Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"I'm top DPS here chief", the epic adventure in Blackfathom Deeps.

So a friend and I decided to start working on some alts with RAF, and have been having one hell of a time with new and/or bad players. The things that have been said are hilarious.

He started a Tauren Warrior (Prot), I started a Tauren Druid (Resto). We decided that this would be the quickest way to queue into dungeons, get our gear, and continue quickly through leveling till 60. It's gone pretty good so far, and its worth the hundreds of laughs we've had together considering we play inside the same household ninety percent of the time.

Anyway, so Blackfathom Deeps popped in the random, and damn, this was hilarious. Our little Lock buddy, who's name I have whited out for his sake, decided that he'd be wanding the whole time. We politely asked him to please start casting to help clear things much much faster, and he did for about two mobs. My friend decided that he'd let him know that he would be kicked if he didn't pick up his spot (BFD is srs). The guy's response was absolutely hilarious...
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2my9vl.jpg

And yes, my UI is garbage at the moment, but having all my current healing spells macros to the mouse with the whole Grid/Clique thing is quite nice, as it is my first time healing on any toon and have been pulling it off nicely at these lowbie levels. :]

Anyway, discuss your own hilarious scenarios if you've got them. I just found it so ridiculous a lock was saying that, after we talked to him about life tapping, and then drops. Also "I'm Top DPS here, buddy". It had us rolling on the floors, almost literally.

Re: "I'm top DPS here chief", the epic adventure in Blackfathom Deeps.

I was dead in eight minutes because of a druid wanting a drink from the mage. Soulstone, pull everything, jump to a safe spot, ressurect, hearthstone, /dance. roflmao.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

I did the same thing with one of my buddies as well I made a resto shaman and he made an orc warlock at lvl 55 he switched to a frost death knight. I love when the dps start fighting with each other about who doesnt deserve to stay and what not me and my friend usually threaten to leave because we litterally queue in 5 seconds and they usually stop

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cphantom
    And yes, my UI is garbage at the moment, but having all my current healing spells macros to the mouse with the whole Grid/Clique thing is quite nice, as it is my first time healing on any toon and have been pulling it off nicely at these lowbie levels. :]
    Actually I kind of like your UI, what are you using?

As for the people saying they only DPS on bosses, its hilarious that people actually think that way, if your going to wand/white damage or whatever between bosses you are really not needed and should be kicked to make room for someone with a brain.

DTK. Novos fight.
    Group: Resto Druid, Prot Paladin, Ret Paladin (Me), Shadow Priest, other interchangeable DPS.

I go up the stairs to deal with adds spawning, everyone else stays down to kill the four casters.

Half way through, the tank starts yelling for the Shadow Priest to go up the stairs. This is a surprise to everyone else, since it's not remotely difficult to one-shot the mobs on the stairs. Several of us ask why, he just keeps saying it. Growing irritated, he begins typing in all caps, "PRIEST GO UP NOW" and the like.

The Priest continues to stay at the bottom, as he should. After the last add at the bottom (After the stair adds stop spawning also), the tank gives up and yells "FINE IF YOU WON'T GO I'LL GO" and runs to the top of the stairs to stand next to me. Apparently he is unaware that the adds have stopped coming. I run down the stairs and wait for him to follow and tank the boss. He doesn't. He stands at the top of the stairs while I Ret-tank the boss. As soon as the boss dies, he moves back down and starts into the next room. Everyone's asking him what that was all about, and why he couldn't accept that there was nothing wrong with what we were doing.

His only response: "You can't do that fight unless you put a caster on the stairs." Apparently he wasn't present for the encounter, as we just did it without. Even more baffling, he decided that he would go up at the end. I guess a Prot Paladin can stand in for a caster DPS. He then tells us that he's "Not here to teach baddies how to play" and drops group. I switch to Prot and we finish the instance.

I still don't even know.

"Not here to teach baddies how to play"
    That one always gets me. That or "I'm not here to carry baddies". See those phrases in my book make your worse than someone who doesn't know how to play their own class. You can make up for bad dps, you can't make up for bad attitudes.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cydri
    Actually I kind of like your UI, what are you using?

