Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Hunters out-threat me.

There are a handful of elitist guilds who will suspend or gkick hunters from their raids for pulling off of a tank.

Not that we're an "elitist" guild but we've come very close to kicking hunters in the past for pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhgon
    So like, using Valiance wouldn't make me loads harder to heal with out the nearly 100% uptime 200 dodge?
    Well you have the increased Block Value for mitigation and threat, but your issue isnt survivability here, i thought it was threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Distorter
    Well you have the increased Block Value for mitigation and threat, but your issue isnt survivability here, i thought it was threat?
    Well it's not, but I didn't know if it would make me harder to heal or not.
    Yi li lao shu shi, huai le yi guo zhou.
    Translation: A tiny piece of mouse dropping ruins the entire pot of soup.
    Translation Translation: Don't fuck up my Immortal run.

As far as gearing to help u with threat.

Get the BV libram or the 200 STR Libram from Badges.
    Neck from Ony or Toc10 (with expertise)

For 5 mans, put on some dps gear. I do heroics for the daily with dps gear and below the def cap but even the harder hitting heroic mobs only crit for maybe 5-6k but with 40k health (even in dps gear), that really isn't an issue, neither will your threat. I actually out dps most dps in heroics on some boss fights, topping out at about 5k dps. With a good amount of block value gear + libram of valiance + greatness deck and deaths choice, I get about 3k block value with procs. Even in random groups, healers don't heal me that much and its like running with 4 dps and 1 healer. Now, if I happen to get one of the new heroics, I go full tanking gear for those since the mobs (and especially bosses) do hit pretty hard and for the most part, badly geared dps don't get into those instances with the queues.

My gear is just about the same as yours and you shouldny be losing aggro at all.....The only thing i can think of is what others have said(make sure RF is up ).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Imo, get the 200 str libram. Also, the higher your weapon damage the better threat you have. There's a looong thread at tankspot that lists almost every single weapon you can get your hands on. It also has a thread on how to gem/gear, and keep in mind that with the changes more STR= more SP = more threat.

Someone else mentioned it, but if you're having threat problems and not having 'amg i am dying' problems, the DMC:G is a really nice trinket to get.

If it's a raid you might consider getting the lesser glyph of 'sense undead'. Maybe try to pick up more expertise and drop the glyph for seal of vengeance and get the judgment glyph. Also, yell more at the hunters for not MDing off cooldown and FD'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo
    Maybe try to pick up more expertise and drop the glyph for seal of vengeance and get the judgment glyph.

Glyph of Vengeance is a great source of expertise so telling him to get more expertise but drop the glyph kinda seems strange, did you mean drop the glyph after he gets to closer to the hard cap through gear maybe?

As to the OP's other question (dropping Defiance for Valiance) it's effect on your healing will depend on what you are running. If it's Heroics no not really a big deal, your standard avoidance, or what I saw on your character sheet, will carry you just fine through heroics. If you are raiding ToC10 or beyond I dont recommend it for the sake of the poor soul that will be healing you.

Although you could always try it and tell your healers what you are up to and ask them for direct feedback.

If you are going to swap gear start with your trinkets. As for what gear you should buy with your frost emblems, I'd go with trinkets again. Drop that avoidance trinket in favor of the skeleton key for more stamina, or you could upgrade your back with the frost emblem cloak either would be a significant upgrade for you...

what are you currently raiding anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Varhgon
    Instead of just starting a new topic, I'll bump this one. Simple question, should I buy the cloak, the trinket, the gloves/shoulders, or the T10 gloves/shoulders? Armory is in the first post, please help.
    Start a new topic imo.

Trinket is one of the best you can get for EH, so I would probably go with that first since it might be a while before you upgrade it.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account

Hunters do mass threat, but they have Feign Death and Misdirect, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek
    There's 4 reason a Hunter could out-threat you.
    1. The Hunter is an idiot and uses Distracting Shot
    2. The Hunter is an idiot and does not Misdirect.
    3. The Hunter is an idiot and does not Feign Death.
    4. You are a terrible Tank

There is not a tank out there that i can't pull agro off when i want and how i want.
    Hunters have no passive -threat reducers like most other classes, that's why we have FD on a 30sec cd.

Baseline is, good hunters use it (and manage there threat meanwhile), bad hunters deserve to get killled, just remember to taunt the mob back when they died.
    Hate to see the healer die to.

That's just how it is, don't worry about it.

if a hunter needs to misdirect and feign death more than once in a fight your tank is doing something wrong. i'm pretty sure thats what gotjuice was trying to say. i personally dislike having to pop fd every cd if the tank fails hardcore (coughcough twin valkyrs)

not to say i won't fd if i need to. it's really bad if the tank needs you to feign more than twice. plus, rogues have tricks. bad tanks let dps die because they pulled threat in a raid and refuse to taunt. just like bad healers let people die because they stood in fire for an extra second more than they should have. whatever, do your job zomg (btw speaking from experience from having tanked, healed, and dpsed most raid encounters minus heroic content). raiding is hard

50k paladins i cant overaggro, but mid geared tanks sometimes have hard time managin my 7k dps in hcs...
    if hunts dont use their fd + md let them die... to be fun i sometimes just kite them around till it dies or tank taunts
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe

There is not a tank out there that i can't pull agro off when i want and how i want.
    Hunters have no passive -threat reducers like most other classes, that's why we have FD on a 30sec cd.

Baseline is, good hunters use it (and manage there threat meanwhile), bad hunters deserve to get killled, just remember to taunt the mob back when they died.
    Hate to see the healer die to.

That's just how it is, don't worry about it.
    that implies the healer has 2nd highest threat after the hunter, probably not the case. if hunter dies cause he pulled off the tank, then the tank is most likely the next one on the threat list. healer shouldnt really be close. unless of course he too distracting shotted the mob....

Dont know why your even discussing wether or not to let the hunter die, because he wont. Feign death + deterrence (readiness etc).

To lose aggro on some mobs in a heroic, doesnt say your a bad tank. Good geared hunters can pull aggro on them when they want. That goes for most classes. I use MD every cooldown, but sadly there isnt 30seconds between every pull. Theres also several mobs for the tank to keep threat on, and he gotta do his rotation.
    In raids however, on a single target, tank shouldnt have a problem keeping aggro. MD on pull, and a feign death a bit into the fight if needed, and threat shouldnt be a problem at all.
    Sounds like your problem in 10mans is that the hunter/mage want to pull aggro, rather than cooperate.