Deleted

[Movie]: Aquaman

Loving the trailer, khal drogo, sharks with freakin lazerz, mosasaur

Aquaman (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477834/

NOT YET RATED - Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure
    RELEASE DATE - December 21, 2018
    DIRECTOR - James Wan
    WRITTEN BY - Will Beall, Geoff Johns, James Wan
    CAST - Willem Dafoe, Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Ludi Lin, Patrick Wilson, Michael Beach, Randall Park, Temuera Morrison, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren

SYNOPSIS - Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.

This is Aquaman's first solo film within the DC Extended Universe, following the character's appearances in Batman V Superman and Justice League. James Wan was hired as director in 2015, and the supporting cast (including Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren, and Patrick Wilson) signed on at various points in 2016 and 2017. Jason Momoa was announced as Arthur Curry back in 2014. Principal photography started in May 2017 and wrapped in October of that year. It's been confirmed the events of Aquaman take place after Justice League.

In the comics, the Aquaman character made his debut in More Fun Comics #73, which was published in November 1941. He rose to further prominence during the Silver Age of the 1950s and 1960s when he became a founding member of the Justice League.

oh lol, ty twitter <3
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiR673KUcAAKuKM.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiV0bzmWAAEZecE.jpg
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-08-03 at 04:27 AM.

No plans to see it, it looks like shit. Jason Momoa is a cool choice for Aquaman but the dude's acting outside of Game of Thrones has been a bit questionable. From some of the trailer shots I've seen it doesn't look like he's giving a very solid performance, but it's hard to tell since they're shitty DC film trailers.

Deleted
    Looks cool but well... DC

The one how designed Black Manta helmet most be fired.
    Last edited by Lunkwow; 2018-07-22 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Manta not Mantis you dult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 everyone goes to to see it coz of the redhead.

It doesn't look too bad, I will probably go and see it for the balance between DC and Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkwow View Post
    The one how designed Black Mantis helmet most be fired.
    Come again?

Same low standard CGI than Justice League... some video game just look better than that.

But oh well... I highfived Jason Momoa at Comicon and told him I would go see the movie. ("Under the sea! Under the Sea!!)

The helmet looks like fun loving bug helmet then the cool viscous Black Manta's helmet that it should be in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Looks cool but well... DC
    What about DC? Or do you mean Zack Snyder's DC movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think he means ALL of DC.

imo, the Dark Knight trilogy are the only good movies DC has managed to put out. Wonder Woman is just below those, fun but not great, and literally every other DC movie is far far far worse.

Deleted
    Talking about movies here

They tried so hard to copy Marvels success and failed misserabely Dark knight trilogy was awesome, WW was good but I didn't really enjoy it that much as other people do...

Man of steel was 6/10 for me, rest mediocre or bad

Jumping straight into "Avengers" type of movie without individual movies for characters to establish some backstory makes it cramped with scenes that tells nothing

James Wan made me excited to see a DCEU film... starring Aquabro.

Black Manta looks like a fucking boss. I worry there will be too much in the movie- Fishermen, Ocean King, Xebel, Trench, Mantas. Seems like a lot, James Wan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at JL but also if you compare BvS with Extended I would say it is more DCs fault than Zacks. That they made JL be under 2h because they rather wanted more screenings per day than a good movie. They are reactionary. WW did great and like that they added more scences of her in JL and because of the "lighter" tone they also changed that with the help of Joss Whedon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It doesn’t look like they are underwater... it bothers me. I noticed the same thing on the movie poster, but I didn’t think the movie would also look that way. Maybe it’s the lack of movement in the hair and bubbles, as well as no ripples/light bending, IDK. It’s just... off.

- - - Updated - - -

Amber Heard is a shit actor... and no one likes her after what happened with Johnny Depp. Poor casting decision, imo.
    Yeah totally agree.

But in James Wan we trust. That makes me hopeful but I am conflicted about the movie. I'll end up watching it, but with low expectations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post

It doesn't look too bad, I will probably go and see it for the balance between DC and Marvel.
    Her costume is dreadful, like Green Lantern dreadful.

To me it looks like they have tried to take the opposite approach to the Snyder style, everything is overly bright and overly shiny to the point where nothing looks even the slightest bit real or that it exists in the same plane of existence as the drab, washed out, miserable looking on land stuff.

Also the trailer makes it seem like the plot is just a whole bunch of grim-dark nonsense with Mamoa doing some lazy quips and jokes to try and artificially capture the kind of banter in Marvel movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post

I am awaiting outrage culture to hop on the 'repressed train' and demand that scene be removed for being offensive to red heads. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

looks like a super generic origin story with mediocre CGI.

but hey, maybe this will be the first good DC movie who knows.

I like the actor and think he could really bud into a good action star if he can land some decent roles in decent movies (a problem these days). It is a comic book movie so I am not worried all that much about realism or reality so that takes a lot of worry away. Over all it looks like what it should be.. and over the top action flick based around a comic book. I don't see many movies in the theaters these days anymore since usually its only a couple months now until you can just watch it at home anymore.. but I am sure this is one I will end up watching on the recliner line most movies these days.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    looks like a super generic origin story with mediocre CGI.

but hey, maybe this will be the first good DC movie who knows.
    So, literally every super hero movie ever made.