conserning gems and pvp spec hunter pvp

i have some questions about gemming a pvp hunter

was just wondering does a survival hunter need spell penetration in his arsenal or not at all as a survival hunter i noticed some hunters doing it tho din't know if this was the right choice to make since i went all agility.

and another question about the marksman tree in pvp, i went marksman as a full pvp spec and specced in all the right talents marked for death etc tho i noticed that my dps was kinda crap compared to survival, tho he was still gemmed all agility is this right for marksman or does marksman need full attack power or spell pen aswel?

and yes i know my writing isnt all that, or that i may be a noob for asking this stuff but wel i thought better ask help to improve then stay out of the blue and know nothing at all about a decent pvp spec.

so for people that wanne go learn2play noob or whatever best to keep your coments to yourself since the have no use here

10+ Year Old Account

Re: conserning gems and pvp spec hunter pvp

You really can't measure effectiveness in PVP by *just* DPS. I prefer MM because it has more tricks up their sleeve than just "trigger LnL and tear their face off".

And improve your writing. Type slower and check for obvious spelling mistakes.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Yes, as SV PvP you should gem 75 Spell Pen, to get through the added resistance provided by MotW.

As for different specs - SV and MM are both perfectly viable specs. I'd have to say that MM is harder to perfect, but has a higher ceiling once you do perfect it. MM isn't about straight burst as much it is about control.

As survival you DO need around 80 spell penetration in order to get around troublesome mages.

As marksmen you DO NOT need any spell penetration considering you damage is all physical or bleeds, with the exception of arcane shot and serpent sting.

As for dps in pvp its indifferent, it's really all about what you can perform well as. I arena and bg's as mm on my hunter(2150 3's PhD comp)

If you are survival, I'd suggest spell pen to cloak and a few epic blue gems until you're around 80

Quote Originally Posted by Toas
    Yes, as SV PvP you should gem 75 Spell Pen, to get through the added resistance provided by MotW.

As for different specs - SV and MM are both perfectly viable specs. I'd have to say that MM is harder to perfect, but has a higher ceiling once you do perfect it. MM isn't about straight burst as much it is about control.
    This is fairly on target, though the numbers indicate that having +75 spell pen is also beneficial for MM hunters.

Personally I prefer to stack stam/res when wading into the BGs, and on the rare occasions my wife will do arena with me, I swap out to get a lot more RAP (gemming for agi primarily, much as would a PvE hunter).
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonelkitten
    As marksmen you DO NOT need any spell penetration considering you damage is all physical or bleeds, with the exception of arcane shot and serpent sting.
    Both parts of chimera deal nature damage.