• No?

195 48.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Paladin DPS Insane?

Ret dps is fine, l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Paladin dps is very very OP imo, and should be nerfed asap. As an Arcane Mage it's really hard for me to keep up with our best retridin, who currently pulls 6k+ at Jaraxxus 25M(H), and ofc high at other bosses aswell.
    If you're having trouble keeping up with a 6k ret on Jaraxxus, then you'd hate me.

And you fail at sarcasm...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    how can people fail to see the sarcasm here.
    6k dps=low
    mages spellstealing jarraxus shield gives them alot of extra damage on this fight.

so how could people fail to find the sarcasm
    MAYBE there is no sarcasm, and he just fails.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by topps87
    No No you have to click the Paladin only class to see Ret DPS with a number beside it designating a place in ranking, We aren't supposed to be able to compete with real DPS. On average we are 2-3K DPS lower then the top of every other class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    inb4 gearscore debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eletharin
    Check the DPS of a middle geared prot pally pushing DPS overall on any instance, the go reroll a prot warrior, get BiS everything, gem however you want, and see if you can even get close. "Pally DPS" is kinda vague ... ret is OK though probably too high for the only true hybrid in the game (only a pally can be a contender for damage and healing on the same fight thanks to JoLame) ... but prot damage is out of control. Nerf warrior shield slam and let that crap ride? I understand the slam nerf was pvp motivated, but not everybody pvps and its annoying as hell to be basically short a whole imaginary extra DPS slot just cause you don't get a paladin tank in heroics.
    Prot warri dps is gettin buffed (at least the last blue posts said that), obviously shield slam is getting nerfed for pvp reasons
    forumz addict :>

jaraxxus is a bad indication, he's a demon hence 100% exo crits, and (at least when i did that fight) there was always a bit of overspill AOE damage on the adds

10+ Year Old Account

I've always and will never stop lolling at rets. Just 'cause.. they're somewhat, pansies?

Insane? No.
    A bit on the OP side for a triple functioning class, especially vs. undead? Yes.

Not insane though, I'll gladly have most ret pallies eat my dust on the godly meters.. *zzzz*.
    Pansies. I tell ya!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansy

coming from a fury warrior btw. ;-)

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

Pally dps is not that good.

I beat our main one on my shadow priest in almost every encounter.

Okay the whole undead thing is so BC. Ret has ONE spell that is undead only, holy wrath, which is only used on trash and very rarely some twinked boss fights. That excuse dosen't fly anymore.

Ret is in a good spot can do very well but still won't out dps a very well played and geared pure.

Our ret is close to 11k on Saurfang and around 10k on many other ICC fights. OP? Maybe a bit.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    Ret dps is fine, l2p.
    Pre-nerf Battlemaster

If you see me, run away, or it will be the last thing you'll ever see.

Paladin dps is very very OP imo, and should be nerfed asap. As an Arcane Mage it's really hard for me to keep up with our best retridin, who currently pulls 6k+ at Jaraxxus 25M(H), and ofc high at other bosses aswell.
    Someone needs to learn to spell steal

This is just sad... If your an arcane mage and complaing about dps, spesialy in Jara where u can spellsteal dmg buff.....
    Oh and as a ret paladin on jara im doing 8-9k depending... and still get beaten by rogues, dk's, mage's and the ocasional hunter.

And yeah ret dmg has improved since icc was launched and the 2 set from t10 became availible.
    Oh and having high aoe dps on trash cannot be counted as *insane*.
    Overall im happy with the new 2set bonus and the added dps... tho its a pain in the ass from time to time
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&cn=samarito

Quote Originally Posted by Asheowyn
    I've always and will never stop lolling at rets. Just 'cause.. they're somewhat, pansies?

Insane? No.
    A bit on the OP side for a triple functioning class, especially vs. undead? Yes.

Not insane though, I'll gladly have most ret pallies eat my dust on the godly meters.. *zzzz*.
    Pansies. I tell ya!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansy

coming from a fury warrior btw. ;-)
    Alright... thanks?

Anyways, I say we aren't OP at all. The pure dps classes are higher, and the other hybrids are right around where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarito
    Overall im happy with the new 2set bonus and the added dps... tho its a pain in the ass from time to time
    Yes, yes it is :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    Okay the whole undead thing is so BC. Ret has ONE spell that is undead only, holy wrath, which is only used on trash and very rarely some twinked boss fights. That excuse dosen't fly anymore.

Ret is in a good spot can do very well but still won't out dps a very well played and geared pure.
    Not that its ground breaking or anything but Glyph of Sense Undead is still a 1% dmg increase.

Quote Originally Posted by handiecapturtle
    Not that its ground breaking or anything but Glyph of Sense Undead is still a 1% dmg increase.

Bout the only place you can really call Ret OP is trash with 2t10 and seal of command, you chew through tons of mobs with that setup and have lots of on demand aoe which makes stuff like heroic trash just melt with 1 good ret pally.

But single target fights like bosses which is what everyone cares about, we can usually keep up with the other classes fairly well, but having all our dps skills give instant gratification means short trash fights we usually come out ahead.

Regardless of how powerful our trash ae is a well played war can keep up and affliction warlocks are kings. Mages can beat me too from time to time.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Defarias
    Alright... thanks?

Anyways, I say we aren't OP at all. The pure dps classes are higher, and the other hybrids are right around where we are.

Yes, yes it is :P

the warlock wants some lovin'