Thread: Borderlands

Deleted

Borderlands

I know that it's a few months old, but I bought Borderlands a week ago, and I must say that I've had a lot of fun with it. The story might be a bit lacking, but I think that with our perky little guardian angel, and the many different characters ingame, I am fully satisfied with the story never the less.

The NPC's that you meet is really what brings this game life. They are not afraid to roughen up the tone a bit ("This is Nine-Toes - also, he has three balls") and while its a bit sad that some towns has only one character and that these characters never even move from their spots, I think the writing for each of them is quite humerous.

Before i bought it, i was really worried that it would get bored really quickly. All that shooting? Pfft. I was so wrong. With the constant changing of new weapons, we have a constant change of gameplay. Heck, even running out of ammo will force you to fall back to another weapon, which changes your interaction with the monsters.

I always get the feeling that the areas are really huge, but even without a vehicle to get around, it doesn't take too long to cover the ground, even on some of the larger maps like Rust Commons East and West.

There are plenty of side missions, and some fun ones at that, and the game has a really nice flow to it, giving a nice progression through each area.

Obviously, the playable characters are very interesting. I am currently playing a Siren, because i thought that it was the only class that I would really enjoy, but as i wanted to make a new character earlier today for fun, i took the one i thought i would have the least fun with: Brick. And despite my prejustice, the complete change of gameplay was amazing fun.

And then there are the guns. Oh, the guns. Its fun to pick up a weapon and realise how awesome it is, and then you happen to use it for the next 10 levels. You wont ever think to find another weapon, and then suddenly, you are running around with a whole arsenal of super sweet weapons, and can't decide on what kind of awesome you want to dish out.

I have yet to try it co-op, as there seems to be a few issues with the PC version and joining multiplayer games. But if its anything like single player (and i believe its a LOT more fun with friends), then it's going to be awesome.

Whats your take on the game?

Re: Borderlands

Personally playing as brick, i found the game quite fun, i liked the quests (although they can be repetative) it reminded me alot of WoW, like the item profs for example: Uncommon, Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary weapons, talent trees e.t.c i found brick to be almost like a tank taking heavy ammounts of damage, speccing into increased health, reduced damage all that stuff so i found the game less challenging than it actually was.

Then i started a new game as Lilith and i saw a totally new side of the game, it was hard, killing brusiers, or even alpha skags in skag gully was a challenge and her class skill wasnt amazing either, it was good for getting out of sticky situations it required a more tactical approach to the game and not charging in using bricks berzerk and kicking the crap out of everything in sight, and healing at the same time so it can be a challenging game if picking the right class to play :P

The only thing i found dissapointing was the DLC content, they really didnt shine to be honest :S
    Classic WoW.

I like it alot, however the ending is kind of a big disappointment.

One of the biggest problems that wasteland games have is the lack of varied environment: you got wastelands, underground bunker, and trash dump. That constant scenery gets a bit repetitive.

But aside from that its pretty enjoyable, i like the huge amount of guns the most. I'm playing as Mordecai "The Hunter". My favorite so far is the Chimera revolver made from Atlas.

Huh, I haven't played it, it sounds cool though!

This game is amazing, and the addon content was all well worth the money and a lot of fun (Something rare anymore)

The ending was a bit of a letdown.

Overall, totally my favorite game of the year.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.

i started my game as mordecai (who doesnt like snipers?) and he was awesome, hes currently around lvl 38 and he just beat the first wereskagg (zombie island expansion ) and im gonna try mad moxis arena (watched preview and when all the human(ish) bosses showed up, i KNEW i had to have it). love the game, hope theyre gonna make more expansions (like a fallout 3 sorta thing since that game has like 4 er 5 expansions) or make a sequel. i HIGHLY recommend this game.

but yes....the ending was a disappointment
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

15+ Year Old Account

I love the game. It was slow to pick up at first but next thing you know I was up all night playing the game. I bought it about a week and a half ago, and have never been happier.

System link co-op is the best.

I just bought the two expansions the other night, the zombie one is a lot of fun, and have yet to try the other.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account

good game but i hate the quest tracking thing .. they need to add muti quest tracker

Brick player here!

