Rotface ooze kiting help

So, our guild have been making some progress on icc, and weve come to Rotface. We got a Warrior tanking the boss, and a paladin tanking the Ooze. However at 60 - 50 % we always wipe. Reason: We dont got enough space. And on top of that the ooze wierdly seem to reset aggro and attack healers sometimes.

You guys got any tips? Thanks!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Rotface oozekiting help

Use a hunter to kite the ooze.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    Use a hunter to kite the ooze.

If you're a paladin kiting the ooze, easy. When the ooze is about to form, drop a consecrate. Soon as it forms, bop it with a Shield of the righteous and start kiting it.

Use your avenger's shield to get it on cooldown and thwap an exorcism down. That should hold aggro from any healer aside from a Paladin with righteous fury on. It's about 20k in threat, which no healer will pull no matter how hard they heal.

Just get a hunter to MD the ooze to the kiter and make sure the kiter kites along the side side of the room.
    And the green slime that comes doesnt hurt the kiter (if it's a tank) so it doesnt matter if he runs through, no big deal.

Easy done, i'm doing it myself when we're on him.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

We've had some pretty bad people trying to kite the oozes and I always end up having to do it

Your paladin was probably being bad and not using exorcism, dropping a consecrate, or hitting it as it spawned, and trying to hold aggro with just avenger's shield, like one of ours tried to do. Get him to know all his abilities

On tenmans I tank and here is how I keep aggro. When i get a big ooze I taunt it. Then run along the putter edge. Do not get to far away or it cuts through the raid. Standing in the green crap isn't an issue for a tank. I can freedom myself if nessisary. If a healer gets high on threat, taunt again. You can literaly only taunt them and never lose aggro. I never use con or exo and I'm never close enough to judge. Occasionaly I throw my shield at it out of boredom.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

i kite it as a DK, im and engineer, so i kite it around the outside where the green puddles spawn. if need be i use my AMS and engineer boots to run through the poison while just spamming icy touch on it. making sure not to get hit by it, doing so will get me one shot.

when someone gets the disease they find me and get cleansed somewhere between me and the ooze, not to close as the tick from the ooze might kill them and spawn another ooze.

also incase of emergency i have a few paladins with me macro'd to HoF for the sticky ooze. rinse repeat, done. I kite because once during a wipe our hunter died i took over and did better than he did. that and my tank gear is too bad to tank the boss lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica
    And on top of that the ooze wierdly seem to reset aggro and attack healers sometimes.
    What kind of Healers? Restoration Shamans? If yes, tell them to not use Healing Stream Totems.
    We figured this out in our 10man group in the first week when Plagueworks were open. Our Shaman _always_ aggroed the oozes, so we tried to find out why.. it was his stupid totem.
    If it's not a Shaman, then just do what Shakatoss said; have a Hunter MD the ooze/s.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by xiza
    What kind of Healers? Restoration Shamans? If yes, tell them to not use Healing Stream Totems.
    We figured this out in our 10man group in the first week when Plagueworks were open. Our Shaman _always_ aggroed the oozes, so we tried to find out why.. it was his stupid totem.
    If it's not a Shaman, then just do what Shakatoss said; have a Hunter MD the ooze/s.
    It turned out that our healer used this totem, were gonna try this next time, thanks

Re: Rotface ooze kiting help

My guild's last Rotface kill had a Druid tank kiting the Oozes, quite literally all he did was fairy fire and taunt, and we still managed to one-shot it, and I wouldn't call the druid tank to be the most well geared and skilled.

Simply a matter of the tank paying attention to where the big ooze is (And any rogue big oozes that get formed near the raid) and using their ranged abilities on it whenever possible. Paladin tanks definately have the advantage here, but it's really more about situational awareness and the rest of the raid handling their oozes properly.