Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Top dps being the mangle bitch

A lot of it is keeping track of your trinkets ICD's in your head, i prob get a extra 1000~ dps right now from it

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    A lot of it is keeping track of your trinkets ICD's in your head, i prob get a extra 1000~ dps right now from it
    Are you saving Berserk for trinket procs?

trinket procs usually happen right at the start but yes, spamming shred with runestone proc is pro. but like pooling energy and CP for when stuff procs so your rip/rake bleed for more is always a good thing to do too

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ycooldown.aspx

You can set this to only monitor items ICDs. Right now my trinkets and my ring are shown. I'd like to say it helps but I have too much tunnel vision to monitor for trinkets and keep stuff up as well.

I don't really use add-ons >_>

trinket procs usually happen right at the start but yes, spamming shred with runestone proc is pro. but like pooling energy and CP for when stuff procs so your rip/rake bleed for more is always a good thing to do too

Ohhhh, I just noticed that the logs I was looking at from you were with 4pc T10.

I'm not gonna have mine till Saturday at the earliest

I just got Distant Land Tuesday too, so we'll see how that works out for me.

Just for fun I used my last Festergut log to determine what my effective DPS would have been with 4T10.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4939&e=5200

Without showing the math and all that, my eDPS would have been brought up to 10,427 at 67.9% crit (mimicing Rip's crit) and at about 90% uptime. Which is a total of about 7.4% DPS increase.

This is without Distant Land ofc

i havent gotten to do any 25's yet with 4 pc t10 tho that was just my 10 man run

I just noticed you were under hit and expertise cap. This doesn't affect your dps? well, obviously by your log. I just thought that was a major thing being hit and expertise capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Marajhane
    I just noticed you were under hit and expertise cap. This doesn't affect your dps? well, obviously by your log. I just thought that was a major thing being hit and expertise capped.

It doesn't effect it by much. More DPS value can be achieved by gemming for straight stats (agi/arp). Though hit and exp will become much more valuable once we reach our crit cap and want to increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    Are you saving Berserk for trinket procs?
    I had an arguement with a few friends regarding that...if your saving berzerk for trinkent procs, your going to be wasting the amount of tiger's fury u can fit into a fight. Obviously you don't want to go in a berzerk with sub 60 energy, so u gotta make sure u have tiger fury available during the time your trinkent CD's are up, and unsure how PPM changes affected trinkent procs as well, i am guessin a slight delay but not much due to our attack speed. If u do this, your at least going to waste 1.5 seconds of your trinkent proc.

Only other possibility is let your energy pool during the supposed CD of your trinkents but this is gonna affect your mangle, rip, rake uptime.

Going hard ArPen cap is prolly the best solution to this situation, because it basically takes that Arpen proc out of the equation unfornately...that is a gear issue.

It doesn't effect it by much. More DPS value can be achieved by gemming for straight stats (agi/arp). Though hit and exp will become much more valuable once we reach our crit cap and want to increase it.
    What is special's crit cap??

Quote Originally Posted by spw
    It's possible, I haven't been below 9k for Saurfang since the first week.

I'm stacking arp to around 1250 without DBW and I've dropped rake until I get my 4pc. I'm leaning towards working in more FB's at the cost of a slightly lower rip uptime.

SF: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=3871&e=4109
    FG: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5194&e=5482
    I might look into that, currently i have rake in my rotation, obviously that will simplify the rotation and maybe that will make a significant change....then again i am projected to having my 4pc T10 this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    What is special's crit cap??
    104.8%, FB's crit cap is 79.8%.

I read a post earlier today saying that it might actually be higher, around 109.2%. Noting that it would be the cause of Special attack vs. Special defense rating vs. Bosses. But I'm not sure if hes right about that.

104.8%, FB's crit cap is 79.8%.

I read a post earlier today saying that it might actually be higher, around 109.2%. Noting that it would be the cause of Special attack vs. Special defense rating vs. Bosses. But I'm not sure if hes right about that.
    ya that's interesting, i might be reaching that point soon via trinkent/gear procs. Currently the plan is to maintain soft Arpen cap, meaning gonna have to swap many ArPen gems for agility, in turn increasing my crit, until i know i can push past the 1190 ArPen threshold, and regem at that point. Unfornately that's just waiting for some key peices, DAMNIT DBW needs to drop more!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    ya that's interesting, i might be reaching that point soon via trinkent/gear procs. Currently the plan is to maintain soft Arpen cap, meaning gonna have to swap many ArPen gems for agility, in turn increasing my crit, until i know i can push past the 1190 ArPen threshold, and regem at that point. Unfornately that's just waiting for some key peices, DAMNIT DBW needs to drop more!
    Don't push crit.

At the crit levels you'll have merely from gear when you Hardcap ArP, Haste becomes so fucking better than the other stats it's embarassing. If you have spare gems, go for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Don't push crit.

At the crit levels you'll have merely from gear when you Hardcap ArP, Haste becomes so fucking better than the other stats it's embarassing. If you have spare gems, go for that.
    Eh, thats if you're crit, hit, expertise capped just from your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    you think the manglebotting is a huge factor, maybe you can convince a warrior to spec arms for one raid and see if there's a difference?
    If a raid doesn't have an arms warrior, there is a high chance they are missing the 4% physical buff, which is about 2-3k dps for the average raid anyways. (What kind of rogue plays combat anymore? mut is 3 buttons and higher dps.)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Last week at Sourfang I reach 10.6k dps, cant find the logs atm but I gonna post it when I get it (with combat rogue and another kitty, he probably keep mangle)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Silverbear

Quote Originally Posted by spw
    It's possible, I haven't been below 9k for Saurfang since the first week.

I'm stacking arp to around 1250 without DBW and I've dropped rake until I get my 4pc. I'm leaning towards working in more FB's at the cost of a slightly lower rip uptime.

SF: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=3871&e=4109
    FG: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5194&e=5482
    Dropping rake? can you please explain more?
    You mean completely ignoring rake?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    Highest mangle bitch i could find was this one: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...28&e=2730#Redx
    LOL screw that. check out the nº1 dps Mage 2 keys rotation bitch. oh blizzard... i remember the times when mages were waterboys... now they are doing 14k dps with 2 spells.