I am totally addicted to Borderlands. My guildmates kinda have to send me on a guildtrip to actually get on WoW now since I just completely lose track of time.

A bunch of people told me Borderlands gets old but I really like the whole dungeoneering aspect of it and the massive collection of guns. Respecs are also very cheap so you can experiment with builds as much as you like.

Tried going Tank on my Brick but Brawler is still the best spec even through the second playthrough (looking forward to the third one - HEROIC MODE!). Blaster Brick is a bit of a letdown...for me anyway.

Here's my Brick's build

http://borderlandsthegame.com/skillt...55052050000000

It's a solid build even during the second playthrough, Im still level 45 and I just need to put those last points on Payback and Unbreakable.

I died alittle inside at the ending, seriously wtf,
    It was cheap and lazy,
    I hope in Borderlands 2 we get into the vault, i want meh ep1cz

Currently level 50 on Mordecai and farming new haven in playthrough 2.5 for a Cyclops weapon, since that's the only weapon i need to be complete on my Mordecai.

I must say i love it, but i found it to easy as Mordecai and sniper. Most things that was repetitive (Bricks, bandits, skags, etc.) could be oneshot if done correctly, even a fair amount of the Atlas/Lance corporation could be one shot if we include the pestilence damage. And this goes for both playthrough 1, 2 and 2.5

Badass/BadMuthas/Superbad are generally where the fun is as a sniper though.

My favorite enemy as a sniper has to be the Spiderants. Pretty much because they are the only thing that gives a challenge by now.
    My most fun fight in the game was a random Spiderant encounter in playthough 2 (not 2.5), where i had like 4 or 5 BadMuthas, some kings/queens + all the normals: http://bllets.dk/images/ScreenShot00002.jpg

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to play when my Sniper Mordecai is complete

Note: Haven't played any of the Addons yet.

Borderlands is amazing, played through it as a sniper, soldier and berserker.

My fav is the sniper, i also co-oped trhough the game (which is waaay more fun) and also co-oped through the DLCs.

Zombie island was great, with awesome humor in it, though again, the ending was kind of lame, just like with the original.

The second DLC didnt really appeal to me as much, waay to repetetive (spelling?) and grindy, but it was some form of entertainment, none the less. (and the music was kewl)

Overall, if you like wow, and like fps, you probably love this game, go try it.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets
    Currently level 50 on Mordecai and farming new haven in playthrough 2.5 for a Cyclops weapon, since that's the only weapon i need to be complete on my Mordecai.

I must say i love it, but i found it to easy as Mordecai and sniper. Most things that was repetitive (Bricks, bandits, skags, etc.) could be oneshot if done correctly, even a fair amount of the Atlas/Lance corporation could be one shot if we include the pestilence damage. And this goes for both playthrough 1, 2 and 2.5

Badass/BadMuthas/Superbad are generally where the fun is as a sniper though.

My favorite enemy as a sniper has to be the Spiderants. Pretty much because they are the only thing that gives a challenge by now.
    My most fun fight in the game was a random Spiderant encounter in playthough 2 (not 2.5), where i had like 4 or 5 BadMuthas, some kings/queens + all the normals: http://bllets.dk/images/ScreenShot00002.jpg

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to play when my Sniper Mordecai is complete

Note: Haven't played any of the Addons yet.
    What is playthough 2.5? O.o I have beat the game on 2nd play through. How do I get to 2.5??? And can you post a screenshot of your spec somehow?(i am also hunter) and what is pestilence damage!?! And how do you get good weapons like cyclops weapons?!? I am such a noob help me! :'(

I played as Siren, picked up a hellfire SMG (legendary incendiary SMG), and steamrolled all the content.

The end.

There is no real playthough 2.5. When you beat the game on the 2nd playthrough all the enemies get boosted to level 48+ or something. I forget. Quests don't reset though, sadly.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

I have the PC verison and i Have to say great game... Muitiplayer tryed it seems good...

