Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Priest] Shadow 3.3 Gear List.

This is a current 3.3 list of what I personally consider the ultimate in itemization. This reflects my opinion and theory crafting and I really hope to hear some great feedback and gear choices that you guys are aiming for come Heroic content.

Thought I would add a quick link to Simcraft to this list if you are new to spriest this is very helpful. http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

Here is a Stat List(ungemmed) for a set including all options listed individually and where there are more than one options:
    Frozen Bonespike
    Blood Queen's Crimson Choker
    The Lady's Brittle Bracers
    Plaguebringer's Stained Pants
    Rep Ring and Rapid Ascent
    Heroic Dislodged and Heroic Phylactery

"I've made a setup for our BiS gear, which is hitcapped if you are alliance and short by 6 hit if you are horde. For the gear where no socketboni are available I assumed 5sp for 1 socket, 7sp for 2 sockets and 9 sp for three sockets since that has been common on most pieces of gear."

Izolight http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24912 (Give credit where credit is due) Obviously we both came up with the same list and since it was pointed out where the other was posted I will post his stats for the set since he accounted for gems and I added the haste for Heroic Phy from my list.

SP: 3431
    Hit: 289
    Crit: 1246 (38.65%)
    Haste: 1167 (35.59%)
    Int: 1591
    Stamina: 1547
    Spirit: 328

Gear Choices:

Helm:
    [Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Cowl]
    [30 Sp / 20 Crit]
    [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond]

Neck:
    [Blood Queen's Crimson Choker] (This is showing a yellow socket for me, perhaps wowhead's mistake?)
    [Amulet of Silent Eulogy] (This is great for itemization and will keep you away from ANY hit gems)

Shoulders:
    [Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Mantle]
    [24 Sp / 15 Crit]

Cloak:
    [Frostbinder's Shredded Cape]
    [23 Haste]

Chest:
    [Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Raiments]

Wrists: There are a few options here. Awkwardly Bejeweled are still scaling very high. I recommend with this full gear set up you move to one of the other options though. For this particular build you need the Brittle Bracers option to reach hit cap.
    [Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers]
    [Armbands of the Ashen Saint]
    [The Lady's Brittle Bracers]

Gloves: These may appear less appealing than the Crit/Haste/Sp Gloves like Handwraps of Lifeless Touch but the method to this madness is simply to keep 4pc set while itemizing the best possible to reach hit cap.
    [Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Handwraps]

Belt:
    [Crushing Coldwraith Belt]

Pants: If you are taking Queen's neck the hit pants listed below are a great option.
    [Leggings of Woven Death]
    [Plaguebringer's Stained Pants]
    [50 Spellpower / 20 Spirit]

Feet:
    [Plague Scientist's Boots]

Rings: There is a hit one included if you are still working on that stat via itemization.
    [Ashen Band of Endless Destruction]

[Valanar's Other Signet Ring]

[Ring of Rapid Ascent]

Trinkets: There are a few options here.
    [Phylactery of the Nameless Lich] H

[Phylactery of the Nameless Lich]

[Dislodged Foreign Object] H

[Dislodged Foreign Object]

[Muradin's Spyglass] H

[Muradin's Spyglass]

[Reign of the Unliving]

Main Hand: Frozen Bonespike is coming out on top but if you are having trouble meeting hit cap Barb of Tarasque reigns supreme.
    [Frozen Bonespike]
    [Barb of Tarasque]

Off-hand:
    [Shadow Silk Spindle]

Staff:
    [Dying Light]

Wand:
    [Corpse-Impaling Spike]

GEM CHOICES: It is becoming ever popular to keep all socket bonuses in gear so I made a list of gems for which you may choose. A lot of priests consider it taboo to keep a 5 spell power socket bonus and I usually don't myself but I certainly can't make you change the way you gem.
    [Purified Dreadstone]
    [Reckless Ametrine]
    [Intricate Eye of Zul]
    [Quick King's Amber]
    [Runed Cardinal Ruby]

Worshaka has a post here regarding Shadow DPS and has a Simcraft breakdown of stat weighing.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pr...hadow-dps-101/

If you do the math on a few of these gear combinations(depending on what dropped for you) you will find out that there is 9 hit point deficit if you use Queen's neck and Crafted pants. Obviously you would not want to swap an entire item for 9 hit rating, this would not be optimal for any caster. It is therefore ideal to pick up one Ametrine to solve this. If you opt to go with Dying Light you will also run into a few hit discrepancies. This can be solved via [Deathfrost Boots], [Belt of Omission], or even [Snapper Extreme]. Also if you use the Amulet neck listed above you will be in the clear for hit.

I realize this is list Heroic content gear and is more literally a BIS list due to current item levels but do your best to get your hands on what you can. There are some really great items that are not on the list and if you come across them utilize them in your gear set as you see fit. I obviously do not have Lich King gear listed here because it is not readily available to me(unless you know something I don't) so it will be updated as I come across it.

If requested I will add some more easily attainable items for priests that raid a bit more casually. I just wanted to get a master list out to begin with.

Thanks for the read!

Re: [Priest] Shadow 3.3 Gear List.

