Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Priest] Shadow 3.3 Gear List.

*cough* I do appreciate OP's effort and all in putting this together, but there is an extremely definitive shadow gear list at http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelthala
    *cough* I do appreciate OP's effort and all in putting this together, but there is an extremely definitive shadow gear list at http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134.
    Yea, funny thing. I put this together for our guilds priest forums and spend a lot of time on MMO so decided to share it here. I have never really had to venture to shadowpriest.com I'm more of an EJ person but thanks for sharing! I do believe that list is missing one trinket but no harm no foul.

Parts of my post are taken from shadowpriest.com:

These are the top BiS sets. You can get some pretty decent sets with a variety of items.

#1 BiS list known so far: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=19501640
    Simcraft DPS: 11149
    Neck: Amulet of the Silent Eulogy
    Hand: Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Handwraps
    Waist: Crushing Coldwraith Belt
    Leg: Leggings of Woven Death
    Feet: Plague Scientist's Boots
    Finger: Valanar's Other Signet Ring
    Raw Hit: 258

Simcraft DPS: 11140
    Hand: Gloves of False Gestures
    Leg: Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Pants
    Raw Hit: 278

Simcraft DPS: 11120
    Hand: Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Handwraps
    Leg: Leggings of Woven Death
    Feet: Deathfrost Boots
    Finger: Ring of Rapid Ascent
    Raw Hit: 284

Simcraft DPS: 11110
    Neck: Blood Queen's Crimson Choker
    Hand: Gunship Captain's Mittens
    Raw Hit: 290

Simcraft DPS: 11110
    Hand: Gloves of False Gestures
    Waist: Belt of Omission
    Finger: Ring of Rapid Ascent
    Raw Hit: 304

This basically shows the simcrafted DPS of each set, as you can see they are generally all pretty close, and you should try gear for any of these 5 gearsets shown depending on the type of gear you can get. Obviously these gearsets dont show you all the items for your actual gearset, they only show the non-set pieces and those needed for the hit, or even the debatable pieces; the rest of the gearset is:

Head Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Cowl
    Shoulder Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Mantle
    Chest Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Raiments
    Wrist The Lady's Brittle Bracers
    Finger 1 Ashen Band of Endless Destruction
    Back Frostbinder's Shredded Cape
    Wand Corpse-Impaling Spike
    Main Hand Frozen Bonespike
    Off Hand Shadow Silk Spindle
    Trinket 1 Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    Trinket 2 Dislodged Foreign Object

Personally i am going with - http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20633621, it has a higher dps than the top gearset there but this is only because i actualy have that cape.

Please do note that these gearsets exclude ANY hardmodes, if you want a hardmode gearset i can make one if your interested.

I use simcraft as well but really wanted the list to include highlighted items that people could hover over and take a look at immediate stats. But those lists are great and I will gladly incorporate some NON hardmode options into the OP if requested in the same manner the Heroic options are listed.

I know that they were going to up the proc chance of Nibelung, but has it been patched? And if so, how does it compare to MH + OH?

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I know that they were going to up the proc chance of Nibelung, but has it been patched? And if so, how does it compare to MH + OH?
    Nibelung to my knowledge has not been simcrafted properly, what i mean is that it is very hard to simcraft the dps of this particular proc due to the nature of it. According to the reports it is generally agreed that on stand still dps fights or fights where there is little/no AOE damage that kill the Valkyr the proc is worth between 100-200dps. As you can see yes it is better on stand still fights opposed to the MH+OH combo. Saying this though there are not many fights where the Valkyr have a 90%+ chance of survival; the only fight that i can pretty much guarante that Nibelung will out dps a MH+OH combo is Saurfang.

Again its not a big loss/gain either way so its up to your own discretion on what to use and what not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Nibelung to my knowledge has not been simcrafted properly, what i mean is that it is very hard to simcraft the dps of this particular proc due to the nature of it. According to the reports it is generally agreed that on stand still dps fights or fights where there is little/no AOE damage that kill the Valkyr the proc is worth between 100-200dps. As you can see yes it is better on stand still fights opposed to the MH+OH combo. Saying this though there are not many fights where the Valkyr have a 90%+ chance of survival; the only fight that i can pretty much guarante that Nibelung will out dps a MH+OH combo is Saurfang.

Again its not a big loss/gain either way so its up to your own discretion on what to use and what not to use.
    I have nibelung and the val'kyr dont take the AoE damage in festergut... so i'm of the impression their survivability isn't a big issue.

However, the proc is extremely prone to RNG, you can get 3 proc at once and then not have a proc for 2 encounters... due to how unreliable the proc is I prefer a weapon that provides a consistent DPS increase instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheromone
    I have never really had to venture to shadowpriest.com I'm more of an EJ person but thanks for sharing!
    Make the trip. EJ is very, very good. shadowpriest.com is the spriest bible.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

On the topic of gemming, PP values for the gems:

Runed Cardinal Ruby (23 sp) = 23
    Purified Dreadstone (12 sp, 10 spirit) = 17.9
    Reckless Ametrine (12 sp, 10 haste) =21.8

Hence:

Red Sockets: Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Yellow Socket with a socket bonus of 2 sp or higher: Reckless Ametrine
    Blue socket with a socket bonus of 5 sp or higher: Purified Dreadstone

So technically, there is actually no reason at all to not gem for the socket bonuses, unless your socket bonus is +intellect (which is quite rare today!).

People seem to have forgot the considerable buff to the spellpower<->spirit conversion.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    These are the top BiS sets. You can get some pretty decent sets with a variety of items.

Personally i am going with - http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20633621, it has a higher dps than the top gearset there but this is only because i actualy have that cape.
    How come and you see as viable a set with 24hit less than mandatory cap?
    Add Brittle Bracers to your set and its ok.

It's basically my wishlist but with heroics in it. I've based mine off things I know I have a shot at getting being in a casual guild and all. also, I have nibelung in my list because it looks great and I like it, don't care if it's good or not. and besides, nobody wants it anyway.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20731432#inventory

the trinkets are ofcourse a concern for me. I'd like muradin's spyglass but I don't think I'll have time to join a icc10 since I'm mostly free in the daytime, not evenings. the tierpieces are only level 251 however but that's easily arranged if you want to check out final stats with whatever pieces you want. and besides, the 264 version has less attractive colouring.
    the wand is a bit dodgy too, the heroic version has lesser stats than the normal version on wowhead... and it looks liek a icc10 option so I suppose it should be replaced by corpse-impaling spike. it takes me 3 rating below the hitcap though, but since I think my first tierupgrade might be the gloves anyway it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    How come and you see as viable a set with 24hit less than mandatory cap?
    Add Brittle Bracers to your set and its ok.
    I raid with like 15 female draeneis

10+ Year Old Account

Lucky guy, moar draneis

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Make the trip. EJ is very, very good. shadowpriest.com is the spriest bible.
    Bible to some but I did manage to come up with the same list myself as I'm sure most knowledgeable spreists can so it's more of a checks and balances.