Thread: [Music] Metal

http://www.live365.com/index.live

Great for gaming, check Epic Rock Radio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Have you guys listened to the new Cannibal Corpse ? It's pretty awesome. Sounds a bit like Kill.
    Wait... the new Cannibal Corpse sounds like the old Cannibal Corpse? Who'd have thunk it!

That said, I do like how on one of the new tracks they basically sound like Morbid Angel.

Speaking of which, I also like how Pete Sandoval in a Terrorizer interview (band + 'zine) stated that he would never have played the crap that was on the new Morbid Angel album.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Depends on what do we insist on calling modern but there are quite a few relatively modern metalcore or deathcore bands that are pretty damn good, if you know where to look.

Plus, I'd take even bad metalcore over glam metal .
    That's why I added popular rather than leaving it at modern. One of my favorite metal albums of 2011 was a fantastic Metalcore/Sludge fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    It's not my fault I'm getting banned :X

You should blame the person that keeps hold of me when I'm drunk ! Anyway... >_<

What do you guys say we talk about Thrash Now? I have a question. What's your favorite Megadeth Era? Since Megadeth is one of my top favorite bands, I have a really hard time deciding... while I think Friedman was godly with his guitar solos, Megadeth sounded that more ''raw'' to me in the first cd's.

Just listen at 3:30 when Mustaine starts singing , that riff, his voice... that screams ''thrash'' to me. So fucking good !
    I must say around the Rust in peace era!

Deleted

Worth a repost

Deleted
    ...and I raise you...Yarilo!

Really gotta see Arkona live at some point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken4death View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6_65LDZ60
    They are touring the US in April and playing at several festivals in the German speaking regions of Europe during the summer.
    http://www.arkona-russia.com/en/eafisha/

I love me some METAL

I am a huge 'old-skool' Metallica fan - meaning their material BEFORE the Black album. Other than that, I really enjoy european power metal, such as Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken4death View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6_65LDZ60
    Ahh, gotta love European cultures! I salute you !

Something else from my Homeland:

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Negura Bunget live a while ago. Was a weird feeling, sort of like watching a really good cover band.

I suggest you give Dordeduh a listen if you haven't done so already. It has the creative part of Negura Bunget after the split.

Deleted
    Yea, I know about Dordeduh. Great artists, on both parts.

I fucking despise these "real" metalheads that now hate Negura after the split. Apparently it's a trend to hate a band when something happens, take for instance Morbid Angel, they made a sucky album and now EVERYONE and their cousins call them traitors and stuff like that. It sucks, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Yea, I know about Dordeduh. Great artists, on both parts.

I fucking despise these "real" metalheads that now hate Negura after the split. Apparently it's a trend to hate a band when something happens, take for instance Morbid Angel, they made a sucky album and now EVERYONE and their cousins call them traitors and stuff like that. It sucks, yeah.
    I haven't heard much from the new Negura yet. Last release I heard was a remake of old stuff. The newest things I did hear was more the 'neat and tidy' stuff whereas Dordeduh are more freaky and exploring the boundaries more. I personally like the latter better. Live, it just feels weird to see a bunch of good musicians perform songs that essentially they had no involvement in.

We'll see what happens, but I'm banking on Dordeduh being more interesting in the future than Negura Bunget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    We'll see what happens, but I'm banking on Dordeduh being more interesting in the future than Negura Bunget.
    Without a doubt! I was just saying that people are too harsh and too quick to hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, the way they split up with the drummer then laying claim to the name... wasn't really a good thing. I can see why people would take sides here.

Deleted
    A friend of mine played Misery's Omen - Hope Dies in his car today, and now I'm pissed off because it seems like no one is selling that album. Only a couple of songs on Youtube as well. Wtf.

Metallica #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are a bit oldies, but both of the albums they are from are definately on top of my favorites list and prone to being in my cd-player for weeks at a time
    Don't think I've seen either of them in the thread so far (though admittedly I haven't read through all the pages, just most of em)

edit:
    Loved the Arkona links earlier this page btw! thanks for those, didn't know them yet. Their albums shall be mine soon, moehahha *insert manic cackle etc*
    Last edited by Itko; 2012-03-15 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    I think this band and album deserves another mention here. I wish they'd do another europe/scandinavia tour like in 2006.. I suppose it's hard to find time from other projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found Vessania to be fairly text-book stuff. It's done well, but that's hardly a surprise with its pedigree.

--

On an unrelated note: the new Sigh is completely utterly stupendously bonkers. It's utterly insane. I love it.