Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Cataclysm idea for Lightwell

If they made it create an item, Light Pool, in your inventory, that gives the lightwell buff when you click it, like a warlocks healthstone, then I can see it being pretty viable.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Make it clickable from 50 yards, scale it up double times, and haste up the HoT a little. Basically a huge shining golden fountain in the middle of the raid. A true beacon of light.

This way, ppl will sure look for it when they are low on HP, the same way they open their bags to grab the hearthstone :P

ToC style Lightwell that nukez please thank you.

Yes I am trolling

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail
    Delete it
    Piss off! Jerk, it just needs to be reworked.

Frankly, the entire clicking mechanic needs to be removed. The fact that you have to click it is the absolute ONLY reason people do not use this spell.

"OMG I loses DPS" has been the single argument from every player in the game on why they never use a Lightwell. I'm sorry, but if playerbase stupidity is what makes a spell "useless", then it's high time the spell gets corrected to make it far more appealing.

Frankly, while the damage from the ToC version would be nice, I would rather this spell continue to only heal. Have it remain at ten charges, and have it pulse much like a totem. For each pulse, it heals a friendly target withing 10-20 yards of it for X. However, unlike other spells, this version should most definitely be a
    "smart heal" and only target people that have lost health.

This would make it a fantastic utility for many fights already in game, as well as future encounters.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

You could have it be two spells where the first one is a summoning that creates some form of Pedestal of Light (similar to mage refreshments or healthstone pedestals). Everyone takes an Icon of Light (like a healthstone) from the Pedestal at the beginning of the battle. It is a conjured item just like healthstones/strudel, so it disappears once you've logged, but has 10 charges. The second spell is Lightwell, cast the same way it is now. However, anyone can click the item in their inventory while they are within a certain distance to the Lightwell (10 yds?) to get the Lightwell Renew buff that exists now, just like you would use a healthstone. It still wears off in the same way and for all intents and purposes is the same spell, only you activate it from your inventory so that you don't break target/lose your DPS.

Does that sound good?

That's actually a nice idea, but I would do it a bit different. The summoned Lightwell can act for both purposes and wouldn't require charges on the item.

So a Holy Priest with the Lightwell summons it before an encounter and people can loot as many of those "Cups of Lightwell Water" or whatever, from the summoned Lightwell. This does not consume charges.

The summoned item disappears after 15 minutes of logging out, like any summoned item, but is otherwise permanent and usable on any and all Lightwells summoned by a Priest in your raid. If you lose it somehow, you click the Lightwell itself again to get a new one.

The Lightwell itself has an aura of certain radius and everyone who wants to use the clicky of the summoned item has to be within the Lightwell's aura. By clicking the item while within the Lightwell's aura, the player consumes a charge from the Lightwell. The effect will be what the effect of the Lightwell is now. The Lightwell disappears when 10 charges have been consumed this way, or when 3 minutes have passed since it was summoned, whichever comes first (just like it is now). The summoned item however remains. If multiple Lightwells are within range, I guess the game will have to decide from which one to draw the charge (presumably the one that has most charges).

It's elegant, it's easy and close to the original purpose of the Lightwell.

Instead of a summoned item, I think the game needs an "actions of opportunity" bar.

Basically; a bar for all those weird situation-situational small abilities you might want to give to a player at some point.

Lightwell goes onto that bar. Players within range can click it at any point to consume a charge and get a heal.

Other suggestions that goes onto the bar:

- Weird anti-boss-abilities that must be used (Bloodqueen bite is a great example, or commanding some bossfigth allies to a new target)
    - Mount support abilities (like a warstrider charge)
    - Vehicle support abilties (like calling in an artillery strike on your target from a nearby catapult)
    - Guild Support Abilities (The guildwide 1hr cooldown Mass Resurrection in Cataclysm for one)
    - I'm sure there could be made some really cool shammy totems for this bar. Less static buffs!

The basic idea is that the contents of this bar changes all the time depending on what is in your vicinity.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

That's kinda like a vehicle interface, but then on top of your current existing UI somewhere.

