Page 1 of 3
LastLast

discipline priest underestimated in raids

Most people who dont play the class and spec think discipline priest are uselessand only good at pvp and rather have a holy priest but most people dont understand how discipline priest works.Discipline priests are all about the damage mitigation.People wonder why flash heal is the most used heal, 2nd to penance plus when raid healing we are the lowest this is due to all the damage being reduced by power word:shield. When raid healing first or most likely some of you shield the whole raid this equals -damage taken which makes it easyer on the raid healer's plus yourself if your poh. but its more likely you will shield everyone because of rapture and that the mana you will get back from it plus being a good tank healer but if you think that people underestimate discipline. Please post your feedback and support .

Re: discipline priest underestimated in raids

well blizzard is working on showing absrobs for cataclysm or in the next patches maybe before.. So yes, u can't really proof yourself and most people dont use WOL or other meters where actual healing gets shown.

So we gonna have to take the crap till blizzard fixed it. We're good but if u cant see it as easy as with pure healers then people still think otherwise because they want to judge healers on amount healed and if u cant do that with a disc, they are kinda distrustfull

I actually took the reflective shields talent for my disc priest.. just so I can measure how much the shield is absorbing and figure out how much + healing it would equal to. Usually its between 1-2k per fight. So I add that to the + heals of my other healers and trust me, you are *quite* competitive.

And that is not taking into account all the other things a disc priest does. So yes there is always room for disc in raids.

Reflective Shields does not work on anyone but yourself.

Note: Causes 45% of the damage you absorb with Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat.

What youre saying is true. But please.

. ,

I don't think it is underestimated, most of the time priests cannot get into raids with out it on my server.

I used to raid disc so i know how it works and have recount guess absorbs.

That being said there are so many disc priests that are bad and use the absorbs as a crutch when they should be capable of 2-3k hps and 2-3k absorbs on any fight if they are geared. Sadly many underperform this.

It is not underestimated, just not a lot of people know the mechanics of a Disc priest. Just today, I saw an ICC pug looking for a Disc priest for their last healer.

After desperately trying to understand a paragraph with no punctuation, my only comment is:
    Everyone who isn't a complete tard knows how disc priests work... if you have a raid leader who thinks that disc is useless, you're better off not being with him/her, as his/her raid is going to fail (not necessarily cause there isn't a disc priest there, but because that person doesn't know what they're doing).
    "If only life were as easy as you, I would still get screwed."- The Bloodhound Gang

If you are on a server getting passed up for raids because you are specced disc (I have never heard of such a thing) then my advice to you is to stay specced disc. It's like a magic little fairy that keeps you out of inevitably doomed raids run by idiots.

sorry for the bad punctuation I am kinda tired.

Me and my brother recently found out that the damage meter Skada will show Absorb meters and Absorb + Heal meters. When the other healers in our 25man saw the meters, one druid said "it doesnt count" and another healer said "its not the same as a healing meter". It shows the true power of a good disc priest.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guggmor
    What youre saying is true. But please.

. ,
    You should practice what you preach, IMO.

Mate iv'e been saying exactly what youv'e said for ages, no-one will listen, it's not even worth trying.

Only chance youv'e got is if your RL has a priest and has tried it discipline. Before some of the earlier updates it was nigh on impossible to OOM whilst maintaining strong healing and insane damage mitigation.

But what did they care? It wasnt showing up on their stats...

Tbh, I don't question a healer joining as disc ... why should I, if he does his job and we have no problems?

From what I can tell, World of Logs will include absorbs in your healing done.

I don't have a link but a couple of weeks ago I was asked to heal for Lord Marrowgar. I'm usually shadow and one of the top dps in my guild and my offspec is discipline.

I recall on the healing meters I was quite low as usual. As you're aware, Marrowgar has a phase where he does a large amount of damage to the raid. During this phase I would start with a prayer of mending but follow up by shielding as many people as I could (the spell has no cooldown as disc as you know).

I checked out World of Logs (WoL) a couple days ago to check on my dps stats etc and came across the healing done for marrowgar. I was at the top of the list with quite lead on the others because of all the damage absorbed.

If you're having problems finding out your healing, suggest the raid use WoL or try to get an account going yourself (I have no idea how to do that myself).

disc is the most-used healspecc in pvp, and i guess thats the reason why people think its no good for pve. but theyre clearly wrong, because most of things wich make it good in pvp, also rock in pve.

RL's really need to do their homework right imo.

i have been playing main spec Disc since Ulduar and i have never had a problem getting picked for raids by my guild.

dmg reduction
    keep sheilds on acrance mages (when its abosored they get a sp buff)
    keep Power Infusion chained on a dps
    pain supp
    nice burst single target heals

can do alittle raid healing but not as good as others.

i love disc in PVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaena
    by shielding as many people as I could (the spell has no cooldown as disc as you know).
    i do agree with you partly but technically it does have a 15sec cd on players

Quote Originally Posted by linaxe
    i do agree with you partly but technically it does have a 15sec cd on players
    Yes correct of course. To clarify, the debuff on the target still persists and I believe it is the same 15 seconds for all specs (though may be reduced by specific set bonuses). Just remarking that you can cast it in succession on multiple targets. As well, the act of shielding somebody as discipline frees up your assumed prot pally from needing to cast BoSanctuary on the raid...unless you die habitually.

Does anybody know exactly how World of Logs absorbs (counted as healign) works? Does it use how much is actually absorbed?