Hellgate: Ressurection

Wasn't sure if anyone had heard much about Hanbisoft's attempt to reproduce Hellgate: London back into America, I know they recently released it in Asia. Wanted to know if anyone had information on when they are planning to release it, beta, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hellgate: Ressurection

Is that a new game or just something old repacked, rereleased etc?
    I actually liked Hellgate: London, and I think it's better than Borderlands RPG- and visual-wise and worse action-wise.

After the huge sink it had with Hellgate:London I don't think many people will be buying it..
    The games dead, they should leave it in the ground to rot, not dig it up and hope it'll go again

To be fair, I really don't buy that the game was ever really finished. It was still a mess at release...

Deleted

It's in Europe as well fyi.

But yes, I can't wait for it! I played the original game since open beta almost to the end of it, ofc as an avid subscriber. From what I've seen of what Hanbitsoft has done to the game it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by deadcell
    To be fair, I really don't buy that the game was ever really finished. It was still a mess at release...
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Augi
    It's in Europe as well fyi.

But yes, I can't wait for it! I played the original game since open beta almost to the end of it, ofc as an avid subscriber. From what I've seen of what Hanbitsoft has done to the game it looks great.
    Is it a complete new game based on the old Ping0 engine or is it just a repackaged version of London?

The game had HUGE potential... but it was managed by an idiot (Bill Roper).

And to the people defending his reputation saying he was great on Diablo and everyone makes mistakes...

Well, he was very low in the development team at Diablo and this isn't his only mistake... go check out Champions Online.

Deleted

They continued with the original game and made their own updates, patches and all that. They pretty much picked off where the game was at when Flagship died. Also since the OP asked, afaik they are planning to have a release in America and Europe sometime in March, but don't quote me on that as I just got it off of various sites using Google. Oh, and the expansion Hellgate: Tokyo, lulz. Anyways, I'm off to school! *poof gone*