BUt both DlC cant run them for some reason because of SecuROM.... everytime i run them they ask em the code and it stops at 30%

so its a great game DlC sometimes bad

but anyone knwo why that its happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    What is playthough 2.5? O.o I have beat the game on 2nd play through. How do I get to 2.5??? And can you post a screenshot of your spec somehow?(i am also hunter) and what is pestilence damage!?! And how do you get good weapons like cyclops weapons?!? I am such a noob help me! :'(
    Playthrough 2.5 is basically playthrough 2 after you complete it.

After playthrough 2 have been finished, and you play it again all mobs are level 48+, some are even above level 50. Generally all items that drops have a level 48 requirement, except the eridian weapons which will have a level 49 requirement. This goes for shield, grenade mods and weapons.
    And as said, playthrough 2.5 is not a official name for it. It's just something created by the fans. It's also called playthrough 2+ or playthrough 2 advanced play.

Pestilence damage doesn't exist, that was just me who got confused with the revolver known as Pestilent Defiler. What i meant was corrosive damage, which is the acid. The damage from it is shown as green numbers.

My spec can be seen here: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/sk...00000005055005
    And my reason for the spec is simple that as said, if played right I'm seeing 99999 crits on creatures with high crit modifiers (Like lava crabs) and +15-25k crits on normal mobs. Lethal strike is for the bugs that take increased damage from melee. They pretty much gets "oneslashed" if lethal strike procs.

And the best way to get weapons is to farm New haven in playthrough 2.5 (As in after completing playthrough 2).
    This is done like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4zg0t1I4WY

Quote Originally Posted by Funkbucket
    I died alittle inside at the ending, seriously wtf,
    It was cheap and lazy,
    I hope in Borderlands 2 we get into the vault, i want meh ep1cz
    So did i

But i have played through the game 3 times now with 2 different friends.
    First time i was a soldier and my friend was a beserker. It was ok. Died alot and got repetitive.
    Second time i was a hunter and my friend was a soldier. Now this was awesome. Hunter speced for blood wing is a loot fest Legendary sniper drop FTW
    Third playthrough was the same but higher levels. It was a one shot fest
    I like mudflips

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets

Pestilence damage doesn't exist, that was just me who got confused with the revolver known as Pestilent Defiler. What i meant was corrosive damage, which is the acid. The damage from it is shown as green numbers.
    When a weapon is marked as "Pestilence" it not only does corrosive damage but it has a higher corrosive splash aoe it's pretty sick

So I'm a 360 player with pretty bad luck in finding items. Does anyone have a spare of any of these that they'd be willing to trade or give away?

-Good automatic sniper (~1000 damage preferably? To one shot Sirens in 1v1 )

-Good rocket. Damage in the high 2000s?

-One of those amazing Hellfire SMGs I can't find. My current one is like 2k dps, but no elemental damage. I"m sure the hellfire would be better.

-Shield better than 1399 capacity. Perhaps one with +health when I'm on my Siren 1v1ing Hunters (damn their Armor Pen)
    Team Pandemic
    Matt "BLiTZ" Siegfried

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    When a weapon is marked as "Pestilence" it not only does corrosive damage but it has a higher corrosive splash aoe it's pretty sick
    Sure you don't mean Pestilent?

Also pestilent only means x4 Corrosive. Splash damage to the hits are unique to certain legendaries, like the Pestilent Defiler which has the flavour text: "Give Sick" which add and i quote:
    "The special accessory added to this gun ensures that it will have a 100% chance to corrode the enemy, and causes a large splash, corroding nearby enemies as well. It also has a higher elemental damage than any other Corrosive weapon. This effect is similar to the "Pele demands a sacrifice!" on the Maliwan Volcano."

On the other side though Corrosive will spread to nearby enemies if someone close have it, but that doesn't mean it's a splash like the Pestilent Defiler has. Again i quote:
    "While an enemy is under the damage over time effect of a corrosive weapon, they can also spread the effect to nearby enemies."

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive
    http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pestilent_Defiler
    http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/We..._.28General.29

Corrosive however is AWESOME against Crimson Lance <3

I still haven't found my Cyclops or figured out which character to play when i have