Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: How will blizzard end Wow?

i foresee the final end would be faction vs faction with the victor the ruler of the world (of warcraft). which will be horde in the end.

I think the only way Blizz would end WoW would be to release a Warcraft 4 as soon as the WoW realms come down for the last time. End one era, start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    First thought, EQ is still on, didn't they release an expansion about 6 months ago. It's been going for around 10 years at this point. Granted it's a shadow of what it once was, and no where near where Blizz is.

But that said, WoW could last for a very very long time if Blizzard wants it too and probably still make money.

However, I do think it would be cool if as the game dies, Blizzard would pull the plug.

I'd also imagine as this starts to happen, at some point, Blizzard will make some progression servers like EQ did, it brought a lot of nostalgia back into the game. Meaning, you start as vanilla, and as soon as someone clears Naxx on 40 man, then BC opens. Raid instances open as other final bosses are downed. Sunwell won't open until Archimonde and Illidan are down, etc... and so on.

Makes for a fun server and amazing guild competitions are fierce for server firsts, at least it was on EQ.
    That is a Grand idea!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

When John Locke doesnt enter "the code" down in the hatch anymore. obviously

sargeras kills everyone
    merely-a-setback protodrake

I don't see WoW ending for at least another 5-7 years.

They'll just keep recycling content with a bit of new stuff here and there.

Computer systems will be so advanced in a few years, they'll be able to virtualize all WoW servers in one machine soon. The overhead of running now is huge, but when not many people are playing it will cost next to nothing for them to keep it going. So why shut it down ever?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

im not sure blizzard has to end wow. look how many successful games that have found their niche survive. hell meridian59 has been running since 1996/7 and it still has a decent following despite its ancient graphics and gameplay.

blizzard might stop updating or slow down their updates to wow, maybe maintain it, but there wouldnt be a need to close it until the cost of running the servers is more than the $ generated, even then they could merge servers down to make the load cheaper.

in short, wow isnt going to end anytime soon and i doubt blizzard has any intention of shutting it down.

how did runescape end...?

it didn't.

end of topic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedout
    how did runescape end...?

it didn't.

end of topic
    Everything has an end.

Think the point is where does WoW culminate, before it just slowly withers into oblivion.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    At then end you'll realize that your character was actually dead the whole time you'd played and Haley Joel Osmet was the only person who could see you.
    BWAHAHAHA!!!!! omg that made me lol so damned hard. thank you sir. thank you.

runescape has crap graphics and has no lore and is boring. people still play it and pay for it. even if wow does end it wont end before runescape and even then runescape won't end anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account

As chomag says WoW wont really have a end since there will always be more story to build on.

WoW will end whenever it costs more to run it, then in profit. So your guess is as good as mine. Never? Maybe. Who knows.

Although none of us can say for sure when and how it will happen, I think i can say that a majority will agree on this: If WoW dies, a Starcraft MMO will take its place for another X amount of glorious and fun filled years.

And on that fateful and speculated day, the addict in all of us will be reborn.

Fo' tha Terran Armada!!! Ghost lead the way.

Diablo II and WC3 isn't dead and still supported with patches and the likes, I can't see a reason for them to end wow until a successor comes along.

gnomes will start a Stargate project under the "Mount Hyjal Military Complex" and then WoW will slowly morph in to WoS(World Of Starcraftgate).

1. There are no more portals in dalaran, there are Stargates and you have to dial the DHD to get to storwind/ironforge/atlantis... and so on.
    2. Forget your epic flying mounts, now there is F-302 one person fighter ship, there is Daedalus class ships, that can carry whole guild.
    3. Outland was only a setback, other planets/galaxies! woohooo!!
    4. new race/class combos: Gnome Code Monkey, Human Fighter Pilot, Draenei dimencion traveler, Death knight alien.
    5. new hero class Chuck Norris!
    6. Undeads are know as wraith now
    7. And you dont have to travel to Caverns of Time to experience so COOL time travelling, you can just sit in time travelling paddle jumper and go back to vanilla WoW.

World of Starcraftgate is going to be released "SOON"
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account

Hit level 100. Kill Sargeras in the Twisting Nether, with the help of the pure Titans. The End.

15+ Year Old Account

Either for once in gaming history the good guys lose and the Legion destroys Azeroth.. or it ends with another Horde and Alliance war, it just doesn't tell us who wins.

it ends when blizz makes a game featuring pandarens and call it Hello Pandas

Ewoks will defeat Sargeras.