Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Which is ironic because I knew who would be first to reply and what they'd say simply by reading the last ten pages yesterday ha ha, no worries though I was laughing about it in the office. It's like a thread full of carbon copies of my boss, who I deal with on the daily grumbling about how thrash was best in the 80's and everything bar a specific niche is shit, buying 3 copies of rare vinyl, 1 to play and two to masturbate over the PVC covers.

You've got to know it's bad when someone speaks for a group and uses the word underground as a type of sound they enjoy.
    Figure out how to deal with repressed rage somewhere else buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the new Kreator album rather disappointing. Liked Phantom Antichrist a lot better.

The Great Old Ones album is great however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I find the new Kreator album rather disappointing. Liked Phantom Antichrist a lot better.

The Great Old Ones album is great however.
    I'm two tracks in to Kreator but had to put it on hold, it seems very okay.

The GOO is my AOTYSF, Pain of Salvation was decent and Alluvial was good for like the first 20 minutes until I realized it was just an hour long compilation of riffs.

Editing this in:
    Which is ironic because I knew who would be first to reply and what they'd say simply by reading the last ten pages yesterday ha ha, no worries though I was laughing about it in the office. It's like a thread full of carbon copies of my boss, who I deal with on the daily grumbling about how thrash was best in the 80's and everything bar a specific niche is shit, buying 3 copies of rare vinyl, 1 to play and two to masturbate over the PVC covers.

You've got to know it's bad when someone speaks for a group and uses the word underground as a type of sound they enjoy.
    Wew lad, just wew.

Deleted
    Tend to avoid threads like this through fear of musical snobbery. That said I feel like an opportunity to boost my friends band is afoot. They had an album out when we used to work together about 10 years ago, which I loved but eventually I think life grabbed hold of them all and responsibility set in when the money didn't come.
    It cringes the shit out of me, I'm sorry

This album comes out tomorrow, I really like this.

Gives off the raw, evil form of melodic death metal much better.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-02-01 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Edit:
    Oh new Wintersun album cover is out, it looks cheesy as fuck
    That album cover is right up my fucking alley!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    GOO has been linked a couple of times, it's my AOTYSF.
    Album of the year on 1st of Feb?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm two tracks in to Kreator but had to put it on hold, it seems very okay.
    I dunno man, some really corny tracks like Satan is Real really ruin that album for me. There are some decent tracks on there but I find Phantom Antichrist more to my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    Oh new Wintersun album cover is out, it looks cheesy as fuck
    Not a fan of that cover either, reminds me of Trine more than metal music. It's insanely over-saturated for some reason,

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I dunno man, some really corny tracks like Satan is Real really ruin that album for me. There are some decent tracks on there but I find Phantom Antichrist more to my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a fan of that cover either, reminds me of Trine more than metal music. It's insanely over-saturated for some reason,
    I finished the Kreator album last night, yeah it's cheesy as fuck. Satan is Real is a terrible song. On a 1-5 scale its a 3 at best imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the Kreator album last night, yeah it's cheesy as fuck. Satan is Real is a terrible song. On a 1-5 scale its a 3 at best imo
    About what I would rate it as well, maybe even a 2,5 only. Some pretty decent tracks, but the album is too corny to my taste. I understand they wanted to experiment a little but to me it feels like a second Endorama.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Gives off the raw, evil form of melodic death metal much better.
    Dang! I like this. Thanks for sharing Going to check this album out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Dang! I like this. Thanks for sharing Going to check this album out.
    Nice! I'm glad someone does when I post some shit

What more do you like?

Nice! I'm glad someone does when I post some shit

What more do you like?
    Listening to the rest of the album, I think this was probably the better song, unfortunately...hmm. Still a good track, though.

As far as Melodic Death goes, I absolutely adore Be'lakor! Probably my favorite on the Melodeath scene right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Listening to the rest of the album, I think this was probably the better song, unfortunately...hmm. Still a good track, though.

As far as Melodic Death goes, I absolutely adore Be'lakor! Probably my favorite on the Melodeath scene right now.
    Everybody loves Be'lakor

Try out my favourite list on youtube, perhaps you may find something you like!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7woDAym1G1KjBA

Everybody loves Be'lakor

Try out my favourite list on youtube, perhaps you may find something you like!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7woDAym1G1KjBA
    Awesome! I'll try that, thanks for the suggestions!

Deleted
    I stumbled upon this one, and damn i freaking love it! Heavy, dark, melancholic, awesome atmosphere. Vocals are beast too. I am replaying it quite a lot i must say :>

Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    I stumbled upon this one, and damn i freaking love it! Heavy, dark, melancholic, awesome atmosphere. Vocals are beast too. I am replaying it quite a lot i must say :>

If you like that, check out Before the Dawn, Black Sun Aeon, and Dawn of Solace. This dude was in all those bands.

Hey all, been reading this thread for a bit and decided to stop lurking because I need a little help. Looking for instrumental tech death similar to the second half of Humanity's Last Breath's self titled album (less djenty is fine, I found Ophidius' Way of the Voice in this thread and I'm fucking loving it), do yall have any suggestions? I've got friends that for some reason aren't fond of harsh vocals, and I'm trying to introduce them to heavier music.

Deleted
    Just wanted to stop by - been listening to all kind of metal since I was a kid, and I'm 32 now... Still my favorite genre - and i listen to all kind of metal.
    The last 2-3 years Amon Amarth have grown on me, and I actually really like the new album
    Also Metallica (which was my first metal love) who released Hardwired.. Great album!
    I know I don't contribute with anything to this thread, just wanted to say hello to all other metal-heads in here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    Hey all, been reading this thread for a bit and decided to stop lurking because I need a little help. Looking for instrumental tech death similar to the second half of Humanity's Last Breath's self titled album (less djenty is fine, I found Ophidius' Way of the Voice in this thread and I'm fucking loving it), do yall have any suggestions? I've got friends that for some reason aren't fond of harsh vocals, and I'm trying to introduce them to heavier music.
    Got you

A big chunk is with no vocals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Just wanted to stop by - been listening to all kind of metal since I was a kid, and I'm 32 now... Still my favorite genre - and i listen to all kind of metal.
    The last 2-3 years Amon Amarth have grown on me, and I actually really like the new album
    Also Metallica (which was my first metal love) who released Hardwired.. Great album!
    I know I don't contribute with anything to this thread, just wanted to say hello to all other metal-heads in here
    What do you think of the earlier AA albums then? For me they got pretty lame more with each album after Surtur Rising. And I've seen them live 4 times, including their 25th anniversary tour.

Also like this track:

Rest of the album is really shitty though, lame cleans. None in this one.