Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10, your offhand can be upgraded with a few different options. Not much to say about your spec, its cookie cutter disc.

i cant link yet with my post count but copy and past this.

My priest: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&cn=%C3%84yumi (Put www(dot) in front of the link b4 you hit enter or it wont work.)

enjoy.

Deleted
    8/10
    gear is ok in general, besides the few direct upgrades.
    the haste JC gems seem out of place to me. if you value haste over spell power why not change your spell power gems to haste?
    Also enchanting helm/shoulders for mp5 instead of crit. I can't believe you go oom with that gear level

your spec, interesting only taking 1/2 SoL. you know that SoL procs from multi target spells per spell, not per spell hit? so you have 25/50% per cast regardless of the spell.
    Your glyph choice seems odd too. looking at your spec i'd assume you're purely raid healing (no empowered healing) but you glyph flash heal? It would seem more logical to glyph PoH in this case, since it makes a big difference if you're casting it a lot.

Nothing offensive meant, just hoping to give some pointers. You have some very nice gear!

My armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Redsparrow

disclaimers: my main spec is shadow if you were wondering about the inconsistant gem in the cloak and boots

9/10

Your gear is pretty good, and I will assume that you have a spirit/sp gem for shadow. The only thing is alot of people undervalue solace, I personally prefer Solace to any of the other current trinkets.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kull&cn=Entrop

Quote Originally Posted by entr0p View Post
    9/10

Your gear is pretty good, and I will assume that you have a spirit/sp gem for shadow. The only thing is alot of people undervalue solace, I personally prefer Solace to any of the other current trinkets.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kull&cn=Entrop
    11/10 lol. I am jealous. What mount do you normally use?

Although I will say I find solace to be more situational. If you are not running OOM on a fight (going below 20%), you are better off switching it to althor's for more throughput.

im disc atm for LK and my Main spec is holy. i know i need to get a new neck and bracers. I have a cheap enchant on my staff because im not gonna have it long and i am buying wowhead.com/item=50997 when servers come back up.
    Would like some feed back. this toon hasn't been 80 long either
    wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&cn=Healingjr
    Sorry cant post links yet

Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    im disc atm for LK and my Main spec is holy. i know i need to get a new neck and bracers. I have a cheap enchant on my staff because im not gonna have it long and i am buying wowhead.com/item=50997 when servers come back up.
    Would like some feed back. this toon hasn't been 80 long either
    wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&cn=Healingjr
    Sorry cant post links yet

Definitely off to a good start! One thing I notice is that you are using spellpower/resilience shoulder/helm enchants. The spellpower/crit enchants, shoulder from Sons of Hodir, and Helm from Kirin Tor are the better options there. Also, you want to put a brilliant spellthread onto your pants. I would work on trying to get rid of your PvP pieces, potentially with crafted gear. Sandals of Consecration are extremely good, if you can afford them.

The Meta gem you should be using is the insightful earthsiege diamond (+21 Intellect and Chance to restore mana on spellcast), not the % int one.

Depending on your playstyle as holy, I might consider dropping empowered healing. If you find yourself using flash heal as your 'filler' spell, then maybe it is justifiable. If not, I would spec into blessed resilience for a global 3% increase on healing. Also, glyph of renew is pretty worthless at this stage of the game. With the 25% icc buff, alot of the renew ticks will be overhealing if used to blanket the raid, especially since there is less duration on it also.

Other than that, its looking pretty decent, overall 6/10. Off to the right start, gems look good from what you have.

For me - armory isn't working, but my character is Antie on the Thunderhorn server.
    here's a link to quickarmory if that isnt up at the time:
    http://quickarmory.com/?n=Antie&r=Thunderhorn

7/10

Gear looks good overall as long as you aren't doing any tank healing (haste is very low). I would take either Shadow Silk Spindle or Sundial of Eternal Dusk over that hit offhand, and would craft Leggings of Woven Death over the spirit ones you have. Also, I am not sure about heroic Trauma for Disc; I have it as my Disc offspec weapon too just for the pure SP, but the proc rate for Disc is awful. -1 point for not having JC levelled enough to get the profession bonus.

