Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Random Name Generator

Hi there, I couldn't manage to log into the WoW-Europe forums for some reason, so I'll just ask here instead: where exactly is the built-in WoW name generator? I can't see it anywhere on my screen, nor can I find any information about it other than mentions when Googling for names.

Cheers,
    MushroomBomb

Re: WoW Random Name Generator

Any name generator will do it.
    edit: try one of these http://www.google.com/search?q=name+generator
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Under the area where you type your name when creating a character... its red... rectangular shaped... O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Under the area where you type your name when creating a character... its red... rectangular shaped... O.o
    I always thought this would randomize my character like the button under the detail selection
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Well, that kind of explains why I couldn't find it. Or, well...

10+ Year Old Account

Could you show me a screenshot of that? Since my character creation screen looks identical as MushroomBomb. I miss the button too. (Would be really useful when I got troubles thinking of a name)

10+ Year Old Account

There is no in-game random name generator to the best of my knowledge.

There's an in-game random name generator. At least for US versions of the game there is. If you can't see it; *puts on GM hat* Try deleting or renaming your "WTF", "Interface" and "Cache" folders in your World of Warcraft directory.

See above image for the "Randomize" button.

10+ Year Old Account

Is this a US-only feature? Can anyone confirm whether this exists for EU too?

I don't have it in my inlog screen and i have never had it, reinstalled my wow several times aswell (it might be an add-on?!)

As far as I can tell it is a US only feature
    (Also heard that the US version can let you have numbers in your name)
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

It's indeed an US-only feature.

Had an US account before I moved back to Europe.

Bought an EU account, and there was not such a thing at any point since vanilla.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert
    As far as I can tell it is a US only feature
    (Also heard that the US version can let you have numbers in your name)
    ...Never seen numbers, but the random name generator has been on the US version since vanilla. Perhaps it was omitted in the EU releases due to localization problems for something so tiny?

That's simply because Europeans are able to figure out what to name their character without help from the computer.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boosch
    ...Never seen numbers, but the random name generator has been on the US version since vanilla. Perhaps it was omitted in the EU releases due to localization problems for something so tiny?
    I guess either (international) laws could be a problem (like someone's real name being randomly generated).
    Or the different languages used. (As far as I know, US mainly uses the same language).

Quote Originally Posted by Zlodo
    That's simply because Europeans are able to figure out what to name their character without help from the computer.
    QFT.

Well that solves that, case closed. Thanks for the help, folks

15+ Year Old Account

It's not useful anyway half the good names it gives you are taken lol.

I love the jealous Europeans making excuses as to why they don't have a random name generator Don't you think a more plausible reason is that because of the multiple languages spoken throughout Europe it would be redundant to make random names for all of each language?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    It's not useful anyway half the good names it gives you are taken lol.

I love the jealous Europeans making excuses as to why they don't have a random name generator Don't you think a more plausible reason is that because of the multiple languages spoken throughout Europe it would be redundant to make random names for all of each language?
    That is not a plausible reason, as the European version has localized language packs for each major region it is available

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Why would you want a random name in the first place.

If I had to play with randomly named characters it wouldn't really feel like "my" character.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~