Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance T10 - When to make the switch....

I was looking at the Balance T10 set today, thinking of what priority I should be spending my Emblems of Frost. So first off, 30 badges to buy the new Idol (Idol of the Lunar Eclipse).

Looking at the set bonus from T9 to T10, to me it seems that it is only worth going from 4pc T9 to T10, when you can obtain the T10 4pc bonus. So that means it will take 310 badges (~2 months to obtain - If you run the random daily everyday, weekly raid and 10/25 man ICC every week) before the switch to T10 can occur. So in that time I will use my EP to buy the Vanquisher's Mark of Santification to go straight to the ilvl 264 T10. I was looking at buying the helm, shoulders, chest and gloves since I have the 258 pants from Anub.

I was wondering what thoughts other balance druids have about making the switch?

Re: Balance T10 - When to make the switch....

struggling with that decision myself got my 4pc t9 trying to decide what the first item ill spend my EOF on will be..
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinebubba
    I was looking at the Balance T10 set today, thinking of what priority I should be spending my Emblems of Frost. So first off, 30 badges to buy the new Idol (Idol of the Lunar Eclipse).
    really i would think that would be the last item on your list to pick up its hardly a upgrade from are idol now . but i think your bang on keeping the pants it does seem like the pants are pretty weak but waiting tio see the full loot list before i make my mind up

as 4 peice tier 10 is only better than 4 piece tier 9 then im gunna wait until more quaters of ice crown get realised to see more loot and find what the best off piece is for the tier, then start buying and enchanting the others. as i am a officer in my guild we get prio on tier, weapons and trinkets so i can get 4 piece pretty quick :P
    W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: Recount - Nexttosmelly's Hostile Attacks: Starfire
    [W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: 1. Crit 18 (90%) (Min: 0 Avg: 21004 Max: 32405)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Iqe
    really i would think that would be the last item on your list to pick up its hardly a upgrade from are idol now . but i think your bang on keeping the pants it does seem like the pants are pretty weak but waiting tio see the full loot list before i make my mind up
    The tier 10 idol is a massive upgrade. Its only 20 crit rating when they are up, correct, but there is one monumential difference: The tier 9 idol does not have a 100% uptime, and the tier 10 will be up most, if not all, of the time.

It also stacks up quite a lot faster - a few seconds, and you a guaranteed that it will be up, and it will refresh itself at every dot tick. You still had to rely on a proc chance with the other idol, even if it was ridiciolously high.

Quote Originally Posted by nexttosmelly
    as 4 peice tier 10 is only better than 4 piece tier 9 then im gunna wait until more quaters of ice crown get realised to see more loot and find what the best off piece is for the tier, then start buying and enchanting the others. as i am a officer in my guild we get prio on tier, weapons and trinkets so i can get 4 piece pretty quick :P
    I would probably leave a guild that gave prio to people depending on their *rank*. In any case, you still need aaaaall the emblems of frost before you can buy the tier pieces, and then you can upgrade each with the Mark of Santification. It will take you a good while before you get the emblems.

---

My plan is to go for the tier 10 shoulders straight off after i have the idol. I have the heroic shoulderpads from TOTGC10, so i wouldn't mind the quick upgrade - and the awesome graphics!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

According to EJ, these are the values for our set-bonusses

2T8: 250
    2T9: 360
    4T9: 210
    2T10: 230
    4T10: 375

So going from 4T9 to 2T9/2T10 would give you a 20 dps increase without the difference in passive stats. Assuming you will be in either iLvl 232 or iLvl 245 T9 gear, you should switch each time you can change a setbonus. If you are using iLvl 258 gear, I think it is only worth it, if you drop your spirit based items (So keep Head/Chest T9 and get Shoulders/Legs/Gloves T10, with my personal choice going to shoulders/gloves)

EDIT: With replacing the items I only ment for replacing with the iLvl 251 T10
    Errare Humanum Est

With the current gear wee can get I would buy the Shoulders and Legs of t10 and still keep my Head and Chest of T9 for the set bonus.. And the buy the Gloves for 60 emblem of frost... I dunno about the T10 Idol and order to buy them, but think I will go for shoulders first then Idol as I only got the ToC10 normal verison

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't spend your emblems of frost on Gloves of the Great Horned Owl. They are indeed nice, but as it is currently, we will need our first 300-400 emblems for tier gear and our new idol
    Errare Humanum Est

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MichelN
    With the current gear wee can get I would buy the Shoulders and Legs of t10 and still keep my Head and Chest of T9 for the set bonus.. And the buy the Gloves for 60 emblem of frost... I dunno about the T10 Idol and order to buy them, but think I will go for shoulders first then Idol as I only got the ToC10 normal verison
    What? You will want to continue up to get 4pt10 - that bonus is pretty damn awesome. Just make sure that, as you break one set bonus, you get another. Our gear progression is just as it should be:

4pt10 > 2pt10 + 2pt9 > 4pt9 > 2pt9 + 2pt8

After shoulders, i am quite unsure of which tier items to go for, since we don't know what will drop later in the instance. I will most likely go for head/shoulders/gloves/chest and leave my pants open - purely because i am a look-whore, and want to match.. :P

Cool. Didn't know it was worth drop Moonfire crit from 2p T9...