Mine:
    Squishyness - Suramar (US) - won't let me post the link

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    7/10

Gear looks good overall as long as you aren't doing any tank healing (haste is very low). I would take either Shadow Silk Spindle or Sundial of Eternal Dusk over that hit offhand, and would craft Leggings of Woven Death over the spirit ones you have. Also, I am not sure about heroic Trauma for Disc; I have it as my Disc offspec weapon too just for the pure SP, but the proc rate for Disc is awful. -1 point for not having JC levelled enough to get the profession bonus.

Mine:
    Squishyness - Suramar (US) - won't let me post the link
    First of all, look at my gear, I have 3 dragonseyes. How on earth do I not have JC leveled enough to get the bonus? Second of all, my role in 25m is to cover the raid with bubbles, therefore my gear is perfect for what I am doing. The hit offhand has the most raw spellpower for an offhand. Spellpower is the only attribute that directly helps shields, therefore everything else is pretty worthless. Legs, again, are a spellpower upgrade therefore they are better. Stats from other MH's go to waste therefore the proc on trauma is the best option for more throughput.

If you are going to try to judge, I recommend you understand the class's role prior to posting inaccurate judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by Antie View Post
    First of all, look at my gear, I have 3 dragonseyes. How on earth do I not have JC leveled enough to get the bonus? Second of all, my role in 25m is to cover the raid with bubbles, therefore my gear is perfect for what I am doing. The hit offhand has the most raw spellpower for an offhand. Spellpower is the only attribute that directly helps shields, therefore everything else is pretty worthless. Legs, again, are a spellpower upgrade therefore they are better. Stats from other MH's go to waste therefore the proc on trauma is the best option for more throughput.

If you are going to try to judge, I recommend you understand the class's role prior to posting inaccurate judgments.
    It must be a case of armory acting up, because it was showing you without dragons' eye gems and at 379 JC, so probably everything I posted is an error then.

Not to mention, if you want to be judged based on your specific role, then you might want to specify initially it is for pure 25 man shield spam in your post and that you never tank heal; otherwise we have to go off assumptions.

Thats fine, I will keep that in mind posting next time. I always say for people "If you do this role, then things are great, but if you do this other role, I'd suggest doing this"

Sorry to have come off hostile, if that's how you interpreted it.

Don't go completely berserk on me, I just dinged 80 on my priest, and I'm still trying to figure out what gems/talents etc. to use. Main spec is disc, off spec - shadow.
    Please help me a little bit on the way on what stats I should aim on right now and later on.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Morph%E9us

link doesnt seem to work right now, anyways, im named Morphéus on Twilight's hammer.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onbeatable View Post
    Don't go completely berserk on me, I just dinged 80 on my priest, and I'm still trying to figure out what gems/talents etc. to use. Main spec is disc, off spec - shadow.
    Please help me a little bit on the way on what stats I should aim on right now and later on.

link doesnt seem to work right now, anyways, im named Morphéus on Twilight's hammer.

Thanks!
    You've got the right ideas. I'm not going to give you a number based score, but you definitely need some work with gear. Yes, I'm 100% aware you just hit 80! :P

Get those epic gems, they are cheap and easy to get nowadays. Use Purified Dreadstone if you are going for a blue socket bonus. Runed Cardinal Ruby for red. Brilliant King's Amber for yellow until you are at a comfortable mana level then you can switch to Luminous Ametrine. When you get a head piece asking for a meta, go with Insightful Earthsiege Diamond. Most of your gear appears to be missing enchants. See below:

• Helm: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries - Kirin Tor Revered
    • Shoulders: Greater Inscription of the Storm - Sons of Hodir Exalted
      • Inscription - Master's Inscription of the Storm
    • Cloak: Greater Speed
      • Enchanting - Lightweave Embroidery
      • Engineering - Springy Arachnoweave
    • Chest: Powerful Stats
    • Bracers: Superior Spellpower
      • Leatherworking - Fur Lining
    • Hands: Exceptional Spellpower
      • Engineering - Hyperspeed Accelerators
    • Legs: Brilliant Spellthread - Tailor craft
    • Belt: Eternal Belt Buckle - Blacksmith craft
    • Boots: Tuskarr's Vitality
      • Engineering - Nitro Boosts
    • Rings: Enchanting - Greater Spellpower
    • Weapon: Mighty Spellpower
    • Staff: Greater Spellpower

This is my quick view on stats for Discipline healing. This is from a 10-man perspective for me though.

