I desperately need help with my priest!!!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Kagesaishi

I know i have really crap gear but the other day i got blown away by a even less geared priest than me :[
    In both dps then raid healing.

So please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Re: I desperately need help with my priest!!!

enchant your gear : \
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

for starters, your shadow spec is...well....bad......and your disc spec.......yeah thats bad too.

If this is your shadowgear.....more hit....then , more haste.........post a rotation...

if youre failing at raid healing, its mostly because disc isnt traditionally for "raid healing" its main tank healing or damage absorbs. Get the addition to recount for guessed absorbs, if youre "doin disc right" itll be super high and roughly equalling the healing of the top person.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Uh, you gave us the best examples of what you did. Instead of saying "WHAT AM I DOING QQQQ"
    Give us details about your rotation, what fight, etc etc.

1. enchant your gear....
    2. Your disc, the other one prolly was holy or his gear was way better. (and he had enchants : )
    3. Your specs not what they should be for PVE, same for your glyphs.

thanks. yeah i kinda knew it was going to be bad. but also i know nothing about priest just lvled it. Im coming from a hunter standpoint

Anything else?

I know it might be obvious, but you know that most of the "healing" a Disc priest does isn't actually healing right? They're based mostly on absorbs. So unless you have an addon that factors those in in some way, your healing is always going to be lower than other healing classes if you're looking at meters.

Second, Disc priests are mediocre raid healers. You really shine on tank healing because of the massive absorbs and the massive damage reduction you throw around. Nobody can prevent nearly as much damage as a disc priest.

Beyond that, you seem to have a lot of haste for your gear level. It's not too high; in fact it's right around what you ultimately want it to be. It's just that it seems really high compared to, for example, your spellpower. Discipline priests want to stack spellpower and Int up the yin-yang. You also have an awful lot of Spirit for a disc priest. It's nearly useless for you; you want Int as your primary regen stat.

Edit: Yeah, you want to check on your spec too. You're missing some important talents, like Grace.

Elitist Jerks is very helpful for specs/rotations and such. While they do lack in the shadow priest department compared to other classes, it's still full of useful info. As for healing, Holy is amazing compared to disc. They're also a lot more useful than Disc Priests in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    As for healing, Holy is amazing compared to disc. They're also a lot more useful than Disc Priests in most cases.
    You do realize that to a large degree, holy priests are interchangeable with resto druids, while no other healer brings to the table the type of raid damage control that disc does, right?

Insert standard lecture on benefits of disc here...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    You do realize that to a large degree, holy priests are interchangeable with resto druids, while no other healer brings to the table the type of raid damage control that disc does, right?

Insert standard lecture on benefits of disc here...
    Insert little known fact that Discipline Priests are just as replacable as any non-Paladin healing class, despite them liking to think otherwise.

Edit: And Holy has what it has, burst survival, control. It's why Druids are envious, despite "omg meterz". Other than mobility, the only things they have going are Rebirth, and the ability to Innervate the Holy Paladins. A druid can keep people stable, it's Holy's job to get them stable. They aren't really as interchangable as people think, and a tab-target-shield-spammer is more likely to get replaced by a Druid than a decent Holy Priest.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Insert little known fact that Discipline Priests are just as replacable as any non-Paladin healing class, despite them liking to think otherwise.

Edit: And Holy has what it has, burst survival, control. It's why Druids are envious, despite "omg meterz". Other than mobility, the only things they have going are Rebirth, and the ability to Innervate the Holy Paladins. A druid can keep people stable, it's Holy's job to get them stable. They aren't really as interchangable as people think, and a tab-target-shield-spammer is more likely to get replaced by a Druid than a decent Holy Priest.
    About the most common sense i've heard about disc vs holy in a long time.

Hey every healing class is replaceable, I'm not going to argue against that. I'm not sitting here saying that disc is the best thing since sliced bread, but I am going to respectfully disagree with you about the 'ease' of running a raid w/o them vs w/o just "any" other healer, much in the same way that it's less easy to run if you specifically opt to go without a holy paladin.

The one area of utility brought by a discipline priests that cannot be cloned by other healing classes is the ability to considerably increase the average effective health of their targets, and the instantaneous effective health by as much as 8-20k. I'll be surprised if you argue that this is insubstantial, though I'll certainly agree that having a disc priest in a raid is by no means mandatory to a raid's success any more than any other healer.

In a 25-man raid though, assuming you're looking to build a group for a range of bosses and not just min-maxing for a specific boss, would you disagree that most raid leaders would want 1 or 2 holy pallies specifically for their massive throughput on tank healing, 1 disc priest specifically for their EH and pre-mitigative ability, and then a blend (based on their preference) of resto shaman, holy priest, and resto druid to do the balance of the strategic healing as the fight demands? Personally I think discipline priests are less of the jack-of-all-trades than holy priests by a fair margin, and that leaves them a little more restricted in the roles to which they can best serve (though horrible misperceptions by the player-base at large make this worse than it should be).

a tab-target-shield-spammer is more likely to get replaced by a Druid than a decent Holy Priest.
    If you have a disc priest whose sole concept of healing is to shield spam, just replace them period...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Kagesaishi
    but also i know nothing about priest just lvled it.
    I can't for the life of me understand how this happens. How in the world do you play a class for 80 levels and not know a thing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Usually I'm not so much into just Linking something, but it seems to me like you need a good resource.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t83203-w...thas_downfall/

Is a good place to look for a lot of answers, It'll get you going in the right direction.

Keep in mind, as a Discipline priest, your healing numbers WILL appear to be low, since a large percentage of your 'healing' is through absorbed damage, which is not measured on Healing Meters.