Need some gear help asap

Today was a good day for me. Got deaths choice, and a trophy today from toc25. I was going to use rawr to see my best chance of upgrades, but despite how easy everyone told me it was, I cant figure it out for the life of me. I got the chest, equiped it, then realized I was vastly under the hit cap as my t8 chest provides for me, then I realized it has arp on it. I mean really? ARP on a pally tier chest just seemed wrong to me. I need some help if someone can give me some advice on what to do. I know I could get the triumph thinket and possibly get the 4 set bonus, or should I just upgrade my legs to 245? Anything and any advice is welcome.
    and yes I know. im getting a new meta soon.

Oh and I do plan to get my first piece of t10 this week or next.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Re: Need some gear help asap

If the problem is the hit on the chest...

Your cloak is shit. Get a group, spam run Reg. Halls of Reflection, get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49842

That +swapping Icewalker to your boots, and if that's not enough, you can use the trophy on your gloves as the upgraded version will have a little extra hit.

Edit: Also no excuse nowadays to not have full 232 T9, what's with the T8 crap?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka

No the problem is I was planning on replacing my chest with the 245 one. When I do that my hit drops hard, too about 5 percent. That cloak, I will farm for, thank you for telling me about it. I will swap enchants soon on my boots. To answer your question on why I don't have full t9 is because I am already in an ICC raiding group with the gear I am in now and I pull fine dps. I didnt want to spend my badges on gear I could easily replace in some icc or toc runs. My main question is how can I use my trophy to get the most dps.

-Ex ret paladin

George23

lal change that meta

The above poster is correct, I would change your meta to the 21agi, 3% increased crit damage meta. I would also enchant your cloak, chest and gloves, you seemingly have no enchants on any of these. You could change your boot enchant to icewalker which would give you 25 hit rating. Putting you at 225 hit. However, I would suggest that you go with the Mark of Supremacy right now as it gives you enough hit rating that you can gem/enchant for max AP. Plus the proc is a nice little on demand AP boost rather than the Mirror's chance on hit.

Go +44 AP on gloves, haste or agi on the cloak and +10/+8 to all stats on chest. You should absolutely replace the cloak as soon as possible. Hell, even stepping up to the Hammerhead Sharksin Cloak from Badges of Conquest is likely an upgrade over the cloak you are currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    The above poster is correct, I would change your meta to the 21agi, 3% increased crit damage meta. I would also enchant your cloak, chest and gloves, you seemingly have no enchants on any of these. You could change your boot enchant to icewalker which would give you 25 hit rating. Putting you at 225 hit. However, I would suggest that you go with the Mark of Supremacy right now as it gives you enough hit rating that you can gem/enchant for max AP. Plus the proc is a nice little on demand AP boost rather than the Mirror's chance on hit.

Go +44 AP on gloves, haste or agi on the cloak and +10/+8 to all stats on chest. You should absolutely replace the cloak as soon as possible. Hell, even stepping up to the Hammerhead Sharksin Cloak from Badges of Conquest is likely an upgrade over the cloak you are currently using.
    All the above has been on my to do list. What has not been on my to do list is enchant and gem shitty gear. The bracers, yes I will enchant, the cloak, head, and chest which I plan to replace soon, I will not. And about the badge trinket, yes I was thinking about getting that as a last resort after using my trophy and getting some more t9.

And guys in my o.p. I said I was planning on changing the meta, so settle down on the hate mail.

-Ex ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    All the above has been on my to do list. What has not been on my to do list is enchant and gem shitty gear. The bracers, yes I will enchant, the cloak, head, and chest which I plan to replace soon, I will not. And about the badge trinket, yes I was thinking about getting that as a last resort after using my trophy and getting some more t9. I also have banner in bank and I am thinking about swapping mirror with that because of proc rate

And guys in my o.p. I said I was planning on changing the meta, so settle down on the hate mail.

-Ex ret paladin

I'm not hating on you friend, just trying to help. You are clearly using the meta for PvP. Thats cool and I understand it as your off spec is a PvP build. I also understand the desire to not enchant crap gear. Well, if its about maximizing dps you just have to suck it up and enchant the crap gear till better comes down the line. I have enchanted many pieces of my off-set gear with good enchants on crappy gear so that I was maxed out if the opportunity to DPS came along.

The trinket probably shouldn't be a last resort option as it will allow you to not be shackled by being right at the hit cap. It may allow you to pick up good pieces that you won't have to gem/enchant for hit and can maximize right away.

Thats my opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    I'm not hating on you friend, just trying to help. You are clearly using the meta for PvP. Thats cool and I understand it as your off spec is a PvP build. I also understand the desire to not enchant crap gear. Well, if its about maximizing dps you just have to suck it up and enchant the crap gear till better comes down the line. I have enchanted many pieces of my off-set gear with good enchants on crappy gear so that I was maxed out if the opportunity to DPS came along.

The trinket probably shouldn't be a last resort option as it will allow you to not be shackled by being right at the hit cap. It may allow you to pick up good pieces that you won't have to gem/enchant for hit and can maximize right away.

Thats my opinion at least.
    I never thought of that. And that is a very very good point. First step, trinket. Then I will work on getting badges for 245 something, then go on to get the last piece of tier gear. Thank you, and I have already fixed some of my enchants.

-Ex ret paladin

Gald to help. Good luck friend.