Thread: Affliction PVE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    The seed explosion hits for sufficient amounts. It's worth spending the mana/time to cast in order to get the new corruption up.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Nice guide!

Deleted
    Nice guide. But I have a question. Is DFO + Syndra trinket still better then RS 25 trinket + DFO?

i macro'd my on use trinket w/ corruption, would it be advisable to macro dark pact or lt lvl 1 w/ haunt?...

hi all,
    How to do Affliction warlock DPS rotation at PVE?
    My rotation: CoE-SB-SB-Corruption-Haunt-UA-/spam SB and refresh DOT/

This is right?

First of all affliction does not place the CoE, we leave that part for our Destruction or Demon brothers.
    Most of us would start with SB, Haunt, Corr, UA, CoA.
    From now on we use SB as a filler and reapply Haunt, UA and CoA when needed.
    Target < 25% -> SB is replaced with Drain soul and only refreshed when the improved SB debuff drops off.
    Dark Pact is used before the pull and when it needs to be refreshed before it falls off.

Reason for not placing CoE is CoA is part of our rotation and damage doing part.
    Some spells do more damage if more dots are up on our target.
    Also CoE will be over writen by DK and Boomkins.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    i macro'd my on use trinket w/ corruption, would it be advisable to macro dark pact or lt lvl 1 w/ haunt?...
    using LT or DP every 12 sec would not be smart.
    This would put up 4 GCD's in your rotation when only 1 is needed so that makes it a time consumer, not a damage doing part.
    to make a macro for LT or DP is almost impossible due to its long running time and giving us 1 GCD on use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor de Wolf View Post
    First of all affliction does not place the CoE, we leave that part for our Destruction or Demon brothers.
    Most of us would start with SB, Haunt, Corr, UA, CoA.
    From now on we use SB as a filler and reapply Haunt, UA and CoA when needed.
    Target < 25% -> SB is replaced with Drain soul and only refreshed when the improved SB debuff drops off.
    Dark Pact is used before the pull and when it needs to be refreshed before it falls off.

Reason for not placing CoE is CoA is part of our rotation and damage doing part.
    Some spells do more damage if more dots are up on our target.
    Also CoE will be over writen by DK and Boomkins.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 09:16 AM ----------

using LT or DP every 12 sec would not be smart.
    This would put up 4 GCD's in your rotation when only 1 is needed so that makes it a time consumer, not a damage doing part.
    to make a macro for LT or DP is almost impossible due to its long running time and giving us 1 GCD on use.
    so every other haunt?...

Rotation:
    SB->Haunt->Corr->UA->CoA
    this is right?
    but maxdps com said:
    Haunt->Corr->CoA->UA->SB
    wich one right rotation?

The main idea of an Affliction Guide is to be READ by people who have questions. The answer is in the first post, and you don't even have to dig very deep. Oh, and forget about maxdps.com. It sucks. Kill it with fire.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aaguu View Post
    Rotation:
    SB->Haunt->Corr->UA->CoA
    this is right?
    but maxdps com said:
    Haunt->Corr->CoA->UA->SB
    wich one right rotation?
    With Shadow Embrace you really want 2 SB and 1 Haunt on the boss before you place any other DOT.
    That way you do more periodic damage but 2 is fine for us.
    So SB and Haunt must go first and then your mayor damage dealers meaning Corr, UA, CoA
    The last to in that order so you only have 1 GCD to wait for and not 2 in a row.

For Peepo:
    I would more go to 1 DP every 3 Haunts and no LT if posible.
    The healers loved it when our fel puppy became our mana source and they lost that function.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Nice guide. But I have a question. Is DFO + Syndra trinket still better then RS 25 trinket + DFO?
    Late reply but no. The 284 Charred Twilight Scale is better than the 277 Phylactery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor de Wolf View Post
    With Shadow Embrace you really want 2 SB and 1 Haunt on the boss before you place any other DOT.
    That way you do more periodic damage but 2 is fine for us.
    So SB and Haunt must go first and then your mayor damage dealers meaning Corr, UA, CoA
    The last to in that order so you only have 1 GCD to wait for and not 2 in a row.

For Peepo:
    I would more go to 1 DP every 3 Haunts and no LT if posible.
    The healers loved it when our fel puppy became our mana source and they lost that function.
    Wrong, Shadow Embrace retroactively buffs your DOTS.

great guide but i would like to see something about aoe in it.

cos im not realy sure what to use on groups in 5-mans or trash in icc.
    i mainly use rain of fire as i always used that when i was destro, but as affl you also have talents spend in to seed.
    is it enough to make seed better than rain or is rain the best aoe even for affl?

Seed is always better than rain even as destro, that being said I usually use rain in 5man trash be use I'm lazy.