considering the Blizzard's own way of alerting you is so lacking. I wanted to know how it is you've got the spell Icons as opposed to one of the textures included in the pack showing up.

More on the sprakly starry-eyed wish side of things is if someone had any skill with making custom textures and would be willing to give out a few pointers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Because it's so overbudget, it can't be situational or mage dps swings enormously. Eclipse is in a similar boat. It's not a bad talent per se (in our minds - druids may disagree), but because the swing is so large, any time you don't benefit from it, your dps drops a ton. (Source)

So they're admitting that the people who actually play the class say how terrible it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanutra
    Paraphrasing....
    How do you handle beast cleave teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Generally I break out the lube and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nanaki
    I've a question of mty own, and I may have overlooked this, but I already use PowerAuras as a PvPer. It has Excellent functionality with Backlash Procs, as well as Owlkin Frenzy and Clearcast, considering the Blizzard's own way of alerting you is so lacking. I wanted to know how it is you've got the spell Icons as opposed to one of the textures included in the pack showing up.

More on the sprakly starry-eyed wish side of things is if someone had any skill with making custom textures and would be willing to give out a few pointers.
    there should be a box to check that says use own texture in the activation tab
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

if any one would like an alert of some sort designed send me a PM with your request ill try to get back to you asap.
    edit: preferably warlock
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thomaster
    Hi, I've tried to replicate your (Bakis') settings for showing an icon when your weapon is missing a temporary enchant (say, a shaman buff). I've been trying for 20 minutes now, but I simply cannot make an icon appear with the correct textures when my weapons miss Windfury/FT. I'll add a screenshot, maybe someone can help out . The normal icons work, but I would like it to show the original icons.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Is it somehow possible to set a timer trigger at 5 minutes? I'd like to setup a warning if my fel armor and firestone duration drops below 5 minutes, but the timer only allows for up to 60 seconds :-\