Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for mentioning VHOL, great stuff!

I didn't know a new Clandestine Blaze came out this year. I guess "Best of" lists are good for something, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Funny though how many sources claim this has BM elements and aside from like I dunno, extremely, extremely small elements, I hear no BM in this.
    This is mainly djenty/mathy/symphonic deathcore.
    Haven't you heard? Everything with symphonic elements and screaming is inspired by BM.

Deleted
    Suffer.

"I'm nailed to the crossroads searching for the piece of me
    that wasn't mine, blood dripping from my hands,
    my end has seen the figure of my lightkeeper
    standing in the doorway."

Probably the best song ever written about Jebus.

10+ Year Old Account
    About time you remedy that then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Times of Grace is the only Neurosis album I've listened to so far, but it's definitely one of my all time favorites.
    I haven't listened to their hardcore stuffs nor the two albums prior to Through Silver In Blood but for the rest I'd say all of them (including Silver) are (some way, some a bit) more accessible than ToG. The Doorway is pretty much Neurosis at its most brutal and suffocating.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite metal band is Protest the Hero.

Thanks to the Kezia album and concept, I fell hard for it. Brutal drum work, groove worthy bass, guitar progression that spans from peaceful to chaotic, and vocals that carry the thoughtful lyrical content through a warzone to get to safety. Protest the Hero is a smart, brutal, sometimes funny, beautiful band. If Protest the Hero were a woman, you would put a fucking ring on that finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the good thing about Neurosis, everyone has a different opinion about their favorite disc. I think all are equally brilliant.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-12-06 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Bangladesh! Death/Thrash, sounds like a bunch of rampaging rhinos on bad meth:

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah new Ataraxie is killer. Anyone heard the new Cynic song yet? Pretty weird, hope the new cd won't be a clusterfuck lol, and if it is, please be a good clusterfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have gotten really into stoner metal. These guys from Sweden have really peaked my interest.

Any other obscure stoner metal bands that y'all may recommend? I really like major riffage and a nice fuzzy tone. The Youtube user that uploaded that album has a bunch that I have been listening to, like Dozer, Wo Fat, and Baroness. I just know that there has to be much more out there that I am missing.

I really like the Truckfighters because they remind me of Queens of the Stone Age, but a little heavier and less filler. I also like sludgier stuff like Down and Sabbath. Looking for some less obvious stuff.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. Dozer came to mind instantly, but you mention them already. You might enjoy some of the Cathedral tracks. Amenra, Bison B.C., Melvins, Kylesa, Torche, Transmission0, Cult of Luna are other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the most obvious choices for stoner are Electric Wizard, Kyuss, High on Fire, The Sword, Spiritual Beggars, YOB, Om, Sleep, Ufomammut, Elder, Orange Goblin etc. Can go on and on!

10+ Year Old Account
    More Sludge/stoner:

Visto Chino, early Monster Magnet and might as well post this one (even though it can hardly be counted as metal):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBFlJjyi4M

One of my favourite albums of all time. No question. They nailed the feel and sound on this album, the groovy riffs, the neck-breaking riffs, the melodies, the vocals, the drums, and especially the surprising but awesome basslicks. Recommend this to everyone who likes death metal.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for suggestions. I have heard of just about all of those bands that were mentioned. I guess that I need to give some serious listening to some of those other bands that I have not particularly paid much attention to.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Also this.