• Spell Power - This stat is king for discipline! The higher your spell power the bigger your heals and absorbs. Love it!
    • Intellect - The more intellect you have, the more mana you have and the higher return you get from Rapture. (Rapture is what will regen most of your mana, talent). As well, intellect converts to crit at a rate of 132 intellect = 1% crit fully raid buffed. As a Disc priest, you love Intellect.
    • Crit rating - The sky is the limit for crit. For every crit you make with a direct heal Divine Aegis is cast on the target. Divine Aegis stacks up to 10k hp on a level 80 target.
    • Haste - A useful stat, but not one you should actively seek or gem for. Many disc spells are instant cast which do not benefit from haste.
    • Mp5 - Don't gem for Mp5, however you also don't need to shy away from it when it's on items.
    • Spirit - For discipline priests only, Spirit is just a "O.K." stat. Unlike holy priests, discipline priests don't have a spellpower gain from spirit.

I can't post links, because I am a noob to this forum and it wont let me yet, but there is a sticky in this very forum that discusses talent builds. Your spec is spot on though. There are tons of priest blogs and priest help sites out there to get you more familiar and started on the right path. Again, I can't post links. Just do some googling. You're on the right track, keep it up!

EDIT: oh and get some damn professions man! I totally skipped over that.

My armory link is in my signature below. Just a note: I raid 10-mans and nothing more, I have no intention to bubble spamming a 25-man raid and my gear choices reflect that. My character is tailored for 10-man raiding, not 25-man.
    Last edited by Karfragnor; 2010-07-06 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    It must be a case of armory acting up, because it was showing you without dragons' eye gems and at 379 JC, so probably everything I posted is an error then.

Not to mention, if you want to be judged based on your specific role, then you might want to specify initially it is for pure 25 man shield spam in your post and that you never tank heal; otherwise we have to go off assumptions.
    Shouldn't that assumption be that out of 4 healers disc is the worst possible to be solely tank healing and that it is most likely that this person is a raid healer?

Karf, thanks a lot for your help! Appreciate it!

Check my armory in my signature. I raid only 10 heroics so that's the only gear I have access to. I have normally been all holy but moving towards disc in preparation for lk heroic soon.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I'll take on Karf first since he has been fogotten:
    Well, as you said you have no intention to bubble spam, but I really don't think that should keep you away from getting tier hands and pants, all you loose is a minor amount of sp and then swap some crit for the sake of spirit (both stats are arguably useless), but it's your choice and your gear lineup does look really neat. But, I see a lot on inconsistancy in your gemming; your chest and pants have the same socket layout and bonus, yet you gem them differently, same goes for your hands and feet, and you have chosen to actaive a 7sp blue socket with a purple gem in your belt, but not your 9sp blue socket in your head.

Varaben: you logged out in your shadow spec and gear, but I can comment on that if you don' mind ^^
    Well, short version is to get 4p tier10, other than that please go over your gems, those sp/int gems are just not right (I'm of course only thinking of those you dropped in your hit gear, since you might be using some of the none-hit oieces in your healing gear) and your gemming in your legs should be swapped to sp/haste + sp/spi so that you get the socket bonus. Your head and shoulder enchants should also be replaced to the dp/crit versions and it's a really good idea to have runspeed on your feet (that goes for shadow as well for healing). Please get 10 stats on your chest.

Here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ull&cn=Hushkin
    I do as most Disc priestess and favor spellpower the highest, other than that I have been picking up as many haste/regen pieces as possible due to 2 things: I find crit rather useless and random (and it's way better spend on the dpeses imo) and I like to be able to dish out fast heals whenever I actually have to go there; I find it helps counter that disc heals is'nt scaling as well as others healer's healing.
    Last edited by Hushkoon; 2010-07-10 at 11:50 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    11/10 lol. I am jealous. What mount do you normally use?