As for the people saying they only DPS on bosses, its hilarious that people actually think that way, if your going to wand/white damage or whatever between bosses you are really not needed and should be kicked to make room for someone with a brain.
    X2
    Whats ur UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano
    X2
    Whats ur UI?
    Looks Like Spartan UI.

So you booted the dude because he was low level and didn't feel like blowing all of his mana on trash? I'll keep my opinions on the matter to myself but I will say you and your friend might want to be nicer to lower level / noobier players so you don't ruin their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance
    So you booted the dude because he was low level and didn't feel like blowing all of his mana on trash? I'll keep my opinions on the matter to myself but I will say you and your friend might want to be nicer to lower level / noobier players so you don't ruin their experience.
    I hope this isn't out of line but,

/facepalm

If he's a warlock and he's high enough level to do BFD, he has life tap. There's a healer. Therefore, his mana is infinite.

Lifetap is hard
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Sure, maybe they don't need to go all out on every pack but hey, it's like a hunter only using his pet to attack trash because he "doesn't want to waste his arrows".

Also, he acted like a douche-bag anyway so he deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree with the need to be nicer to newer or unexperienced players. However, I don't see anything wrong with booting someone for refusing to perform their main role. It boils down to a Warlock who refused to cast spells on trash... at all. It sounds to me like this group bargained with the guy 10 times longer than most random heroic groups would have.

This was a troll post, right?

Wow i love it. we need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano
    X2
    Whats ur UI?
    Sorry I vanished on you guys, hadda head out for a bit. Love the other stories though :P

anyway, the UI I'm using is just Spartan UI mixed with everything else. Here is a list of what is in it:

Quote Originally Posted by addons
    _Cursor
    Atlasloot Enhanced
    Auctionator
    Bagnon
    Bartender4
    Clique
    Crap Away!
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Elitist Group
    Factionizer
    gChat
    GearScore
    Grid
    JPack
    MoveAnything! WotLK
    Omen Threat Meter
    OmniCC
    Overachiever
    Postal
    Quartz
    QuestHelper
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    SatrinaBuffFrame
    Skinner
    SpartanUI
    TipTac
    Titan Panel
    Zoom!!!
    Yup, that be a lot O.o;

always remember to be polite to people unless you're willing to have them act the same back to you. Here's my story from yesterday:

yesterday in H FoS I'm dpsing with a pally tank and rogue from the same guild (different server) and a hunter and druid healer. We kill the first boss, the axe drops and this happens:

frozen: going to roll need for frost dw if no one needs it
    rogue: but I need it
    frozen: okay, I'll pass for you then
    rogue: for MY ROGUE NI**ER!
    frozen: well now, I don't feel like passing it to you anymore.

(ROLLS) frozen wins the axe

druid healer: LOL @ rogue
    rogue: I really need it, can I have it now?
    frozen: nope, you don't deserve it
    pally tank: give him the axe or I'll drop group and you can wait for a tank
    frozen: not really a long wait when I can equip my tank gear, feel free to leave
    druid: LOL
    rogue: can I have the axe now?
    frozen: no sir, I'm going to keep it. I might even vendor it

10 minutes later:

rogue: can I have the axe now?
    frozen: you are never getting this axe from me. Karma is a bitch.

pally tank finally gave up and tried to pull, but by this point he'd also insulted the druid and the druid wasn't going to heal either of them. So as the pally goes to pull, I switch to tank spec and gear and wait. (these are for the casters at the end of the instance that aoe) Rogue dies. Pally is almost dead and runs at the druid trying to get the druid killed, I pick up the mob, druid heals me, I drag the mob after the retreating pally who ends up having to bubble hearth, we kill the mob, grab a couple more people and go to finish the instance.

lmao funnny stuff to the above poster
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

the sad part is that I really don't NEED the axe, only would have taken it if no one needed it. I wish I had remembered to screenshot it, the conversation went on for some time and was quite funny.