Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Guide to Shrinking avatar filesize

That ones gonna be a bit diffrent, when you optimize you're really just letting the previous color shine through where it can. As you can see, no 2 pixels are the same in that picture, so optimizing really doesn't do much. What I'm going to do is just cut the monk from the middle, and paste that in front of a static background so it optimizes better, might not shrink it enough, but we'll see. I'll do that later.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles
    That ones gonna be a bit diffrent, when you optimize you're really just letting the previous color shine through where it can. As you can see, no 2 pixels are the same in that picture, so optimizing really doesn't do much. What I'm going to do is just cut the monk from the middle, and paste that in front of a static background so it optimizes better, might not shrink it enough, but we'll see. I'll do that later.
    Actually optimization reduced it by about 1 meg. I understand what to do to reduce the size even further, I just don't taking any of those methods would give any justice to the image, so, I gave up. It's not in the mmo-champion size limits even after destroying a lot of frames I really wanted in there, and I don't intend to change it any further. In conclusion it's simply not worth it for me. So I just threw it up here in case anyone else wanted to try, since I already did the "heavy lifting" going through 2100 frames individually trying to find an animation sequence that would both flow well and could do with only every third frame.

Yah, its not happening. =/
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Gave it a shot - :-[ This doesn't seem to be working for me either I'm afraid....

s

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Visualsnap
    Gave it a shot - :-[ This doesn't seem to be working for me either I'm afraid....
    :/

10+ Year Old Account

Ugh, noob question. I have my avatar resized to 9.45kB, yet, I can't insert it into the Avatar input text box in my Profile Layout. I don't have Deviant Art, ImageShack, or what not. Do I have to have one of those to put an avatar I adjusted myself into my profile info?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Why is my current avatar so blurry? Its not that big and its a flattened JPEG but its very hard to get it under 25kb without utterly destroying it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deekayy View Post
    Ugh, noob question. I have my avatar resized to 9.45kB, yet, I can't insert it into the Avatar input text box in my Profile Layout. I don't have Deviant Art, ImageShack, or what not. Do I have to have one of those to put an avatar I adjusted myself into my profile info?
    Upload it on Imageshack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    Helped allot ty

Deleted
    Thanks a lot ty