Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    How about some instrumental djent?

I just ordered both of their albums. I feel I have been missing out since I don't have any yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Point 1:I think he was asking for songs specifically ABOUT the end of the world. Not ones that "sound like apocalypse".
    Point 2:Posting videos is kinda the point of this thread, I wouldn't really expect it to cease.
    You can link it without embedding it, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    You can link it without embedding it, you know?
    Uh yeah, no, I know from experience on dozens of forums not to mention Facebook that people are much more likely to check out a song if they can just click and play it right there rather than having to open a link in another window.

Like these:

Deleted
    Uh, yeah, thanks for making it a pain to open the thread, then.

Although it's not an official rule for this subforum, it does fall under the unwritten guideline of "not everybody is viewing the forums on a gaming rig with a 24 Mb/s connection" to not link too many videos. Two or three is understandable every once in a while, but 3-7 with every post is too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    "not everybody is viewing the forums on a gaming rig with a 24 Mb/s connection"
    100! *boogies*

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    100! *boogies*
    Yeah well some of us are American, which damn well means we're going to have shitty internet service because ... long story involving government regulation, fiber optic cables being put into the ground, then abandoned with a lift of regulation. Anyways:

The bass feels so goddamn organic in this album. I'm usually not one for guitar solos, but the solo in this is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post

Insomnium - Unsung

Now how cool is that, can't stop listening!
    It's a good song, but tbh, as far as melodeath goes, I don't find it especially better than any other band playing the style. I mean, I enjoy it and all, but it doesn't hook me any moreso than old In Flames, or old Dark Tranquility, or Amon Amarth, or Soilwork, or even less big names like Gardenian or Quo Vadis...

Slayer - Still is my all time favorite

Pantera - Phil enough said !

Sepultura - Yea im kinda old school huh but it has to be the original singer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think most of this "thrash metal" or whatever is pretty garbage, or "trash metal" hehe.....it all sounds the same, and you can't understand the lyrics at all, usually no melody, couldn't tell one group from another. Just reminds me of really bad pvp videos on youtube.

Only band I like is dethklok cause of the show metalocalypse.....best way to appreciate metal is thru satire.

In Flames
    Disturbed
    Avenged Sevenfold
    <3

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    i heard the discography first of breaking benjamin. Really cool guys. They are more rock than metal. Secondly and forever best band in my heart disturbed. These dudes don't f**k, they make amazing music relaxing and at the same moment inoculate music. After i downloaded hammerfall & metallica's albums. Great music. But disturbed forever
    1 disturbed
    2 hammerfall
    3 bb
    4 metallica
    metal & disturbed forever
    disturbed !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Honestly I think most of this "thrash metal" or whatever is pretty garbage, or "trash metal" hehe.....it all sounds the same, and you can't understand the lyrics at all, usually no melody, couldn't tell one group from another. Just reminds me of really bad pvp videos on youtube.

Only band I like is dethklok cause of the show metalocalypse.....best way to appreciate metal is thru satire.
    Initial outlook changes everything. You can't listen to metal going in with the idea that it all sounds like a bunch of barnyard animals grunting over distorted guitars, just like you can't go into Electronic Music with the idea that it's just a bunch of stupid beeps and boops. Anyways:

Stoner/Sludge/Doom with heavy violin use.

onestly I think most of this "thrash metal" or whatever is pretty garbage, or "trash metal" hehe.....it all sounds the same, and you can't understand the lyrics at all, usually no melody, couldn't tell one group from another. Just reminds me of really bad pvp videos on youtube.

Then why post in this thread? And yes, Dethklok is a joke-band. Also, fyi, it's perfectly possible to understand the lyrics of Thrash Metal. Death Metal, which is probably what you are thinking of, is also easily possible to understand if you have a trained ear (aka, if you have listened to extreme Metal more than once before)

Pretty cool Thrash band, one of many that were overlooked because of the rise of Grunge (oh god), and Death Metal taking over the underground scene:

Instrumental from the same album

And Stormcall, I do think Insomnium have quite an unique sound when it comes to Melodeath. I mean, obviously some parts are going to sound similair, since it's the same genre, but they have this aura of darkness and melancholy in their songs that makes them stand out. One of my fav songs by them:

They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account

I know, right?!

Deleted

This album makes me happy This group overall makes me happy. But nothing like The Black Dahlia Murder <3

Deleted

REALLY good melodic death metal

Deleted
    Can't stop listening to this

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

Can't find melodies or understand the lyrics in thrash?.... Errr, ya can't understand what Hetfield/Mustaine/Belladonna/Any other thrash metal singer, ya can't understand english. Honestly, it seems as if your definition of thrash and general metal is norwegian black metal from the 80's produced on a toaster.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted

german pagan <3