Although I will say I find solace to be more situational. If you are not running OOM on a fight (going below 20%), you are better off switching it to althor's for more throughput.
    I would say that especialy for disc i'd drop the solaces. nevertheless 3800~spellpower unbuffed, full as good as full bis for disc (only need spellpower anyway) 25% buff, yeah you can neglect the extra spellpower from the trinkets i'd chose.

*just a random reply on this*

I do as most Disc priestess and favor spellpower the highest, other than that I have been picking up as many haste/regen pieces as possible due to 2 things: I find crit rather useless and random (and it's way better spend on the dpeses imo) and I like to be able to dish out fast heals whenever I actually have to go there; I find it helps counter that disc heals is'nt scaling as well as others healer's healing.
    Trauma? .... as for your crit arguement, if your progressing on lk25hc, haste is useless and crit will benefit you more (the pw:s glyph is a nice extra buffer in some occasions)

You got my tabard.. fffff
    Last edited by Waterwings; 2010-07-10 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings View Post
    Trauma? .... as for your crit arguement, if your progressing on lk25hc, haste is useless and crit will benefit you more (the pw:s glyph is a nice extra buffer in some occasions)

You got my tabard.. fffff
    I got both Trauma and Frozen Bonespike, swap them around depending on the fight, but you can put it like this; crit + spirit (which are not very beneficial no matter how you want to twist and bend it) vs. the chance to get a HoT out in a cluster of players on aura fights.

Your argument about crit being better when progressing on LK HC is just laughable; PW:S does the job at controlling Infest and the "nice extra buffer" you talk about is just not needed and is of course also random as hell. As far as I recall a PW:S Glyph crit will grant you a 1k DA on the target, not something I see saving my day or any situation gone bad, but being able to respond quickly and firm with fast heals whenever something goes not as planned, is something I find extremely handy, almost a must.

There are numerous situations on especially LK HC where having loads of haste will come in handy; abnormal damage taken by the raid during trasition phases (PoH), Holy Paladin dieing (haste prevails so much better at tank healing/assisting than crit does), Infest ticks on the raid/on a few single targets (PoH + Divine Hymn /Penance + FH or GH) and last but not least, healing in the Frostmourne room (PoH + Nova).

Tabard, ahhmm, all I got is this fancy shirt ^^

Anyways, as a little kick in the teeth; it's hard taking you serious, seeing you still run with the FH GLyph.... (I'm being serious here)
    Last edited by Hushkoon; 2010-07-10 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushkoon View Post
    I'll take on Karf first since he has been fogotten:
    Well, as you said you have no intention to bubble spam, but I really don't think that should keep you away from getting tier hands and pants, all you loose is a minor amount of sp and then swap some crit for the sake of spirit (both stats are arguably useless), but it's your choice and your gear lineup does look really neat. But, I see a lot on inconsistancy in your gemming; your chest and pants have the same socket layout and bonus, yet you gem them differently, same goes for your hands and feet, and you have chosen to actaive a 7sp blue socket with a purple gem in your belt, but not your 9sp blue socket in your head.

Varaben: you logged out in your shadow spec and gear, but I can raid that if you don' mind ^^
    Well, short version is to get 4p tier10, other than that please go over your gems, those sp/int gems are just not right (I'm of course only thinking of those you dropped in your hit gear, since you might be using some of the none-hit oieces in your healing gear) and your gemming in your legs should be swapped to sp/haste + sp/spi so that you get the socket bonus. Your head and shoulder enchants should also be replaced to the dp/crit versions and it's a really good idea to have runspeed on your feet (that goes for shadow as well for healing). Please get 10 stats on your chest.

Well i WAS logged out in healing gear but you replied 24 hours after mine
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Well i WAS logged out in healing gear but you replied 24 hours after mine
    Well, stay logged out in healing gear then, how else do you think people will be able to comment on it :P
    Anyways, I'll happily go and post my comments if you are logged out in your healing gear now.