Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Essence of the Vampyr Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Pheromone
    I laughed for about 5 minutes straight and completely lost thought of what I was going to post. Recasting SW:P is the solution here.
    if you had actually read the first post he was looking for a solution for NOT recasting SWPain because as he said , it does not add the modifier unless the old SWPain drops off completely beforehand. wether this is true or not is up for debate but my solution was based on that assumption.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    if you had actually read the first post he was looking for a solution for NOT recasting SWPain because as he said , it does not add the modifier unless the old SWPain drops off completely beforehand. wether this is true or not is up for debate but my solution was based on that assumption.
    Assuming it is handled in a manner similar to a warlock's refreshed corruption, simply recasting will not treat it as a newly applied dot. It's a little easier for warlocks, where they can cast seed of corruption to remove the dot and then reapply it as a fresh one.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by jonish

Of course I actually read the post. Not recasting SW:P and letting it fall off is NOT a solution. I stand by what I said because the modifier situation is not up for debate, as you said, if recasting solves it.

I'll reiterate that im skeptical of the OP claim... I suggest he/she double check their facts next time they do the encounter, recasting SW:P to overwrite an existing SW:P should apply the damage modifier without it having to expire first.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I'll reiterate that im skeptical of the OP claim... I suggest he/she double check their facts next time they do the encounter, recasting SW:P to overwrite an existing SW:P should apply the damage modifier without it having to expire first.
    It absolutely will.