Abracadaver minion

So I picked up Abracadaver the other night to play with for a shadow offspec... Curious about the 'use', I went to the nearest training dummy only to find out that the Cadaver will only 'protect' you if you're attacked (aggro), and will not go on offensive.

I went down to Crystalsong, aggro'd a lvl 78 Sinewy Wolf, shielded myself and triggered the use, anticipating the bloodbath to follow as my evil minion tore through the beast, unleashing his rage after being cooped up in a 15 minute cooldown!

60 dps. For one minute, or until he dies. Hey that's not bad... If I use it every CD it could be good for a whopping 4 dps!

Ok, I gotta admit I like the staff, love the name, and the use is pretty cool, but seriously... Couldn't they have given it something closer to shadowfiend dps? If you're weighing the value of the use into your comparison of this staff to other weapon options, well, just don't expect a lot.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Re: Abracadaver minion

I just think this staff is more of a fun/gimmick staff, maybe blizzard doesn't know how horrible it is dps wise, but i dont know.

If you actually got it for a dps weapon i'd recommend you get a MH+OH combo, but if you got it just to check it out like myself well it cant be that bad can it

15+ Year Old Account

Must admit i was sitting there laughing when our Spriest with it popped it on Festergut and Putricide and the thing just sat there even though the Spriest was taking the AoE aura damage.

The skele is for fun and if you look it's 0 item budget, so... yay 60 dps pet! It isn't expected to be taken for the reasons that say Nibelung is. :P

Lady Ethos?
    You come out of the closet since i left?

I guess it's kinda for fun this proc. http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49992;51887 Look at the stats.
    Obviously Abracadavers proc is for fun. OR OMG LEET 60 DPS!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

The proc costs from minimal to zero item budget, so basically its a bonus, unlike Nibelung where you have to sacrifice haste and crit for the angels of Arthas. Enjoy it :P

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cearat
    I guess it's kinda for fun this proc. http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49992;51887 Look at the stats.
    Obviously Abracadavers proc is for fun. OR OMG LEET 60 DPS!
    Comparing non-heroic to heroic seems pointless.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Comparing non-heroic to heroic seems pointless.
    maybe for different staves... But I can't wait to compare regular and heroic versions of Abracadaver -- maybe the heroic minion will do SEVENTY dps!!

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

It does seem to be situational whether or not it will attack only on aggro since I have witnessed it attacking somethig of it's own accord, and sometimes the on-use effect gets activated by "equipping" the staff, well not strictly but when using the blizzard equipment manager to switch between my PVE and PVP sets which unfortunatly due to lack of arena are now both using this same weapon it can seem to proc from that putting it on the 15 mins cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.