Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How many professions have you had on your main?

I've tried anything you could ever think of. And I never get to max level them, as I just can't take the time to do it :b

On my current main:
    - Mining
    - Skinning
    - Herbalism
    - Alchemy
    - Enchanting (310)

Deleted

Herbalism and Alchemy, Always.
    Nothing else.

Well, I'll list them on my paladin since I was odd when I first started playing

At level 40 ish I picked up mining, and BS, got BS up to about 240, dropped it, then picked it back up again and dropped it at like 70 ish. When BC came out I maxed mining and took Herbing for the money, then dropped it for BS (again...) and dropped BS later on, and took alchemy in place of it, dropped it when I found out I needed herbs, then tried leatherworking, dropped mining, got skinning, maxed skinning out, LW still stood at around the 150 marker, dropped it then got bored of my paladin.

When WoTLK came out I decided to max mining out, and level BS. I spent almost nothing to powerlevel BS as I decided it would be a good idea to follow a guide and mined everything I needed for 1-450 in a week

TL;DR version: Mining + BS - BS + BS - BS///BC/// Mining --> 375 + Herbing - Herbing + BS - BS + Alchemy - Alchemy + Leatherworking - Mining + Skinning --> 375 LW --> 150. And FINALLY Mining + BS = 450

Sorry if the TL;DR version was quite long, just makes it a bit easier to read (or not)

Sup Yo.

on my rogue, when she used to be my main from classic till pre-ulduar...
    skinning/leatherworking
    skinning/mining
    engineering/mining
    engineering/enchanting

on my priest (now main character)
    herbalism/alchemy
    jewelcrafting/alchemy
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

mining +bs

dropped mining for tailoring

dropped tialorng for bs + jc

On my mage i had Herb/alch now it has tailoring and enchanting so not that many

Maxed?

Mining/Skinning
    Mining/BS
    JC/BS

I have alts with Mining/Herbalism/Alchemy maxed. Might level enchanting although I don't need to.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm quite consistent in this matter, meaning I've never dropped any profession on any character.

My main character's a rogue and has Leatherworking/Skinning. During BC I was quite tempted to drop LW and get Herbalism instead, because I was so fed up with paying horrible prices for raid flasks or the corresponding materials. Instead I leveld my first alt (shaman) to 70, gave her Herbalism and Alchemy and after making quite some money by selling herbs even got my first ever epic fllight skill for her, just to farm herbs more efficiently :D

Nowadays I got every profession except Blacksmithing and Engineering maxed on some character. That's quite handy ^^

My Main took Herb/Alchy in vanilla - when they brought out the professions bonuses I kept the Herb one until I hit lvl80 and swapped to Leather working. Levelled that from 1-400 for the fur lining in about 2 hours.

my hunter has gone from eng/mining to skin/lw to JJC/bs

My Shadow Priest (which I stopped playing in Ulduar) has now had everything apart from Skinning.. Including having Leatherworking and Tailoring twice..

Deleted

My mage started with herbalism and mining, then changed mining to skining, then skining to tailoring, then herbalism to enchanting and then tailoring to JWC. So now JWC/Ench

Mining and Blacksmithing, never changed since level 5 when I first got them.
    Really though, why do people change professions like 50 times, max and drop, max and drop etc?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Engineering / Tailoring now; only had mining before but if they are going to introduce mounts for every profession I'm gonna switch between every profession (and hope they make an extra archievement for having had every prof)

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    Mining and Blacksmithing, never changed since level 5 when I first got them.
    Really though, why do people change professions like 50 times, max and drop, max and drop etc?
    Because certain profs. gain and lose certain things. On my current main, I had Mining and herbing. Then engineering and mining. Then inscription and herbing. then inscription and blacksmithing. Then engineering and blacksmithing.

I changed the first time because I switched mains to my pally from my warlock and wanted more dps oriented profs.

2nd switch was because engineering sucked at the time.

Then went to inscription basically because i didn't want to farm Hodir rep.

Then I got hodir to exalted anyways, and herbing didn't have any gains for dps or healing. So i switched to BS and inscription. Also leveled up my warlock to 80, who I dropped tailoring on him to pick up gather profs to become my farming toon.

I then switched my main spec from dps to healing, and inscription sucks for healing, and engineering was one of my more favorite profs, so I switched again.

As you can see professions can switch due to many reasons,

Fwap - US Lothar

In vanilla on my warlock I went Mining Blacksmith (I didnt know what I was doing) Dropped BS for tailoring about 3months before TBC arrived, Dropped mining for enchanting about 2months before WOTLK arrived, stayed with these Tailor/Ench since so only had the 4 proffs on my main in 4 and a half years of playing