It's a general change to the game, though, not specific to Lightwell. I agree with you that such a thing would be nice.

Several Suggestions:

Lightwell: Target an area on the ground. (Size of Rain of Fire Aoe) This area becomes a light well for 1 min. If a target is healed standing in the lightwell the Target will be given a Renew on top of the heal. (The renew is from the priest that casts it. I.e. Shaman chain heals and the targets that get hit standing in the circle will also recieve a renew from the priest at no mana cost to the priest).

Lightwell: The priest is infused with the power of the light. Lasts 15 secs. During this time the priest will give an AoE Heal to all members of the raid/party within 10 yards. X amount healed over Y secs. Instant. 1 minute cooldown

Lightwell: The priest assumes the "Mantle of Light". Effect: Renews will increase healing done over time by 10%, Flash/Greater heal will heal for 5% more and Circle of healing will cast dispel on the members healed. (Animation like shadow form)

That is off the top of my head at the moment. Thoughts?

My idea: Same healing power and HoT mechanic. Instead of clicking, make it a 5 yd range AoE. When someone walks in the range they receive the HoT.

I see two options for the "anti-OP" detail of it.
    A} it has a health bar and can be destroyed thus making the positioning of the well a big choice (this would make it PvE only though, as PvP would just auto-kill the wells) or
    B} Count the ticks as 'charges' and have a X charge limit. This would require a high cooldown probably. Priest could either set it out at the beginning and ask to be mindful of not wasting ticks, or the priest could cast it mid-fight in the middle of a bunch of people for a quick X tick AoE HoT.

1. Cast wherever you want the well
    2. Whenever you cast a healing spell the well gets a charge, but the healing spell was decreased by 10% or so
    3. The well has different abilities that are activated by consuming charges:
    - something like a BIG heal
    - a BIG AOE/Mass HEAL
    - something like a guardian spirit
    - a mass dispel/decurse
    - a nuke spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Instead of a summoned item, I think the game needs an "actions of opportunity" bar.

Basically; a bar for all those weird situation-situational small abilities you might want to give to a player at some point.

Lightwell goes onto that bar. Players within range can click it at any point to consume a charge and get a heal.

Other suggestions that goes onto the bar:

- Weird anti-boss-abilities that must be used (Bloodqueen bite is a great example, or commanding some bossfigth allies to a new target)
    - Mount support abilities (like a warstrider charge)
    - Vehicle support abilties (like calling in an artillery strike on your target from a nearby catapult)
    - Guild Support Abilities (The guildwide 1hr cooldown Mass Resurrection in Cataclysm for one)
    - I'm sure there could be made some really cool shammy totems for this bar. Less static buffs!

The basic idea is that the contents of this bar changes all the time depending on what is in your vicinity.
    I smell Final Fantasy Tactics A2 ;D

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    The only possible way I can imagine trading in Lightwell for a pet would be if it was a pet that could be stuck to one target, chaincasting Flash Heal-equivalent spells on that target for a set amount of time (10-15 seconds) as an extra emergency cooldown in case something enrages, someone gets a nasty debuff, etc. etc.9

But I agree with Kelesti, I really don't like the idea of a healing pet. Not only would if be pretty annoying to control (dps pets are different, you tend to stick them to one target and let the AI do the job), but I feel like healing is something that takes time and devotion to control. There shouldn't be any 'light beasts' that could just pop forth and work our magic.

I essentially agree with the suggestion that it's click-range is increased and that using it won't remove that player's target. But I would like for it to have an instant effect rather than a heal-over-time effect. Part of why some people refuse to use Lightwell (even if losing their target doesn't hurt much) is because they have a tendency to use it when the effect is cancelled after two seconds either way.

Or, as Kelesti suggested, improve it a tiny bit and make it trainable at level 40 or something like that.
    Agreed.
    Like the emergency idea.

But let's see what Cataclysm has to offer. According to Blizzard all classes will undergo a major overhaul.