Thx for tips

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    What? You will want to continue up to get 4pt10 - that bonus is pretty damn awesome. Just make sure that, as you break one set bonus, you get another. Our gear progression is just as it should be:

4pt10 > 2pt10 + 2pt9 > 4pt9 > 2pt9 + 2pt8

After shoulders, i am quite unsure of which tier items to go for, since we don't know what will drop later in the instance. I will most likely go for head/shoulders/gloves/chest and leave my pants open - purely because i am a look-whore, and want to match.. :P
    lawlz im fairly sure why our tier sets always seem rushed, it's cause the designers know we're only going to change form anyway so they dont put any effort into it...

back on topic, i'm thinking i'll just get all of the pieces in case i have to swap around gear at a later date to make up for over hit, under hit caps...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Deleted

Thats some 405 emblems just for the tier pieces. How fast could we get them?

One time quest in ICC 5 man: 6 emblems.
    4 weeks with:
    4 bosses x 2 emblems x 2 instances = 16
    Daily random heroic = 7 x 2 = 14
    Weekly raid = 1 x 5 = 5
    = 35
    35 x 4 = 140
    Total so far: 140 + 6 = 146

3 (guess) weeks with 7 bosses:
    7 bosses x 2 emblems x 2 instances = 28
    Weekly raid = 1 x 5 = 5
    = 47
    47 x 3 = 141
    Total so far: 146 + 141 = 287

Next up we get two new bosses, and i am going to just guess two weeks. Blizzard dont want us to have too much time practicing on the bosses with limited attempts when they release Lich King:

2 weeks:
    9 bosses x 2 emblems x 2 instances = 36
    Weekly raid = 1 x 5 = 5
    = 110
    Total so far: 146 + 141 + 110 = 397

So with this, we have spent 9 weeks, and gotten 397 emblems, assuming you do the random heroic every day, the weekly raid every week, and clear ICC10 and 25 every week. Assuming you will want the tier 10 idol, by week 10 you will have 5 pieces of tier 10 and your idol. To be fair, you will probably wait with buying the fifth piece of tier 10, so by week 9 you will have your four set bonus and idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Thats some 405 emblems just for the tier pieces. How fast could we get them?

lots of numbers

Next up we get two new bosses, and i am going to just guess two weeks. Blizzard dont want us to have too much time practicing on the bosses with limited attempts when they release Lich King:

more numbers

So with this, we have spent 9 weeks, and gotten 397 emblems, assuming you do the random heroic every day, the weekly raid every week, and clear ICC10 and 25 every week. Assuming you will want the tier 10 idol, by week 10 you will have 5 pieces of tier 10 and your idol. To be fair, you will probably wait with buying the fifth piece of tier 10, so by week 9 you will have your four set bonus and idol.
    argh it hurts lol xD

you've forgotten the current chance to gain additional frost emblems by doing random heroics constantly, although i understand you can't really predict that so yeh... that's not long at all ^_^ 2 1/2 months roughly

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

argh it hurts lol xD

you've forgotten the current chance to gain additional frost emblems by doing random heroics constantly, although i understand you can't really predict that so yeh... that's not long at all ^_^ 2 1/2 months roughly

sorry you lost me here are you saying do more then just one random heroic can give you more emblems of frost i just figured you got just 13 g and 2 of the old badges

it was a bug for the first couple days, it has now been fixed

altho i know some people who already have over 100 emblems of frost, well less now since they brought stuff

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli
    it was a bug for the first couple days, it has now been fixed

altho i know some people who already have over 100 emblems of frost, well less now since they brought stuff
    thanks i would of went home form work and ran shit all night trying ot get some extra badges. wish would of know that would of pulled a few all nighters to farm them

So since this post is pretty out dated, I wanted to know if anything has changed. I just got my first 60 frost badges (I don't play that much right now because of college and some rl stuff) and I was wondering what would be the best first piece to pick up. My armory is below. I am working on my gear when I am online so yeah. Is the Idol the best to pick up or a piece of tier gear? Any help/critique on my gear would be nice I also have alottttt of triumph badges so if I can get my guilds toc25 or a pug, I could prob pick up a trophy to upgrade something.

Thx

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rmoon&cn=Omein

ahh nothing yet
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    So since this post is pretty out dated, I wanted to know if anything has changed. I just got my first 60 frost badges (I don't play that much right now because of college and some rl stuff) and I was wondering what would be the best first piece to pick up. My armory is below. I am working on my gear when I am online so yeah. Is the Idol the best to pick up or a piece of tier gear? Any help/critique on my gear would be nice I also have alottttt of triumph badges so if I can get my guilds toc25 or a pug, I could prob pick up a trophy to upgrade something.

Thx

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rmoon&cn=Omein

ahh nothing yet
    The 2 strongest pieces of T9 are the helm and chest. Your legs are very good compared to either T9 or T10. For T10 I'd focus on getting your 2 piece with gloves and shoulders, then upgrade the rest of your gear as you see fit.

Deleted

Nothing has changed in terms of upgrades. The tier 10 4 piece bonus is currently broken, but it should be fixed with the upcoming minor patch, which we expect in next week.

As for tier upgrades, be causious about them in general. If you have a 245 tier 9, upgrading to 251 is not a massive upgrade, unless the itemezation is better. The idol, the belt and so on are really strong upgrades, and quite cheap.

I left the idol to last, it may be a decent upgrade but you have 2 hours to sell it back, so i have just used in icc and resold it back every hour or so. You can say that's taken advantage of a system in the game, but there well aware of it and they also know how many times you have resold it back good buddy is gm, just don't expect them to refund anything if you mess up on it. I i went gloves shoulders first, and dug up 18 k for the crafted pants leaving chest and helm last even thou the stats were better on the helm just at the time i needed the hit from the gloves and i liked the look of the shoulders so i went that way, since they were the cheapest and a fast way to get a upgrade I only missed a few daily's and was able to pick up my 4 set this week and can buy the idol for good on monday