Dungeons for Priest gear

Hiya all fellow members,

Currently my lvl 74 SP has been using gear gathered from normal questing and a couple PUG dungeons. I was wonder what normal/heroic dungeons i should be working to better "gear-up" in preperation for lvl 80 raids/dungeons. should i just stay with what i'm picking up until i get to 80 and then work it hard then, or really concentrate on getting better gear now. i'd like not to have to buy the items if possible since i'm still 2k away from flying mount and want to save money for that. Thx.

Re: Dungeons for Priest gear

I also have a priest lvling in Northrnd atm and the best thing i can think of(is what im doing) is just pick up what you can till lvl 78 then have a tailor craft you the full frost savage gear and thatll be enough to start you off.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say don't worry about it too much, level at your steady pace and pick up gear from dungeons if you decide to. My friend recently levelled his Priest up, just did quests to 80 and then spammed the new LFG system, the day after dinging 80, he was in shiney T9 gear.

So, long story short: Level up then work on gear through random dungeons, you'll be able to heal some, if you can't then leave and try again (be it an easier dungeon or a better group/geared tank), you can really get away with doing an instance without heavy healing. Okay, not short, but yeah, hope it helps.

Thanx for the info, i'm sorta happy with the gear i have collected so far. i've crit for 3.2k a few times in self-buffed play and seem to handle most mobs 2-3 lvls higher without going oom. should i be selecting most gear based on spellpower>spirit>int>hit? thats the basic criteria for swapping gear right now. this is my current char info.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Lifesaver

For lvling sp/int/spirit/hit sounds about right (could be off but its close enough ) 1 thing id like to add though is try to do more dungeons because alot of your gear looks like its from outlands still and i see some pieces with no intell at all. With my priest in shadow i never never go oom so yeah try to work in afew more instances and dont use stam/spirit gear unless u really have to.

I'd say stick with tbc gear, it's great.
    every player leveling up should run one or two times through ramparts/slave pens/blood furnace or similiar instances that has gear loaded with sockets. even green gems will make these pieces viable throughout your last 20 levels, blue gems are even better although scarlet rubies (which you'll want the most) are often sellable or transmutable into cardinal rubies so I always stick with the green gems.

worrying about gear takes time away from leveling, especially if you look at the AH. with the new lfg system I'd guess instancing is a good way to level up but I don't have any experience in it so don't take my word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    I'd say stick with tbc gear, it's great.
    every player leveling up should run one or two times through ramparts/slave pens/blood furnace or similiar instances that has gear loaded with sockets. even green gems will make these pieces viable throughout your last 20 levels, blue gems are even better although scarlet rubies (which you'll want the most) are often sellable or transmutable into cardinal rubies so I always stick with the green gems.

worrying about gear takes time away from leveling, especially if you look at the AH. with the new lfg system I'd guess instancing is a good way to level up but I don't have any experience in it so don't take my word for that.
    R U serious?? hes lvl 74 right now.....TBC gear sucks compared to any northrend greens/blues. Even blizz said when Wrath came out that the first northrend greens you get are on par if not better than kara lvl epics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamer91
    R U serious?? hes lvl 74 right now.....TBC gear sucks compared to any northrend greens/blues. Even blizz said when Wrath came out that the first northrend greens you get are on par if not better than kara lvl epics.
    I only said the gear he had was good enough for northrend leveling.
    then I made a comment about people who are not yet in northrend but rather are venturing into outland.
    to do a quick compare I looked up a leatheritem that dropped in ramparts with sockets, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24063 and since it was a belt I looked up another belt that's a questreward in howling fjord, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35893
    the ramparts one comes up to 107 attack power but a little less crit (agility) and the howling fjord one has 90 ap. I compared two mailleggings first and they came up on top too.
    my point is that sockets are so frickin overpowered when leveling from outland since even the green wotlk-gems are better than epic bc ones.

I have leveled toons (three I think) through outlands after the release of wotlk and I found that the early socketed outlandsgear will last you a lifetime... or at least until level 76.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23507 is also a great example of great gear that is easily obtainable, although now there is little use of it since the arrival of the chestpieces that are heirlooms. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23508 from the same set beats imo http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37478 awarded in borean tundra.

I suggest you make sure to do a radnom dungeon at least once a day.

The rewards from the satchel is simply too good not to consider getting and you get your 2 daily emblems of triumph while leveling.

I just started leveling a priest (again ) almost only through dungeons. Just hit 60 yesterday.

Sometimes it can be a total waste of time, especially with all the dk's(they think they can pull everything and live through it with rune tap etc) that blooms during these end vanilla lvl's.

Other times its great and makes you ready for some questing again. I find it as great diversity.

As for what stats you should go for, it's pretty much this: Spellpower -> Haste - Spirit -> Crit. Intellect comes with everything and while it's not bad to pick up any hit pieces it's not really necessary until you hit 80.