Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: "I'm top DPS here chief", the epic adventure in Blackfathom Deeps.

Best one I've had so far was zoning into FoS when the healer immediately said "BRB MY TURN FOR MARIO 64!" and then afk'd for like 10 minutes. ???

I was doing SM Armory on my warrior alt, and our warlock only used hellfire, the healer kept complaining since it made him spend mana on something as useless as hellfire when he had rain of fire, eventually i started saying that other abilities would benefit more since her hellfire only ticked for 95 damage, the healer left due to the stupidness of the warlock and i started discussing with her because we had to wait for a new healer. She said it was a good spell, i replied instantly it cost you health and cost the healer a giant amount of mana. The tank (heirloom, but still kinda weird) said that it was a good aoe spell and i should mind my own cleaving, seeing as her damage was triple as low as the tank, they still said i should mind my own buisness and i said "i dont wanna carry slackers that are to idiotic to take an advice" and later i got kicked. I dont think i was very rude, and beside i were farther up than the other on the meters by far.

I was doing Deadmines on my priest, healing it, and the tank was a bit slow, kept losing aggro, so the dps kept getting aggro and "tanking". This was not a problem, since I had plenty of mana and SP, and could easily deal with all the extra damage going out, so I had no issues. We were clearing, no one was dying, we did the first boss, and then suddenly the tank says "let me tank please, I'm the tank". He continues as before, and again, people pull off of him, and after a couple more trash pulls, he goes "you really should let the tank do his job" and leaves group.

I don't understand this. If everything is going OK, I don't mind that I'm don't have all the mobs on me at all times, as long as no one dies. With a good healer, we don't even use a tank for the first part of CoT4.

So I was running BFD with a Ret Pally, a Disc Priest, a Shadow Priest, and a hunter.

Pally demands that he be the one to heal because "I might be ret, but my holy light heals for 600 lol." We tell him no since the priest is much more capable. He rages on for a while - "lol dude this prst sux, lemme heal." Said priest was in heirlooms, all enchanted - said pally still had greys for some of his gear.

Finally, we come to the torch room of the dungeon. I pop 1 of them, the pally pops the rest, says he won't heal, and pulls all the spawns on himself, saying "ur warrior, u should dps."

We let him die, I pick up the adds and we manage to get them down. Then we kick the guy.

Sad thing was, he apparently was the healer's brother O.o

Not to defend an unpleasant sounding warlock, but at that level wanding will do about the same DPS as spamming Shadow Bolt, assuming he has an up-to-date wand. I always hated doing low level instances on my warlock because stuff died too fast to make DoTs worthwhile, but Shadow Bolt wasn't nearly strong enough unless you were destruction-specced. And who levels as destruction?

Ages ago, when I was level the paladin that is now my main (I'm talking back at the beginning of BC), I was running BFD. Everyone was just greeding on all the loot that dropped, just like normal. Well, I happened to win something like 6 greed rolls in a row, with 4 of the rolls being 100. I crack a joke, something along the lines of "lol, I'm on a roll, must be some kinda hidden rollhax." On the next pull, I was booted and, as I was tanking and the healer stopped healing me, I died. (INB4 bubblehearth jokes). All 4 other members of the PuG promptly slap me on ignore and one of them sends me a tell about learning my lesson about not using rollhax. :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Xiangnala

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    Not to defend an unpleasant sounding warlock, but at that level wanding will do about the same DPS as spamming Shadow Bolt, assuming he has an up-to-date wand. I always hated doing low level instances on my warlock because stuff died too fast to make DoTs worthwhile, but Shadow Bolt wasn't nearly strong enough unless you were destruction-specced. And who levels as destruction?
    I do lol.. <3 big critz!

Quote Originally Posted by Staunch
    I do lol.. <3 big critz!
    I think you can level with it now once you can reach Soul Leech and Imp. Soul Leech. Until then it may be a pain but those talents should help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Staunch
    ...<3 big critz!
    And you cannot lie?

His reply was particularly obnoxious, and he deserved the boot...

But does it matter that he seems to be a Mage and not a Lock (given his buffs and class icon). Which is probably worse, because he can make his own damn drinks, and spamming frostbolt really doesn't take THAT much mana if you're leveling frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Architraz
    His reply was particularly obnoxious, and he deserved the boot...

But does it matter that he seems to be a Mage and not a Lock (given his buffs and class icon). Which is probably worse, because he can make his own damn drinks, and spamming frostbolt really doesn't take THAT much mana if you're leveling frost.
    No the mage was someone else in the group. If you look at the recount you can see the mage was not sucking and note that there are only 3 party frames so it was after they had kicked the lock from the group.

Yeah, that occurred to me right after I posted... for some reason I thought only the mages name was white-acted

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    You actually make a pretty good point. In fact the quest reward wand from BFD has always been pretty powerful for the level in which you can pick it up. It was hardly uncommon to see lvl 19 warlocks, priests, and mages doing so good damage with those wands in WSG.

10+ Year Old Account

I was trying out the random dungeon group on my priest (healing of course) and being an alt I had full hierlooms and the best gear at the level. At 16 RFC is a joke. We are clearing we make down to the first boss and our ret pally (in questing gear) said "let me heal this healer sux" but, he failed to notice that no one every fell below 80% health and the DPS (like most low lvls) have this brilliant idea to try to pull half the instance at once. So since he was whining and complaining we decided whats the worst thing that can happen if he heals and gave him a shot. One the very first pull (4 mobs only) he failed to heal and when the tank was at 20% (along with half the party) I stepped in and saved everyone. Of course like most horrible players he blamed me. He said "wow y did u heal it was my job" and I said "the tank was about to die". Then he said "I was w8ing til low health so I don't over heal nub" and then leaves party. Three things wrong that he did.
    1 he had 400 mana whereas I had 1500 he should'nt be healing.
    2 you don't wait for 20% to heal a tank.
    3 when the tank is taking about 3-4% per hit s/he goes through health fairly quickly.

Moral of the story don't let people with worse gear take your role.

your UI is so shit. lol.