Need some help and new input

Yo Yo.

My armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...f&cn=Quailgirl

Disc or holy in 10 man ICC? Disc on fester offcourse. Currently have shadow as off, for saurfang and rotface. Since we dont run 3 healers, and i got betther dps than the other healers. And then heal at professor(spriest dont have good burst on slimes), with druid. But here i feel holy is much betther, because its alot of raid dmg.

And since my guild dont run ICC 25 HC. Isnt it betther, to not go for the tier set. As it would take a long time before i get enough tokens to upgrade all my 251 tier set. Just buy the 261 emblems gear instead?

Bought the shadow tier shoulders, and was thinking of buying shadow tier chest next (haste and crit). Then buy (not tier) hands for emblems. Then go for drop gear. Would that be a viable combination of gear?
    After much consideration, thats my way to obtain the best gear.

Or go tier, with spirit to be more flexible for using holy specc in 10man.

Re: Need some help and new input

Quote Originally Posted by QuailMan
    Yo Yo.

My armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...f&cn=Quailgirl

Disc or holy in 10 man ICC? Disc on fester offcourse. Currently have shadow as off, for saurfang and rotface. Since we dont run 3 healers, and i got betther dps than the other healers. And then heal at professor(spriest dont have good burst on slimes), with druid. But here i feel holy is much betther, because its alot of raid dmg.

And since my guild dont run ICC 25 HC. Isnt it betther, to not go for the tier set. As it would take a long time before i get enough tokens to upgrade all my 251 tier set. Just buy the 261 emblems gear instead?

Bought the shadow tier shoulders, and was thinking of buying shadow tier chest next (haste and crit). Then buy (not tier) hands for emblems. Then go for drop gear. Would that be a viable combination of gear?
    After much consideration, thats my way to obtain the best gear.

Or go tier, with spirit to be more flexible for using holy specc in 10man.
    I top DPS in 10man putricide without any friendly caster buffs and was 3rd in our first 25man kill. I also do top damage on the slimes in 10man by quite a margin and am consistently top 3 if not top for 25man on slime dps.

The fact the slimes are up for as long as they are make our lack of burst irrelevant, you can roll dots on them effectively and there really shouldn't be any excuse for a spriest to be doing poor damage in comparision to any other class on slimes.

As for how you rationalise disc for festergut is beyond me, holy has far more powerful AoE heals and can single target heal for the length of time required more than effectively.

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, so you are Shadow main spec and Disc OS? And you sometimes spec Holy for 10 mans? You shouldn't need to do so (unless running Disc/Healadin/Healadin, though it'd still work in a fun way). When I do 10 mans, I heal as Disc, go Shadow for Saurfang and continue rocking as Disc for the rest. I find your comments on Prof P weird, as Worshaka said, Shadow seems quite effective there, I've not DPS'd it on 10 man, however when I go Shadow, I'm usually 5-7th in my OS gear.

---

Tier - Well, I don't really like the set bonuses for Disc, but they are great for Shadow. Shadow Helm, Chest and Shoulders are rather pretty for a Disc Priest as well, so it's good to go for those three if you want them. You said you only do 10 mans, so just go for the Tier, unless you feel the need to out-gear the content (hypocrit here).

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I top DPS in 10man putricide without any friendly caster buffs and was 3rd in our first 25man kill. I also do top damage on the slimes in 10man by quite a margin and am consistently top 3 if not top for 25man on slime dps.

The fact the slimes are up for as long as they are make our lack of burst irrelevant, you can roll dots on them effectively and there really shouldn't be any excuse for a spriest to be doing poor damage in comparision to any other class on slimes.

As for how you rationalise disc for festergut is beyond me, holy has far more powerful AoE heals and can single target heal for the length of time required more than effectively.
    Well we dont do the usuall taccs like everyone. We stand still on putri, where the green slimes spawn. And nuke it down before it crashes into anyone. Since you get like 3-4 seconds when it spawns, before it chooses a target. And just nuke it down.

Mayby its just me who has to change playstyle as disc priest. And run disc as Main and shadow as OS, as i have done before. And on fester i allways run 10man with a druid healer and shammy. So i go tank healing.

Tier - Well, I don't really like the set bonuses for Disc, but they are great for Shadow. Shadow Helm, Chest and Shoulders are rather pretty for a Disc Priest as well, so it's good to go for those three if you want them. You said you only do 10 mans, so just go for the Tier, unless you feel the need to out-gear the content (hypocrit here).

I run disc as Main specc. And we are running 25man ICC. But not doing the HC verson when that comes out. So there is a possibility to upgrade to 261.
    But my toughts on the subject is, that it will take a long time to upgrade my tier gear. And since im not even going for the set bonus. I could just go for the shadow gear, since i like the stats on helm chest and shoulders. And hope for drops on the rest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by QuailMan

I run disc as Main specc. And we are running 25man ICC. But not doing the HC verson when that comes out. So there is a possibility to upgrade to 261.
    But my toughts on the subject is, that it will take a long time to upgrade my tier gear. And since im not even going for the set bonus. I could just go for the shadow gear, since i like the stats on helm chest and shoulders. And hope for drops on the rest.
    264 and yeah, the Shadow is nice buuuuuut, we may not get tokens straight away and stuff like the 92~ Frost Badge Chest may be better. There's a lovely helm off Queen what's her name (Sayln woman), great stats for us and a slight downgrade to the T10 Shadow helm (264) and probably on par with the 251, so spending a token on some good Shadow shoulders would be cool, though I've not really studied loot tables as well as I should. I was considering getting (2) set bonus with Gloves and Legs but deiced to pick up the badge gloves and see what I can do about the legs, maybe Woven Death.

When I clicked on your armory, you were wearing hit rating gear in Disc spec so I presumed you were Shdaow MS but I think what I said stands.