Poll: Would YOU miss Battleground PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Would YOU miss Battleground PvP?

Pure PvE servers coming this way please?

I hate PvP due to ruining class-fixes for PvE. Battlegrounds was the cause of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    Pure PvE servers coming this way please?

I hate PvP due to ruining class-fixes for PvE. Battlegrounds was the cause of this.
    No, no and NO.

It was for the full 100% because of Arena. Blizzard hasn't ever made a class change purely/solely for BG's...

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    bgs are more PvP than arena. I still dont understand how the sandbox PvP is so popular among a minority.
    i like arena as well and play it except at new content but i never rly liked that there is a small room and only stealthers get to pick their fight
    i can explain this to you:

its people like me, who played games like starcraft, wc3 and so on before.... so competetive 1on1 or 2on2 games.
    and i like to get ranking, i like to kick other players asses, and i like it to play with only 1 oder 2 friends and i dont neeed a bunch of morons, to take part in pve.

if battlegrounds wouldnt have a quetime of 30 minutes or more, if you would get rating for them... and so on, it would be on an other piece of paper..

but battlegrounds like they are today, have not much to do with pvp. i mean, the high equipped people are farming everything else in their pve gear, because they 1-hit everything.

50% of the people are afk, or brain afk. just standing around or doing stupid things, like tapping the last graveyard of the alliance, so that they respawn in their base.
    its really no fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon
    BGs are the most potent, focused incarnation of the pvp spirit of Warcraft within this MMO.

I'm not going to hate on Arenas, except to objectively point out that this e-sport is unintendedly disharmonious with said spirit. Are arena players skilled? Absolutely. Is it Warcraft? I'm afraid not.

Defending resources, skirmishes with a cross section of an opposing army, this is Warcraft.

More work?

Zug-zug!
    This says everything.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

For me battlegrounds are to arenas as grinding gold for flasks and repairs are to pve.

Battlegrounds I really don't find enjoyable, they are merely the chore that enables me to arena competitively. I wouldn't miss BGs at all, but because I know many would, would be good if they could make it so that you earn honor via skirmishes/rated arenas as well as bgs. The occasional premade bg with mates is great but that's all.

I prefer BG than Arena and going to instance, like it more when trying gank other players and being gank by others just to defend those damn flags.

I enjoy to zerg rushing to opposite base.. I don't know how i brutal I am now but I really much enjoy WOW while in BG.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Deleted

I'm more into the arena thing. Reason is simple, I mainly play alliance, so I'm fucked in BGs. When I play arena and suck I can blame myself and try to fix the mistakes I made. But in a BG when I wanna play to win and I see that i.e. I'm the only person that defends a base while the rest runs around like headless chickens, I go crazy. Can't handle such stupidity for long so I mainly focus on Wintergrasp right now in case I need to grind honor.

I wouldn't miss BGs at all. They just suck. I'm fine with Wintergrasp. on the other hand I enjoyed BGs pretty much when I played horde. God I could slap myself for rerolling or backrolling alliance :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mahagony
    The Question is: would you care?
    Maybe hmm actualy ...no.... not rly GANKING + PREMADE for life ;D!

Deleted

call me noob but what's that premade thing anyway? I guess I have a different association than you have, eh?

I think mine server got wg for whole lockout several times smth like 1.5 k defended and the defended 50 lol.

I will miss bg pvp in cata . when rated bg will come and it wall be about cc'ing dispelling and grouping right (like big arena) and not about omg i m fun just killed 50 ppl or smth)
    Surely i like winning bg and actually working there but sometimes i just wanna kill some alliance.

Learn to transfer servers?

Will I miss bg-pvp ?
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=672

It's already gone.
    The queue times were horrible bevor the implementation of the dungeon tool, now that you can't queue for bgs, raids and heroics at the same time it's nonexistant.
    They even added french servers to the alliance side of the battlegroup, didn't change much.

Alliance is never below 10 stacks in Wintergrasp, they sometimes win doing a "suprise" push of 5+ siegeengines...and thats about it.

Not at all, the only serious PvP is arena. Bg's just for honor grind.

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    and battlegrounds are not very funny.
    I know! It is like the BG's try and make a joke but it isn't even funny.

I guess me and BG's have something in common

I would.

Because Arena requires so much skills these days that I can't get high ratings anymore.
    Hi

I think, or rather, hope that in Cata rated BGs will overtake arenas. That way the bullshit balance between classes can change a little, like killing a healer won't take an army.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

I hope BG's become the main focus of PvP for the masses in Cata.

Arena should never of taken the main focus of PvP gameplay in WoW.

Yes Arena players are super skilled, but it is just not WoW. WoW PvP is and always will be mass teamwork to overcome objectives in a large, Worldy environment.

Arena was just a small sideshow, that somehow forced its way into the headlines.

Miss BG's HELL YEAH !

Care about Arenas? HELL NO !
    I've been banned from forums countless times for having an opinion. Well, my opinion still hasn't changed, but my username has gone through numerous incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudster
    I hope BG's become the main focus of PvP for the masses in Cata.

Arena should never of taken the main focus of PvP gameplay in WoW.

Yes Arena players are super skilled, but it is just not WoW. WoW PvP is and always will be mass teamwork to overcome objectives in a large, Worldy environment.

Arena was just a small sideshow, that somehow forced its way into the headlines.

Miss BG's HELL YEAH !

Care about Arenas? HELL NO !
    agreed

The way to look at this is what started this retarded que times? What made most servers very unbalnced , mostly horde heavy?
    Faction change, so why did most of the top pve and pvp guilds on these servers change factions ?? Racials , they do need to balance them and fast ! For example , a troll racial is unbelivable for a shaman and 1% hit doesn't even come close to it.
    By the time catc. Comes out it would have been to late and would take years to rebalance population

Quote Originally Posted by elliss
    The way to look at this is what started this retarded que times? What made most servers very unbalnced , mostly horde heavy?
    Faction change, so why did most of the top pve and pvp guilds on these servers change factions ?? Racials , they do need to balance them and fast ! For example , a troll racial is unbelivable for a shaman and 1% hit doesn't even come close to it.
    By the time catc. Comes out it would have been to late and would take years to rebalance population
    I don't think its the racials. I think its about player perception that Alliance are "more kiddy" and horde are "more mature". Add in the fact that horde "monster" races are generally considered to look more cool than Alliance models, and, well you get the idea.
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.