This is the best gear list I have ever seen and as I read it my nipples became erect. I like that you're correcting Wowhead. I think you should run their website.

Why don't you call me back anymore?

thanks for linking heroics items that are yet to be unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by kinka
    thanks for linking heroics items that are yet to be unlocked
    Hmm not really true. The items are in the game just not at that stat level. You can still see them. But thanks!

Also did you even read what I said?

"I realize this is list Heroic content gear and is more literally a BIS list due to current item levels but do your best to get your hands on what you can."

But again, Thanks for your input :P

not till lich king is released and killed =P

not till lich king is released and killed =P
    Wait what? These items are all in game...lol

so ur saying u can go do icc 10 and 25 heroic right now?

so ur saying u can go do icc 10 and 25 heroic right now?
    No but the regular form of each is in game. And you can already see the stats of the heroic at your respective vendor. None of this gear actually drops off Lich King.

You have to remember that most of the people reading this list are still farming 10 Ulduar and won't even know how to get inside the Citadel doors until the level cap is 120. Posting links to heroic ICC pieces on this board is like eating a steak in front of a starving dog.

i didnt say it dropped off lich... i said u cant get those heroic items untill lichking is killed to unlock heroic mode

i said u cant get those heroic items untill lichking is killed to unlock heroic mode
    k so then wait?

i didnt say it dropped off lich... i said u cant get those heroic items untill lichking is killed to unlock heroic mode
    I never argued that But that is just around the corner!

You missed the best trinket there is, dislodged foreign object, dropping off of Rotface!

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    You missed the best trinket there is, dislodged foreign object, dropping off of Rotface!
    GASP! Ty so much. It's on my list I just forgot to add it.

What are the stats on that set?

Plus that article is quite wrong too. How they calculated the set bonus is not how it is done. The set bonus comes before any haste calculations so the calculations are actually:

* Haste% = ((Base Cast Time / Desired Cast Time) – 1) * 100
    * Haste% = ( (2.5 / 1.83) – 1 ) * 100
    * Haste% = 0.3661 * 100
    * Haste% = 36.61% or 1201 Haste Rating

Add in 5% from Wrath of Air and Imp Moonkin and you get 26.32% needed or 863 haste rating.

And finally, just limiting yourself to a "MF haste cap" will limit your dps.

The article was presented to me to add to the list and was basically as a read. I personally have around 1030 haste in my shadow gear so it's become irrelevant and with the gear choices presented you will be well over that aim regardless.

I do appreciate the math you added and will gladly add if you like. The MF haste cap doesn't really interest me. As for that stats request I can give you one ungemmed if you are interested.

Go ahead if you want, and it would be appreciated if you do post the stats even if it is the non-gem one.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Go ahead if you want, and it would be appreciated if you do post the stats even if it is the non-gem one.
    The main reason I didn't is because I have a few different options in some slots. I will post the main set stats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheromone
    The article was presented to me to add to the list and was basically as a read. I personally have around 1030 haste in my shadow gear so it's become irrelevant and with the gear choices presented you will be well over that aim regardless.

I do appreciate the math you added and will gladly add if you like. The MF haste cap doesn't really interest me. As for that stats request I can give you one ungemmed if you are interested.

The haste aim is bogus, I suggest everyone read this article which shows haste to have linear returns well beyon 779 and pretty much up to any concievable haste rating from available gear.

Haste caps or soft caps have always been a pet hate of mine, they don't really exist or at least don't exist to the degree they are talked about by those who don't really understand the haste mechanic. For those who don't know, crit has diminishing returns with the relationship to DPS, that means a change from 1% crit to 2% crit has more of a DPS effect than one from 50% to 51%. Haste on the other hand provides a linear DPS return, ie. 1% to 2% haste has the same effect as 50% to 51%. It does get a lot more complex than that for shadow, particularly pre 3.2, but at the end of the day more haste = more DPS, a cap implies that more of the stat has 0 effect which has never been the case for reachable levels of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    The haste aim is bogus, I suggest everyone read this article which shows haste to have linear returns well beyon 779 and pretty much up to any concievable haste rating from available gear.

Haste caps or soft caps have always been a pet hate of mine, they don't really exist or at least don't exist to the degree they are talked about by those who don't really understand the haste mechanic. For those who don't know, crit has diminishing returns with the relationship to DPS, that means a change from 1% crit to 2% crit has more of a DPS effect than one from 50% to 51%. Haste on the other hand provides a linear DPS return, ie. 1% to 2% haste has the same effect as 50% to 51%. It does get a lot more complex than that for shadow, particularly pre 3.2, but at the end of the day more haste = more DPS, a cap implies that more of the stat has 0 effect which has never been the case for reachable levels of haste.
    I agree completely at the article. I consider myself a tad addicted to haste and I always come across someone that wants to veer me off my path but it's just a lack of understanding. As for the 1-2 and 50 51 percents for haste. It's DR.

I removed the controversial blog regardless of my personal interest in reading it. Call me sadistic but I enjoy the good posts as much as the bad. :P I by all means do not want any fresh faced Spriests running around thinking ridiculous things!