Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Essence of the Vampyr Queen

So what are you doing when you get bitten, and you have to wait for SW:P to fall off. From what I have seen so far is that I have to wait for it completly fall off. Refreshing it with Mind Flay, or just recasting it does not increase the ticks for the buff.

Besides keeping the other dots up and MB on cd, do I just go and spam smite for a few casts??? Or do I just stand around and wand?

Re: Essence of the Vampyr Queen

Why not just re-cast it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt
    Why not just re-cast it?
    Ha, good call, I hear the distant sound of a palm hitting a forehead.

I tried that, it appears to still stay at the original cast...... Isn't it the same situation if you cast SW:P before you have a 5 stack of shadow weaving, that you have to wait for it to fall off to have the new SW:P go off the new buffs??? (Is this correct?)

Quote Originally Posted by Healthis
    , that you have to wait for it to fall off to have the new SW:P go off the new buffs??? (Is this correct?)
    You just recast it at 5 stacks or on a crit(no need for sp ones) proc, you don't have to w8 for it to fall off

15+ Year Old Account

There seems to be some confusion between re-application and refreshing. When your crit stat goes up, you can just re-apply the Pain and it should run unless it drops off, it shouldn't use the old values, since waiting for it to drop off would mean no Mind Flay filling which would plummet your DPS.

Dots and hots get benefit from whatever buffs / debuffs you had when casting em, and they will be benefitted from whatever buff/debuff there is active on target, when they are ticking.

Therefore, just press SW:P again, and it should be doing the 100% more dmg, and then press it again when your trinket procs.
    Insert Signature here!

So what are you doing when you get bitten, and you have to wait for SW:P to fall off. From what I have seen so far is that I have to wait for it completly fall off. Refreshing it with Mind Flay, or just recasting it does not increase the ticks for the buff.

Besides keeping the other dots up and MB on cd, do I just go and spam smite for a few casts??? Or do I just stand around and wand?

if you have the mana or your fiend up just slam your devouring plague key until SWPain drops off. obviously this will cost an ungodly amount of mana but it gives you a button to push until the old swpain falls off.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

I tried that, it appears to still stay at the original cast...... Isn't it the same situation if you cast SW:P before you have a 5 stack of shadow weaving, that you have to wait for it to fall off to have the new SW:P go off the new buffs??? (Is this correct?)
    I'm highly skeptical that this is the case... recasting SW:P forces the old SW:P to be removed and should update the % modifier buff/debuff you have on you at the time. What you may have done is cast SW:P early or thought you recast SW:P but didn't.

I'd suggest you do it again and double check your facts.

My priest seldom plays shadow these days, but I had supposed that the mechanics of SWP refresh via P&S would be similar to those of an affliction warlock's Corruption refresh via EA. This thread details those defining characteristics that are and are not refreshed for corruption. Are they that decidedly different for SWP?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by jonish

if you have the mana or your fiend up just slam your devouring plague key until SWPain drops off. obviously this will cost an ungodly amount of mana but it gives you a button to push until the old swpain falls off.
    I laughed for about 5 minutes straight and completely lost thought of what I was going to post. Recasting SW:P is the solution here.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    My priest seldom plays shadow these days, but I had supposed that the mechanics of SWP refresh via P&S would be similar to those of an affliction warlock's Corruption refresh via EA. This thread details those defining characteristics that are and are not refreshed for corruption. Are they that decidedly different for SWP?
    Pretty sure SP's "Corruption" is Devouring Plague and not SW:P.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc
    Nice spelling of vampire. O.o
    Nice troll.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Mistakes happen good sir. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    Double-troll. Nice job.

He HAS spelled Vampyr wrong, it IS vampire (but in this tooltip, Blizzard spelled it Vampyr, look at the tooltip of my link). The spell you linked is used in the Blood Princes fight.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

>.<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    Double-troll. Nice job.

He HAS spelled Vampyr wrong, it IS vampire (but in this tooltip, Blizzard spelled it Vampyr, look at the tooltip of my link). The spell you linked is used in the Blood Princes fight.
    Uh... vampires in WoW are Vampyr.

Your tooltip says:
    You are infused with the blood of the Vampyr Queen. Damage done increased by 100%.
    Attacks heal caster.

Way to fail friend.

I use the addon ShadowGreenLight and it helps a whole lot. Easy to see when your crit went up and when it is a good time to recast SW:P or it is better to just refresh with a Mindflay.

- Bani
    [flash=450,80]http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=Mug'thol&n=Banibaq&h?=.swf[/flash]

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    I had supposed that the mechanics of SWP refresh via P&S would be similar to those of an affliction warlock's Corruption refresh via EA.
    Quote Originally Posted by tet
    Pretty sure SP's "Corruption" is Devouring Plague and not SW:P.
    Shadow priests automatically refresh their SW:P, locks automatically refresh their Corruption. DP, despite also being a DoT, is not refreshed, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    Double-troll. Nice job.

I'm pretty sure tghe low damage values means its the old kingdom fight ^^

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the corruption and SW:P refresh mechanics are exactly the same. They use the same model, why sould they be different?