Thread: Seals tips

Seals tips

I got some useful ret pally macros for the Seal system.

Seal of vengeance/Seal of corruption
    - Use this seal against a boss with 200k+ HP (5-man), 1000k+ HP (10-man), 5000k+ HP (25-man). From that you will get maximum possible damage. Using SoC/SoR on this is useless.
    Here's the macro:
    /use Seal of Vengeance/Corruption
    /equip Libram of ----- (Ex: The libram from Triumph vendor

Seal of Command
    - Use this seal when you're AOEing! Best AOE spell pallys have. Using SoR is useless here... SoV is even worse.
    Here's the macro:
    /Use Seal of Command
    /equip libram of ----- (If you got specific librams like the one from the EoT vendor)

Seal of Righteousness
    - Use this seal when you're attacking single target moobs with >100k HP (5-man), 300k HP (10-man), 1000k HP (25-man). Using SoC on single target moobs is useful, but SoV/C is useless on single target moobs with this amount of hit points.
    Here's the macro:
    /Use Seal of Righteousness
    /equip libram of ----- (If you got specific librams like th one from the EoT vendor)

If you got something to add/remove, please post it! Always nice to get ret pally tip's !

Re: Seals tips

SoV/Corruption is on boss rights in raids.
    Seal of CLeave is on Trash/Aoe
    Seal of righteousness is on short bosses/heroics/pvp

FOr seal of cleave and righteousness you wanna use the frost emblem libramm but you shoulndt have it yet unless ur bad like me

hehe ;P

I'm using the Triumph libram for SoV and the furious libram for the two other librams

15+ Year Old Account

Heroics -> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45510

Boss fights without phase drops -> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50455

Boss fights with phases -> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47661
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    SoV/Corruption is on boss rights in raids.
    Seal of CLeave is on Trash/Aoe
    Seal of righteousness is on short bosses/heroics/pvp

FOr seal of cleave and righteousness you wanna use the frost emblem libramm but you shoulndt have it yet unless ur bad like me
    Im thinking about buying the libram=\
    but only because I won't be wearing 4pc until I have 4 pc 264 and i won't get that before arthas opens up.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Also to clarify, if your average iLevel gear is about or above ~251, SoC will begin to out-damage SoR, even when talented and glyphed, on single-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Unless you don't care, this is not the ideal libram to be using in heoics. Numerous posts have been made on EJ that any of the PvP librams are better than Discord.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Also to clarify, if your average iLevel gear is about or above ~251, SoC will begin to out-damage SoR, even when talented and glyphed, on single-target fights.
    True, but SoR is still useful in pvp due to the higher burst judgement.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    I'm curious as to where this info is from, actually. Looking in Rawr, using the Seals scale (I have an average ilevel of 256) SoR unglyphed w/ Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude outperforms SoC, although only by a small amount. This is fully raid buffed on a 5 minute single target fight.
    RAWR can't add in additional DS procs from using SoR > SoC.

EDIT: Could be because of your low Expertise as well w/o SoV up.

Then general rule with the ilvl 245 libram is that any fight over 15 seconds on single target is seal of vengeance. Anything under that is SoC on multiple target pacts and SoR on single target ( even most heroic bosses last more then 15 seconds though).

The new libram is better overall but does have a larger ramp up time. However spending frost emblems on a marginal upgrade over tier pieces for the incredible set bonus' would be silly.

Since the only DPS that really matters or anyone cares about is against raid bosses youll be using SoV anyways. Its safe to use SoC for hte trash pulls up to that as well. SoR is pretty much extinct except in PvP

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Unless you don't care, this is not the ideal libram to be using in heoics. Numerous posts have been made on EJ that any of the PvP librams are better than Discord.
    Everything dies faster then I would get the use of 1-2 Crusader Strikes, Maybe it's not the idea Libram for bad DPS but it's been perfectly fine for me in Heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?