Poll: Primordial Saronite over T10

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T10 vs P. Saronite

Priest T10 Was not quite what I had expected.

Though I might not end up buying only Primordial saronite, I'll have to be good wasted one evening to think that the Tier is better than BiS Gear.

What your thoughts on the matter ?

Re: T10 vs P. Saronite

As holy I would go for the set, as disc I would probalbly choose offset.

Personally I am going to fill up my t10 before investing in saronite simply because I would get is sooner or later anyway. They might not be BiS but the setbonus is not completly useless so go for it and in a month or so badges should not be a problem anyway

As holy, I'm going for off-set. Saronite FTW.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

As shadow mainspec I spent every single emblem on tier gear. Now that I got 4p set I'm not yet quite sure what I'll get next. I'll probably just keep them for some disc gear but I don't think I'll get tier items for disc, I'll likely have way better offset pieces I can use from shadow.

15+ Year Old Account

As Disc I'm currently using 264 Shadow Helm, EoF Chest, EoF Gloves and T9 Shoulders/Legs, I will replace the legs with Woven D and I will also probably get the trash drop Shoulders though hard to say, if I get another token I will get the Shadow ones.

Would be awesome if priests would stop thinking they're all holy *cough*

4p for Shadow is BiS.

Going for the shadow tier isnt bad.
    It fufills two specs because the set bonus on priest t10 healing is so terrible.

4 set bonus for healing priests is very situational, but it can be fun.
    You don't really notice gear difference at that level as a healer.
    One day, when all conquerors go to dps, I'll take t10 heroic set cause it looks pretty with my tribute cloak (Which I won't replace either).
    No one cares about healing meters, healing is all about team work, encounter knowledge and doing the right thing in right moment.
    As long as you're not oom by the end of the fight your gear is sufficient.
    That is my perspective and after 5years of healing as priest I couldn't care less about what's BiS.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    As holy, I'm going for off-set. Saronite FTW.
    Yep, offset is good times. The procs for holy are random so terrible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    As long as you're not oom by the end of the fight your gear is sufficient.
    So the best healer is the one who afks in corner and conserves all the mana? :P

For Moonkins the 4pc t10 looks really good, once they have hot-fixed it.

I drool at how good the 4 piece will be with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50360

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

4p for Shadow is BiS.
    Though he did not specify, his sig says Disc/Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    Yep, offset is good times. The procs for holy are random so terrible to get.
    No matter how bad healing set bonuses are you should go for them. There is not much diversity in healing stats, and those random and crafted items do not differ much from set items. It's either spirit and crit or spirit and haste.
    In the end you should ask yourself, is random and terrible proc worse than no proc at all?

Quote Originally Posted by hoho
    So the best healer is the one who afks in corner and conserves all the mana? :P
    So the best healer is one who hots the whole raid to be the 1st on recount and goes oom after 2 mins? :P

With raid buffs and proper usage of cds , I've never had big problems with mana (and I don't have a single intellect enchant/gem). That has nothing to do with me standing and not healing, out of 5sec rule was nerfed quite a while ago.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    For Moonkins the 4pc t10 looks really good, once they have hot-fixed it.

I drool at how good the 4 piece will be with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50360
    Do people even read anymore, this is clearly a priest forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    No matter how bad healing set bonuses are you should go for them. There is not much diversity in healing stats, and those random and crafted items do not differ much from set items. It's either spirit and crit or spirit and haste.
    In the end you should ask yourself, is random and terrible proc worse than no proc at all?
    So the best healer is one who hots the whole raid to be the 1st on recount and goes oom after 2 mins? :P
    I'd rather have no proc and better itemization, so I'll go with the Shadow Head, Chest, and Shoulders which fit my itemization as Disc better than my own "healing" gear. Will I eventually pick up the healing set? Most likely, way down the road when I have badges spilling out of my nose. Will I use it? Maybe in 10-mans where I have a lot more room to play in. It's garbage for Disc and any Disc priest should know well enough not to pick up the healing set and stick with the offset pieces that drop in ICC. I already made the mistake of wasting badges on the shoulders because I thought the 2pc might be worth it and then I found out it wasn't really all that good.

Even if for some weird reason it turns out that there's not enough heroic non-set stuff that the 277 set items win out by sheer ilvl stat weightings, by the time that becomes a relevant issue you'll be getting more than enough badges every week to take care of that, whereas the price of Primordial Saronite is only going to keep going down over time.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Disc: Saronite first, get leggings of woven death, then Shadow helm/chest, then the off-set gloves and Shadow shoulders.

It's a matter of cost-benefit ratios here. 69 for legs, then 95 for helm/chest. Those are the 'large budget' slots. Then you can grab the gloves and shoulders which are 'small budget'. It gets you the largest upgrades fastest.

Holy: Get the tier legs, then gloves, then take a long hard look at your gear.

Here you're taking the best two pieces of T10... after that, who knows. You'll need to see how your other stats are, there's no cut and dry best things to buy list like Disc where BiS gear includes badge bought items and crafted loot. That's just not the case as Holy.

i'm gonna make as much money off the 2k primordial saronites while i can and don't really care about tier right now, i figure they'll just mail it to us in the end of the expansion and i'm just kinda sick of the boring as part of the game that is being level 80

i'm really only concerned about being ready for cataclysm and that's about it, and extra money won't hurt

always an alt that needs 6K worth of flying skills

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

4p for Shadow is BiS.
    I apologize for my lack of explanation.

Though I figured that if you were shadow, you wouldnt consider NOT getting the p2/p4 bonus ..

Thats why I did not implement the spec in the first case.

Where is my damn cookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.